Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

13 minutes ago, cthomas said:

I don't see Brooks ending up at IU. We have a full roster and I don't think CMW is the kind of person who forces someone out after convincing them to stay. If he does, then I have misjudged him. Someone will have to seek another opportunity on their own for there to be a spot.

He wouldn't force someone out if he convinced that particular person to stay...but we don't know if he convinced everyone to stay...With new coaches coming and going players are advised to go elsewhere all the time. This is nothing new. 

Edited by Hoosier987

2 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

With new coaches coming and going players are advised to go elsewhere all the time. This is nothing new.

Doesn't seem like the 'family' atmosphere he has said he wants to create. I get that's the way it is most of the time. I just don't see that as something CMW can do and create the type of trust he is talking about. Just doesn't fit the narrative.

Maybe the roster is completely set...but how do we know the roster is completely set? How do we know CMW is recruiting "everyone" to stay? Listen, I don't have the slightest idea if Brooks is coming or going or entering the NBA draft....What I do know for sure is who is coming back to Indiana --based on player's social media post announcements-- which will make for an incredibly fun year....I'm also for advising someone to go elsewhere to play more minutes (if they weren't recruited to stay) if it means bettering the program. 

Edited by Hoosier987

15 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Maybe the roster is completely set...but how do we know the roster is completely set? How do we know CMW is recruiting "everyone" to stay? Listen, I don't have the slightest idea if Brooks is coming or going or entering the NBA draft....What I do know for sure is who is coming back to Indiana --based on player's social media post announcements-- which will make for an incredibly fun year....I'm also for advising someone to go elsewhere to play more minutes (if they weren't recruited to stay) if it means bettering the program. 

I'm not saying that someone won't choose to go somewhere else to find more playing time. What I was saying is that CMW can't recommend that to a kid who wants to be here and establish the kind of culture he said he would have. Wanting a family atmosphere and developing trust are not compatible with encouraging kids to leave. We can't have it both ways.

I don’t think anyone would be forced out. But I could see one of the guys at the end of the bench decide they’d rather play more minutes elsewhere. If that were to happen, I could see IU filling that spot. I don’t see them going into the fall with an unused scholarship. 

9 minutes ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

What if someone potentially redshirted? That would make keion available right? Just thinking aloud 

Nope, a redshirt player still counts towards your 13 scholarships

1 hour ago, Honkyman said:

Brooks had plenty of time to enter the transfer portal when IU had openings on their roster. If he does announce he is transferring, he waited until the IU roster was filled. That suggests he doesn't want to play for IU, that he is looking to play somewhere else.

And why would IU want him??  He's not shown anything remotely remarkable in his relatively limited playing time at KY.  He's completely average, IMO.  I simply don't see a need or a good fit.  

Edited by rayl456

Brooks has loads of talent but he is very undisciplined. My sense is that he would undermine potential team unity. In any event, it doesn't seem he would want to come to IU even if there was an opening and Woodson was interested in him.

I know Chris had hinted the Brooks camp had been sending out feelers (I believe it) but I’d still be a bit surprised if he ended up at IU. Osterman shared on Mind your Banners recently that KB soured on IU watching fans react to the 2018-19 losing streak. Obviously the mood is more positive now...and don’t shoot the messenger, I know just like you that UK fans are surely worse after a year like this.