Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

Just now, Trish said:

I wonder how Brad Stevens feels about IU looking ok while the Celtics are currently in a free-fall. 

IMO he doesn't feel/think about IU at all. He's focused on his team. He won't think about IU until he's fired (whenever that is) and he'll have a few moments of "what could have been" before taking the Pacers or another NBA job.

1 minute ago, IU-DL said:

Very strange announcement. Says he “won’t return” but doesn’t specifically say he’s in the portal. Wonder if Woodson asked him to leave.

Knight never thought twice about asking someone to leave......

Just now, Chris007 said:

From my understanding, it wasn't a good fit on our end. 

Agree.....I think we are going to see a much, much more disciplined and well respected team all around, top to bottom.

Just now, cybergates said:

With an open spot again, anyone in the know where we stand with Langston Wilson and/or EJ Onu?

EJ Onu is still exploring professional options but could be a possibility with an opening now. Wilson committed to Washington already. 

4 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

EJ Onu is still exploring professional options but could be a possibility with an opening now. Wilson committed to Washington already. 

Onu and Durr are the only two I've heard us mentioned with but I've been busy with actual work lately so not sure I'm up to date.

27 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Well, we can’t say this is surprising. He was the name most identified as the most likely to transfer. Best of luck to the kid. He’s been here a long time and endured a lot. I still think he’s got some good college basketball in him. 

It appears the staff wants another 5 to fill in, right? Makes the Brunk transfer interesting, as others have noted. He was a freebie on the roster. 

Do your thing, Coach Woodson! I’m ready for a Top 15 team. 

Well said. I imagine Brunk simply isn’t a stylistic fit on the court. Not a good rebounder for his height, no threat outside the paint, slow enough to be a defensive liability...everyone likes him, it seems, but you’ve got to win games.

Not to mention the potential impact of his injury, surgery, recovery.