Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Interesting. Given his health issues if he were giving up the sport I wouldn’t be shocked.  

His name isn't in the transfer portal right now according to verbalcommits, which has been pretty darn accurate.  I also know when IU handled their press release they simply said Jerome would not be a member of the roster in 2021-22 and wished him well on the future -- no mention of the portal.  I'm wondering if he hasn't entered due to personal issues.  I know Miller had alluded to some non-basketball issues toward the end of the year when Hunter had registered a DNP and that Miller was pretty vague on when he would be on the court again.

11 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

His name isn't in the transfer portal right now according to verbalcommits, which has been pretty darn accurate.  I also know when IU handled their press release they simply said Jerome would not be a member of the roster in 2021-22 and wished him well on the future -- no mention of the portal.  I'm wondering if he hasn't entered due to personal issues.  I know Miller had alluded to some non-basketball issues toward the end of the year when Hunter had registered a DNP and that Miller was pretty vague on when he would be on the court again.

It is as of 47mins ago now...

https://www.verbalcommits.com/transfers/2021

31 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Final Indiana Basketball post-season tally of those who have played for IU and are leaving, vs new players:

OUT: 

1. Armaan Franklin
  2. Al Durham
  3. Joey Brunk
  4. Jerome Hunter

IN:

1. Xavier Johnson
  2. Parker Stewart
  3. Tamar Bates
  4. Michael Durr
  5. Miller Kopp
  6. Logan Duncomb

When you see it laid out like this, the talent infusion and upgrade is striking.

One could argue that Miller was responsible for Parker and Logan but one could also argue that Miller staying would have led to TJD and Geronimo, at a minimum leaving.  We could have been in a Georgia like (doubt it would have been as bad but could have been similar) situation had Miller still been here.

The portal was definitely friendly to us and helped make the quick infusion happen but it also shows that the right guy can turn a program around quickly.  

3 hours ago, 8bucks said:

One could argue that Miller was responsible for Parker and Logan but one could also argue that Miller staying would have led to TJD and Geronimo, at a minimum leaving.  We could have been in a Georgia like (doubt it would have been as bad but could have been similar) situation had Miller still been here.

The portal was definitely friendly to us and helped make the quick infusion happen but it also shows that the right guy can turn a program around quickly.  

Do we anticipate AH being open for something close to full capacity by Nov? I haven’t been back for a game in forever. But with Woody, Trayce, the influx of talent and a close to full AH after all this time, that could be pretty freaking electric. May have to make that happen.

14 minutes ago, Demo said:

Do we anticipate AH being open for something close to full capacity by Nov? I haven’t been back for a game in forever. But with Woody, Trayce, the influx of talent and a close to full AH after all this time, that could be pretty freaking electric. May have to make that happen.

I think the current plan is yes.   Might take my daughter to a game. So that if this is the start of something great she can talk about being there 

5 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Final Indiana Basketball post-season tally of those who have played for IU and are leaving, vs new players:

OUT: 

1. Armaan Franklin
  2. Al Durham
  3. Joey Brunk
  4. Jerome Hunter

IN:

1. Xavier Johnson
  2. Parker Stewart
  3. Tamar Bates
  4. Michael Durr
  5. Miller Kopp
  6. Logan Duncomb

When you see it laid out like this, the talent infusion and upgrade is striking.

Without a doubt. Major upgrades to this roster.

44 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

It is the plan, and you might have to sell off some serious assets to afford it lol. 

A *LOT* of optimism + a year of being cooped up + an already expensive ticket when we suck = sorry kids Christmas is cancelled, daddy wants to see IU play *squints* Bemidji State on a Wednesday in November. 

I’ve disappointed them before. 

On 5/17/2021 at 6:42 PM, Demo said:

Here’s a game of Durr’s vs UC from Dec. There’s more to him than I expected. Runs well and hard. Good lateral movement. Hedges and recovers on the pick and roll more easily than Brunk could dream of. Plays physically and with energy. Good hands. Should be a solid finisher off penetration. The stoke plays  If Durr is a 15 min a game rotational big for you, you are way better off than most teams. That kid can help. 
Aside: the announcers mention several times about the killer job John Brannen was doing at UC. They called it. He damn near killed that program 

Just watched most of Durr’s first half.

Amen and hallelujah the guy knows how to play some.

He’s listed at 7’0”. If he had any neck whatsoever he’d be 7’3” ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walt_Williams_(baseball)

Long arms, plays with physicality, and solid post defensive principles.

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Just watched most of Durr’s first half.

Amen and hallelujah the guy knows how to play some.

He’s listed at 7’0”. If he had any neck whatsoever he’d be 7’3” ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walt_Williams_(baseball)

Long arms and plays with physicality and solid post defensive principles though.

Having gotten to watch Durr a little now, unless someone gets hurt, a redshirt for Duncomb really feels like the tack to take, assuming he’s willing. I don’t see minutes for him. But if he rolls out in ‘22 at 245 and with a year of skill development he’s a 20 minute kid from the jump. 

Interesting note....Durr missed three games last year against Memphis, Houston, and Central Florida.  In those games, they lost to Memphis by 21, Houston by 46, and Central Florida by 16.

In the game he played against Memphis, they lost by 1;  in the game he played against Houston, they lost by 17.  In the game he played against Central Florida, they won by 7.

So they were an average -27.7 in the three games he didn't play;  against those same opponents, they were -3.7 when he did play.  Obviously a small sample space, but that is a HUGE difference to simply be written off.

The very well traveled Vance Jackson enters the portal.  Stretch 4, 6'9", 238 lbs.  As a freshman at U Conn, started 21 games and averaged 8 points and 4 rebounds.  Transferred to New Mexico, sat out a transfer year, then played two years, starting 44 games over two years and averaged 12 points and 6 rebounds.  Transferred to Arkansas last year and averaged 4 points and 2 rebounds in 12 minutes per game.  Has taken over 500 three point shots in his career, hitting 35%.

Former Illinois/DePaul/Iowa State guard Jalen-Coleman Lands transfers to Kansas.  His career starter back in 2015-6 when he averaged 10 points per game as a freshman at Illinois.  Played his sophomore year there, sat at 2017-8 as a transfer to DePaul, only played in 9 games due to injury in 2018-9 at DePaul and was medically redshirted, averaged 11 ppg at DePaul in 2019-20, grad transferred to Iowa State and average 14 ppg last year.

That's a career that will span 7 years.  He has currently played in 133 games in his career (that's 10 more games than Al Durham has played)