Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

47 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Not right now but others on here seem confident it won’t take to long. If I was to guess at the moment I’d say it’ll be Durr. 

I would prefer the NAIA guy, but he seems to be looking at the professional side of things. However, we can develop Durr with his 2/3 years at IU

17 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Now that’s taking one for the team. 

That whole situation started while Mitchell was in high school. Bergeron was only hired at UMASS to bring Mitchell there because he was his high school coach at Woodstock Academy. 

41 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Tony Bergeron former UMASS assistant that got fired after the season. He’s the reason he went to UMASS. It’s known Mitchell was going to a school that Bergeron ends up at if he gets another job. If that doesn’t happen it’ll be an interesting situation but some things will have to play out first. Oh and Bergeron is engaged to Mitchell’s mom.

Well, if you consider shacking up with one of your player's moms while you are coaching him in high school, the amazing coincidence of getting a job at the exact same college he commits to, and being fired 5 days after he enters the transfer portal as odd, then sure.

But given enough time a monkey sitting at a typewriter will eventually type the complete works of William Shakespeare.

Does that seem odd?

There are rumors out there that some players still think a certain player will transfer to IU. I still don't believe it and think the final roster spot will go to a big but who knows at this point until there is an announcement. 

1 minute ago, ap2345 said:

There are rumors out there that some players still think a certain player will transfer to IU. I still don't believe it and think the final roster spot will go to a big but who knows at this point until there is an announcement. 

damn, I wonder who that could be...

Lol it is going to be the start of our first game and this rumor will still be out there. 

1 hour ago, iu eyedoc said:

Well, if you consider shacking up with one of your player's moms while you are coaching him in high school, the amazing coincidence of getting a job at the exact same college he commits to, and being fired 5 days after he enters the transfer portal as odd, then sure.

But given enough time a monkey sitting at a typewriter will eventually type the complete works of William Shakespeare.

Does that seem odd?

Not even close to as odd as the duckbilled platypus.

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

I still don't totally believe it but it's one thing when you hear it from one player but now it's coming from multiple players. Of course, boosters have been saying it since the season ended. It's getting tiring I know that for sure. 

He would certainly be a good replacement in the unlikely event this happens.