Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

17 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

J.J. Caldwell (New Mexico) to the portal.  Has one of the strangest stat lines in the game.....true pass first point guard, played 31 minutes per game last year and only averaged 5.8 points but added 5.7 assists.

You are not kidding. A 6’1” pg who had as many rebounds as shot attempts and more steals than to’s. I’d like to see this kid play. 

16 hours ago, Demo said:

You are not kidding. A 6’1” pg who had as many rebounds as shot attempts and more steals than to’s. I’d like to see this kid play. 

Yeah, he does everything.  Except score.  And can't shoot the three.  So basically he's good at everything except the things you would expect a 6'1" player to be.

5 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

Yeah, he does everything.  Except score.  And can't shoot the three.  So basically he's good at everything except the things you would expect a 6'1" player to be.

Glanced at his game log yesterday and iirc he’s only scored in double figures once in college, which is remarkable for someone who has played as many minutes as he has

17 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

agree to strongly disagree

Seriously though, what’s wrong with it? I’m confused. It’s no different from any of the other ‘hype’ videos that players put out before announcing their decisions. 

28 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

just glad he isn't at IU. that video is pathetic

If it's not UK he's going to L$U. I honestly think he'd fit in better at L$U than UK and that's saying something. 

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

It's Miller's prerogative, but for me? 

It's not a good look at all.

Without the video saying as much, it strongly conveys "me" over "team."

Well, he’s in the portal so he doesn’t have a team right now. I don’t have any issue in a kid trying to generate interest for himself and his decision. 

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Seriously though, what’s wrong with it? I’m confused. It’s no different from any of the other ‘hype’ videos that players put out before announcing their decisions. 

He is not a high school player so no it is not the same.  It is an announcement to an announcement video that flips a middle finger to his former team.

This is more of what he does. It is all about Adam Miller, if you haven't followed any of his drama

Just now, ap2345 said:

If it's not UK he's going to L$U. I honestly think he'd fit in better at L$U than UK and that's saying something. 

I have been reading that some think it will be LSU. I agree he fits there

4 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

He is not a high school player so no it is not the same.  It is an announcement to an announcement video that flips a middle finger to his former team.

This is more of what he does. It is all about Adam Miller, if you haven't followed any of his drama

I haven’t followed his drama, but the people on Rupp Rafters seem to think his mom is the problem. They’re also complaining about LSU cheating which is ironic as hell, but that’s a convo for a different thread. 

6 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Well, he’s in the portal so he doesn’t have a team right now. I don’t have any issue in a kid trying to generate interest for himself and his decision. 

Your post is true.

However, as I frequently say to my kids "It's not what you're saying, it's how you're saying it" that's the problem.

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Your post is true.

However, as I frequently say to my kids "It's not what you're saying, it's how you're saying it" that's the problem.

I don’t know his past or his personality or anything, so I was just seeing the video in a vacuum and didn’t think it was anything unusual. Reading more about him I can see why it’s problematic. 

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I don’t know his past or his personality or anything, so I was just seeing the video in a vacuum and didn’t think it was anything unusual. Reading more about him I can see why it’s problematic. 

Yeah I don't have a problem with kids generating interest and for the most part they have worked very hard to get where they are so they deserve their time in the spotlight. I know I would want to enjoy that process.

I just think Adam Miller has shown time and again it is more about him and as a future teammate that would rub me the wrong way. This video is confirmation of that. So yes, much more than just this video. 

8 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

4 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Yeah I don't have a problem with kids generating interest and for the most part they have worked very hard to get where they are so they deserve their time in the spotlight. I know I would want to enjoy that process.

I just think Adam Miller has shown time and again it is more about him and as a future teammate that would rub me the wrong way. This video is confirmation of that. So yes, much more than just this video. 

image.jpeg