Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

Just now, Stuhoo said:

What honeymoon?

I thought you were pretty much done with IUBB when they hired Mike Woodson. Now you think Brooks is a “mediocre head case” and your honeymoon with a hire you HATED is over?

please

Nope, you have me confused with someone else, I never said I was done with IU, although I did hate the hire.

Also, not saying it's MY honeymoon- talking about Woodson's. Things have gone well his first few weeks and everyone seems happy with the direction of the program, right? = Honeymoon. 

Finally, I've always thought Brooks was a mediocre headcase, not just now. 

You're welcome. 

2 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

Nope, you have me confused with someone else, I never said I was done with IU, although I did hate the hire.

Also, not saying it's MY honeymoon- talking about Woodson's. Things have gone well his first few weeks and everyone seems happy with the direction of the program, right? = Honeymoon. 

Finally, I've always thought Brooks was a mediocre headcase, not just now. 

You're welcome. 

What about Brooks makes you think he’s a head case? 

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

What about Brooks makes you think he’s a head case? 

I thanked you because I would like to know as well. From what I remember from his interviews, he seemed to have a level-head and appeared grounded and intelligent (and I don’t care about any naivety any 19 year old had about a former UK coach from ages ago). I grew up an IU fan and always wanted to attend Indiana, but I aged and gained enough wisdom to not choose Indiana for my bachelors or my masters because there were other schools with better programs in my field of interest. I chose what I felt was best for my future. I think that’s what Brooks did. He felt UK was better for his future. His mind can change, and I completely understand how it might with a coaching change and the fact his time at UK wasn’t the one-and-done he and his father expected.  

I’m not at all opposed to Brooks coming to IU. I just wish, if he actually makes the decision, he wouldn’t have delayed to the point another player who held steadfast in his choice of schools is asked to leave before he wishes to (if that is even the case, which all signs indicate it is). With that said, though, Brooks could have been watching from afar to see what rosters developed during this crazy portal. He seemed to weigh his decision pretty heavily and pretty maturely the first go-around, at least from my unbiased vantage point, and it’s highly possible he was waiting to see what developed elsewhere and at UK before making a decision (again, if he even is making this decision). 

I don’t know Brooks Sr, but I get the feeling he had as much say as Brooks Jr did with his original decision. I won’t knock a father for pushing his son to go where he felt it was a better fit or a brighter future, but part of me always felt like he was in control of someone else’s decision (his son’s decisions, which he should give his input, albeit not be the decision maker). 

I agree wholeheartedly to that last part. 100%.

But, we have no idea at this point whether Galloway (or any other player) is being Creaned or leaving on their own accord.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app
It doesn't matter. The optics are terrible and coaches will use that in recruiting.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, madmax said:

I would honestly rather keep Galloway over getting any player. If the number one player in the country Chet Holmgren or whoever decided that he wanted to come I would still rather keep Galloway. He wanted to here and has seemingly never wavered from that. If that’s the difference between a trip to the E8 or S16 and a first round exit so be it.

Keeping players with glaring flaws, cause they want to be here, could contribute to why we suck right now. 

Better to mentor a kid into a better situation, than blowing smoke up his @$$ about playing time that will never come.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Rick Majerus said:

None of us know what is happening behind the scenes so I don't get the constant handwringing that happens with every new rumor. Why worry about hypotheticals. 

It's a fan message board. That's pretty much the whole point! 

I know everyone is talking about Galloway but the player that Brooks would impact the most is Hunter. He's also one of two players that never made any statements after the coaching change. I've listened to almost every coach interview since the staff has been hired and I don't think I've heard his name mentioned. I could be wrong but I don't remember it. 

I know nothing about UK stuff. Is that a pretty credible site? Appears to be, but I have no idea.

Not sure about this particular guy but Sea of Blue and Rupp Rafters are two big fan sites for UK. I’ve seen both credible and incredulous posts on both.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Agree with those that would be disappointed to lose Galloway. Two other thoughts:

1) If I recall, MSU was recruiting Galloway pretty hard. Doesn't mean Fife would necessarily remain high in him, but I would be a little surprised if he were pushed out.

2) If Brooks did come, and if the staff were able to develop him into an NBA draft pick, that would be quite the recruiting boost: "We got a guy to the league that Calipari couldn't." Could definitely pay dividends down the road.