Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

22 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

Damn elderly holding up everyone ;)

Reminds me of a few years back, these older guys were playing slowly in front of us, one guy looked about 90. After a bunker shot he fell down trying to climb out, his friends just looked at him wallow around a bit until he managed to get up. I couldn't help but laugh, but by doing so felt myself a little closer to hell...it was worth it.

Not finding much about why Onu wasn't getting offers out of high school, but did find this article.
https://www.portsmouth-dailytimes.com/sports/45336/ej-the-eraser
-- didn't start playing basketball until he was 14.
-- sounds like a late bloomer even by those standards
-- ran track in high school, putting up a 57.49 in the 400.....pretty darn good for a kid that was almost 7 foot.
Track, a close third to my 2 favorites, basketball and baseball

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, cleeter said:

Emoni Bates to enter the portal/decommit from MSU. Anyone okay with losing someone if he actually wanted to follow fife?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't be on the portal being a high school player.  He is also in the 2022 class so it would be a year until he would play college.  I also think he will never play college basketball

Can't be on the portal being a high school player.  He is also in the 2022 class so it would be a year until he would play college.  I also think he will never play college basketball

Ahh, I had a brainfart about 2022. Thanks for correcting me. But i have always thought he wouldn’t touch a campus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, 8bucks said:

I loved those warm bread subs the Convenience mart used to make.  Baked bread daily, fresh deli meat, a soda and that little bit of chocolate candy thrown in all for $3.29 I think.  When I was working at the HT and finishing school I would swing in there for lunch before class a couple times a week at least.  And if i could not afford the sub you could get a bag of great popcorn for 50 cents.  

Do they still make their own bread and subs on site?

No they do not. They still make a lot of stuff on site but not fresh bread. The BLT’s are awesome. 3 pieces of bread, miracle whip, lettuce, tomato and a pound of bacon. 

5 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

Not finding much about why Onu wasn't getting offers out of high school, but did find this article.

https://www.portsmouth-dailytimes.com/sports/45336/ej-the-eraser

-- didn't start playing basketball until he was 14.

-- sounds like a late bloomer even by those standards

-- ran track in high school, putting up a 57.49 in the 400.....pretty darn good for a kid that was almost 7 foot.

That's about what I ran. Can you imagine me at 5'6" dueling it out with him heading to finish line?

7 hours ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

If this was suggested I can't possibly imagine it had any merit. I've seen it come up in past years as well...probably the Crean years. The thought of any player or parents of a player saying yeah sure I'll start paying tuition so you can use my son's scholarship that he earned on another player so they won't have to pay tuition....I just can't ever see that happening. Nor should it ever happen. 

If I had the means I would gladly pay tuition for my kid and let the scholarship go to someone else if it meant IU could field a legitimate contender.

That being said, I don't have the means and my kid plays with Barbies.

1 hour ago, TwatShot said:

If I had the means I would gladly pay tuition for my kid and let the scholarship go to someone else if it meant IU could field a legitimate contender.

That being said, I don't have the means and my kid plays with Barbies.

That’s commendable. But I have to believe you’re saying that b/c your kid is very young and therefore nowhere near playing basketball at IU. So your desire for IU to field a legitimate contender is factoring in. B/c if your kid had earned a scholarship to play basketball at IU, regardless of means, it would simply be crazy to say yeah my kid is the one who deserves to give their scholarship up just so a 13th player can be added to the roster b/c that is the kid that will make the team a legitimate contender and deserves to have the scholarship instead.

8 hours ago, Demo said:

But, his toolkit matches the new direction of the program better than Thompson’s does and he would bring a defensive presence the roster currently lacks.

Honest question  --  with only 1 year of eligibility and the weaknesses you pointed out would we be a better team for that single year?