Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

51 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

I wasn’t able to find the numbers but it wasn’t a secret that Bruno’s minutes were going down because he and TJD being on the court (especially with Smith at the 3) was hurting.  

in terms of TJD and Brunk being on the floor together....I assume you agree that it hurt to have them both clogging the lane and that Brunk isn’t as good as TJD.  That makes Brunk a 5 to 10 minute player with proper game management.

Sure but guys have value outside their on court production 

32 minutes ago, OKHOOSIER said:

I love coming back to random threads to see what the conversation is, and the Brunk departure is causing this much hubbub? Hand wringing about a guy who averaged 6 points and 5 rebounds in 19 minutes worth of work per game. He isn't athletic, cant shoot the three, is abysmal from the the line (57% career) and was an average rim defender (0.3 blks per game). To say he doesn't fit the CMW system is an incredible understatement, aside from coming off an injury that is often the kiss of death for a big man, and any basketball player (back problems). At best in our system he is five fouls to give under the basket, at worst he does not see the floor, and I am certain CMW was straight up with him. I am sure they want Logan to get whatever minutes would have gone to Joey. 

Now, as to his transfer to Ohio, that one is puzzling, and I do not see playing time there for him exceeding what he got under Archie. I stated before in a different thread when we were arguing about "big men" that Joey literally becomes the tallest guy on their team by a couple inches. I guess that may have been the draw there for him and why they wanted him. Personally I wish him nothing but the best and hope he has a solid role for them in their rotation, I just don't see it. Either way, and this has been pointed out before, people need to get used to this kind of turnover, this isn't "Creaning" which was over signing for over signing sake and machine gunning scholarships to players that had no business getting an IU offer. This is turnover because every year we will be looking for the best players available to plug holes or make the team better. I think everyone should prepare themselves to lose the IU loyalty nonsense, they are going to build a roster year over year to get better, not clog a scholly on a 3 star at the end of the bench because he is loyal to IU and an "IU guy". This, like it or not, is what it takes to win big now in CBB, and with the transfer rule now, there will be very little "get old, stay old". But that's just like, my opinion man. 

I think the big deal is that he did not count on the scholarship #'s.  Along with that, IU has been snakebitten the last several years with injuries, and if nothing else he was a safety factor.  Other than that, I am not sure what the panty wadding is all about.  I was under the impression he couldn't attend law school if he was playing bball, maybe I had one too many edibles and am dreaming this up.  

I love coming back to random threads to see what the conversation is, and the Brunk departure is causing this much hubbub? Hand wringing about a guy who averaged 6 points and 5 rebounds in 19 minutes worth of work per game. He isn't athletic, cant shoot the three, is abysmal from the the line (57% career) and was an average rim defender (0.3 blks per game). To say he doesn't fit the CMW system is an incredible understatement, aside from coming off an injury that is often the kiss of death for a big man, and any basketball player (back problems). At best in our system he is five fouls to give under the basket, at worst he does not see the floor, and I am certain CMW was straight up with him. I am sure they want Logan to get whatever minutes would have gone to Joey. 

Now, as to his transfer to Ohio, that one is puzzling, and I do not see playing time there for him exceeding what he got under Archie. I stated before in a different thread when we were arguing about "big men" that Joey literally becomes the tallest guy on their team by a couple inches. I guess that may have been the draw there for him and why they wanted him. Personally I wish him nothing but the best and hope he has a solid role for them in their rotation, I just don't see it. Either way, and this has been pointed out before, people need to get used to this kind of turnover, this isn't "Creaning" which was over signing for over signing sake and machine gunning scholarships to players that had no business getting an IU offer. This is turnover because every year we will be looking for the best players available to plug holes or make the team better. I think everyone should prepare themselves to lose the IU loyalty nonsense, they are going to build a roster year over year to get better, not clog a scholly on a 3 star at the end of the bench because he is loyal to IU and an "IU guy". This, like it or not, is what it takes to win big now in CBB, and with the transfer rule now, there will be very little "get old, stay old". But that's just like, my opinion man. 

I don't recall anyone who was upset he left. The whole debate started with someone saying he was pushed out to make room which would be similar to someone being pushed out if Brooks or someone else entered the portal and wanted to come to IU. It wouldn't be because his scholarship didn't count toward allowable scholarships and he transfered while 2 spots were open.. It wasn't whether IU should have kept Brunk.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, OKHOOSIER said:

Nobody is wringing their hands over Brunk leaving.  They were saying that trying to compare him leaving to trying to bump one of the players currently on the roster off the team for an unnamed, hypothetical person who hypothetically turned down the school once, hypothetically has stats at his current P5 school that are not much better than those we want to replace because "athletic and highly ranked", and maybe some other hypothetical issues.

Most of us are saying you don't boot the guys being discussed here to add someone who has not shown that they are demonstrably better.  That would go for any hypothetical player.

22 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Nobody is wringing their hands over Brunk leaving.  They were saying that trying to compare him leaving to trying to bump one of the players currently on the roster off the team for an unnamed, hypothetical person who hypothetically turned down the school once, hypothetically has stats at his current P5 school that are not much better than those we want to replace because "athletic and highly ranked", and maybe some other hypothetical issues.

Most of us are saying you don't boot the guys being discussed here to add someone who has not shown that they are demonstrably better.  That would go for any hypothetical player.

You missed my main points, it absolutely was hand wringing, and I never once brought up any “hypothetical” replacements. I merely pointed out brunks’ not hypothetical stats, and why no one should care too much he left. I also never stated I believe he was bumped. I believe CMW was straight forward and told him he could stay, but there probably wouldn’t be minutes. 
Hypothetically speaking, you would really take Joey Brunk over a chance at Keion Brooks looking to restore his NBA stature? You can lie and say yes, but no one is going to believe you in that hypothetical. 

Just now, OKHOOSIER said:

You missed my main points, it absolutely was hand wringing, and I never once brought up any “hypothetical” replacements. I merely pointed out brunks’ not hypothetical stats, and why no one should care too much he left. I also never stated I believe he was bumped. I believe CMW was straight forward and told him he could stay, but there probably wouldn’t be minutes. 
Hypothetically speaking, you would really take Joey Brunk over a chance at Keion Brooks looking to restore his NBA stature? You can lie and say yes, but no one is going to believe you in that hypothetical. 

I thought the discussion of Brunk leaving centered around not being able to attend law-school AND play on the team at IU. Maybe OSU allows players to do both.

Brunk wouldn't even be part of that hypothetical because his scholarship didn't count toward the available scholarships. I think you need to go way back and see where this conversation started.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Another big commitment for Chris Beard and Texas — Vanderbilt forward Dylan Disu is headed to Austin. 6-foot-9 sophomore averaged 15.0 points and 9.2 rebounds.

The best part of this development...pUKe fans REALLY wanted him. 

5 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Beard is gonna do so very well at Texas

Beard to Texas really was a match made in Heaven. If everything works out there, UT could really be set to rise to the top echelon of college basketball, especially if some current elite programs fumble coaching changes.

51 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Key coming back to Indiana State for the extra year.   Glad he is coming back but thought he could go somewhere bigger for his extra year. 

Wow. Hope he gets a few of those guys to come back with him.