Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Honest question  --  with only 1 year of eligibility and the weaknesses you pointed out would we be a better team for that single year? 

Fair question. I think you do, but if you’re gonna take him you have to really believe in his ability  to absorb coaching. A lot of his defensive stuff is correctable, but it has to be. He crosses his feet. He opens up his baseline shoulder and gives an angle to the rim. He lets guys into his chest. Against the NAIA he gets away with it, but Trevion Williams puts him on the bench in 5 mins. But, man, his good stuff is really good. I can’t remember the last shot blocker in Bloomington as good as Onu appears to be. Maybe George Leach? And his offensive game would play, no problem. If a school viewed him as a 28 min fulcrum of their team kind of kid, I think they’re really rolling the dice. But Bloomington strikes me as an almost perfect situation for him, assuming he picks up things quickly.

49 minutes ago, Demo said:

But Bloomington strikes me as an almost perfect situation for him, assuming he picks up things quickly.

I'm putting you on the spot and you can only pick one or the other.  Based on having watched Race for several years and watching a single game of Onu, who will be of bigger value to us next season?

10 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I'm putting you on the spot and you can only pick one or the other.  Based on having watched Race for several years and watching a single game of Onu, who will be of bigger value to us next season?

It seems like him and Race are exact polar opposites. Race is controlled, experienced, low base, passer, screener.

One is lonnnnng, can shoot, will be mistake prone, hyper-talented.

The perfect contrast for a combined  35-40 minutes per game, while TJD plays about 30-35.

13 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Fun question. And, yeah, the Onu sample size is way too small to make an informed call. But if you assume Onu completely checks out, good kid, smart kid, hard worker, fits in the room,  coaching sponge, I would probably roll the dice with him. He brings some things you don’t have now and has a chance to elevate your team and Race doesn’t. BUT, if Trayce were to blow out an ACL in November and suddenly 1 of these guys has to play 30 mins every night, than it has to be Race. You know he can handle that workload and you only hope Onu can. So in an either/or theoretical, I probably take Onu and wrap Trayce in bubble wrap between games. 

45 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Depends if Woodson can get race shooting the 3 or not.  If he can get race to shoot even 33% from 3 I would rather have him 

2 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Depends if Woodson can get race shooting the 3 or not.  If he can get race to shoot even 33% from 3 I would rather have him 

And Race has shown the ability to hit from outside, now he’ll play on an offense and under a coach who pushes that. Race has the tools imo and his demonstrated all around game is simply better 

26 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

And Race has shown the ability to hit from outside, now he’ll play on an offense and under a coach who pushes that. Race has the tools imo and his demonstrated all around game is simply better 

He was regarded as a shooter in high school 

5 hours ago, HoosierHoopster said:

You may be right about the stroke playing. It’s gonna have to. But he’s 6-25 from 3 over 2 years, on wide open looks, and he’s a low 60’s ft shooter. So he hasn’t shown it at all. Hopefully he evolves like Max Bielfeldt, but there’s no actual game production to suggest it. It’s pure projection on our part. 

On 4/30/2021 at 4:52 PM, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I thought Emoni Bates decommitted months ago? In any event, slim chance he ever plays college ball. 

That was a different player -- Enoch Boakye (2022), five star center, decommited from Michigan State in February.  He is ranked around 20th.  As of the beginning of February, they had the #1 and #20 recruits in 2022....and both have decomitted.

Rupp Rafters is hilarious right now. Talks of “we need to start paying players.” Absolutely delusional. 

“NCAA is an absolute laughing stock. Coaches caught by the FBI and still allowed to coach, recruit and compete in the NCAAT. Of course part of it is the AD and school administrators for having little to no ethics or integrity. Lawyer up and deny any wrongdoing. What a joke!!!”

“I don’t necessarily care about this recruit but if NCAA is just gonna let everyone cheat, f it, let’s even the playing field with some Kentucky/horses/bourbon/etc. $$$$”

“I’m sorry but with the spineless NCAA we need to start to pay dudes if that’s what it takes. I’m sick of seeing LSU get on everybody’s list because they pay whatever it takes.”

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Rupp Rafters is hilarious right now. Talks of “we need to start paying players.” Absolutely delusional. 

“NCAA is an absolute laughing stock. Coaches caught by the FBI and still allowed to coach, recruit and compete in the NCAAT. Of course part of it is the AD and school administrators for having little to no ethics or integrity. Lawyer up and deny any wrongdoing. What a joke!!!”

Start?  When did they stop?

25 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

“I don’t necessarily care about this recruit but if NCAA is just gonna let everyone cheat, f it, let’s even the playing field with some Kentucky/horses/bourbon/etc. $$$$”

“I’m sorry but with the spineless NCAA we need to start to pay dudes if that’s what it takes. I’m sick of seeing LSU get on everybody’s list because they pay whatever it takes.”

That is the pot calling the kettle a cheat

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Truly some banner days on Rupp these days between this and the Nolan Hickman decommit.

1 hour ago, Demo said:

You may be right about the stroke playing. It’s gonna have to. But he’s 6-25 from 3 over 2 years, on wide open looks, and he’s a low 60’s ft shooter. So he hasn’t shown it at all. Hopefully he evolves like Max Bielfeldt, but there’s no actual game production to suggest it. It’s pure projection on our part. 

Not projection, have watched him shoot, that’s too small a sample size to draw any conclusion from. He has a pretty decent stroke. No, no one is calling him Bielfeldt

On 4/30/2021 at 2:44 PM, 8bucks said:

I loved those warm bread subs the Convenience mart used to make.  Baked bread daily, fresh deli meat, a soda and that little bit of chocolate candy thrown in all for $3.29 I think.  When I was working at the HT and finishing school I would swing in there for lunch before class a couple times a week at least.  And if i could not afford the sub you could get a bag of great popcorn for 50 cents.  

Do they still make their own bread and subs on site?

If you haven’t been to the CFM in the last 5 years, you wouldn’t recognize the place. Ownership has changed hands and they aren’t making anything fresh.