Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

Just now, Chris007 said:

I was hoping for Hunter or Race if we have to lose someone but hopefully I’m getting bad info. I’m not even a Brooks fan.

The couple of times I saw Brooks in high school I was not that impressed with his game.

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I was hoping for Hunter or Race if we have to lose someone but hopefully I’m getting bad info. I’m not even a Brooks fan.

Not many are, I’m not sure what there is to like. You don’t grow up in Indiana, have the whole state pushing for you to go to IU and choose our slimy rival only to ride the pine and then say “wait, I changed my mind”. Never going to be a fan.

I’ll take Galloway all day 

12 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Brooks is a good fit, to be sure. I will say, though...

Race Thompson, IU career: 6/28 on 3s
Keion Brooks Jr., this season: 6/28 on 3s.

Brooks was slightly better as a frosh, 5/19.

Guys expand their jumper, not saying this is destiny for either player. Just look at Brook Lopez’s career, or Kenny Goins at MSU.

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I watched a fair amount of UK games last season. Rooting for them to lose was a little ray of light in an otherwise sad season.

Let me tell you my thoughts on Keion Brooks:

He’s got a solid outside shooting form that’s not that far off. It can be a useful stroke. Waaay better looking than X Johnson or someone like Galloway. Kinda like Race-lousy results but looks like it could get there.

He’s a badass offensive rebounder.

He gets lost on the defensive end way way too much.

He’s an extremely unselfish player.

He plays with passion—an incredible motor.

He was the only kid on that suck @$$ team that attempted to lead—even when he was injured and the team was losing he was the only one that would meet the media. More than Calipari was willing to. He’s intelligent, classy, and personable.

Summary? He’d be an incredible get. If Woodson was our coach a few years ago he’d have already been a Hoosier, and a very popular one.

Well said and accurate. 

19 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

If Our staff pushes Trey out to get this kid I’m going to be pissed. He’s has a million opportunities to be a Hoosier and hasn’t and Trey has bled Cream and Crimson through and through.

seriously awful move if this happens

I'm sorta with you on this. Seems to me as if Brooks had plenty of chances to come aboard had he wanted. I'd be all Norman Dale and say, "My roster's complete" -- the 2021 version of "My team's on the floor." ... Galloway wanted to be here from the beginning, wanted to be here after Archie was fired and seemingly, still wants to be here. 

2 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Galloways mom was on FB just today saying Trey and Leal were in it for the long haul.

I hope that’s true. I like our roster how it is. If Woodson is half the coach people say he is this is a sweet16 caliber team and that is a great place to be in year one without being slimy and pushing loyal kids out.

I guess it’s possible they may feel that Trey’s shot is unfixable (don’t agree), but you need developmental players in your system who will become contributors and starters in later years or you’re stuck in the position of trying to replace your whole roster every couple years.

Are there even enough minutes that (barring some really terrible injury luck) we would need Trey to contribute. We seem very deep already.

Brooks is good if we do have to lose Trey though.

20 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I watched a fair amount of UK games last season. Rooting for them to lose was a little ray of light in an otherwise sad season.

Let me tell you my thoughts on Keion Brooks:

He’s got a solid outside shooting form that’s not that far off. It can be a useful stroke. Waaay better looking than X Johnson or someone like Galloway. Kinda like Race-lousy results but looks like it could get there.

He’s a badass offensive rebounder.

He gets lost on the defensive end way way too much.

He’s an extremely unselfish player.

He plays with passion—an incredible motor.

He was the only kid on that suck @$$ team that attempted to lead—even when he was injured and the team was losing he was the only one that would meet the media. More than Calipari was willing to. He’s intelligent, classy, and personable.

Summary? He’d be an incredible get. If Woodson was our coach a few years ago he’d have already been a Hoosier, and a very popular one.

Who would you give up.  If you don’t care to share feel free to PM

I’d hate to lose someone who wants to be a Hoosier like Trey. I’ll always like kids who choose to come here and don’t waver in their commitment.

With that said, we need talent infusions to compete at the level we want IU to play at. We haven’t had that in recent years. Talent wise, Keion is definitely an upgrade. Trey is a poor shooter. He was a 3 star recruit, #157 in his class. Not really the level of recruit we want to be bringing in. 

So, I’m conflicted. Might as well wait to see if it happens before deciding how I feel. 

I'm sorta with you on this. Seems to me as if Brooks had plenty of chances to come aboard had he wanted. I'd be all Norman Dale and say, "My roster's complete" -- the 2021 version of "My team's on the floor." ... Galloway wanted to be here from the beginning, wanted to be here after Archie was fire and seemingly, still wants to be here. 
I 100% agree. I say no(not that I have vote). It is too much like the Creaning under Crean and a lot of people complained about. I don't care if the guy he replaces if it happens is "leaving on his own". The optics are terrible.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

Who would you give up.  If you don’t care to share feel free to PM

I don’t mind sharing. I just don’t see how Race is game is going to translate to this offense. No way he’s going to be happy just backing up TJD. Just my opinion but I’m also happy with the roster now.