Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

I hadn't really liked the one-time transfer rule when I first heard about it, but I think it's actually going to benefit us quite a bit. IU is a big-time basketball program. If Woodson can get things going again, we're going to be a very attractive destination for portal kids. Heck, he's already doing a great job with it. Sure we might lose some guys every year, but I think we will get more from the portal than we will lose. If you have an off recruiting year the portal provides a chance to make up for it. 

I’d love to have Kopp but based on what he has said about all 3 schools. I think he’s leaning Utah or Oregon st. It was the comment about the pac12. Can’t remember the exact words

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Boy was I wrong..hell yeah boys. Doesn’t it feel good to be excited for the upcoming season!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

45 minutes ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

Hot and Cold Pod is pretty legit

Someone needs to tell them that IU fans don’t need to listen because he’s talking about Brooks and we don’t want/need him. Plus just because he’s interested in IU doesn’t mean IU has interest or a spot for him. 

Not sure if already mentioned but with the new transfer rule, the college APR is going to need to be seriosly tweaked.

The APR is calculated as follows:

• Each student-athlete receiving athletically related financial aid earns one point for staying in school and one point for being academically eligible.
  • A team’s total points are divided by points possible and then multiplied by 1,000 to equal the team’s Academic Progress Rate.
  • In addition to a team’s current-year APR, its rolling four-year APR is also used to determine accountability.
  • Teams must earn a four-year average APR of 930 to compete in championships. 

So a team of 13 scholarship players with everyone staying academically eligible and 2 players transferring scores a 923.

If teams are recruiting well, I can easily see an average of 2 players per season leaving to get more PT. IU has had 1 at the moment, but there are at least 4 players I could see considering it within the next calendar year and that doesn't even account for TJD leaving for the NBA.

They should just count transfers in good academic standing as 1 of 1 instead of 1of 2 points. Transferring in good standing to another academic institution is not a failure, it's a player choice.

2 minutes ago, iu eyedoc said:

Not sure if already mentioned but with the new transfer rule, the college APR is going to need to be seriosly tweaked.

• Each student-athlete receiving athletically related financial aid earns one point for staying in school and one point for being academically eligible.
  • A team’s total points are divided by points possible and then multiplied by 1,000 to equal the team’s Academic Progress Rate.
  • In addition to a team’s current-year APR, its rolling four-year APR is also used to determine accountability.

So a team of 13 scholarship players with everyone staying academically eligible and 2 players transferring scores a 923.

If teams are recruiting well, I can easily see an average of 2 players per season leaving to get more PT. IU has had 1 at the moment, but there are at least 4 players I could see considering it within the next calendar year and that doesn't even account for TJD leaving for the NBA.

They should just count transfers in good academic standing as 1 of 1 instead of 1of 2 points. Transferring in good standing to another academic institution is not a failure, it's a player choice.

Where does it say that transfers don’t count as being in good academic standing?

10 minutes ago, iu eyedoc said:

It’s only 1 of 2 if they transfer in season, and in good academic standing.  Scholarships are renewed after the spring semester, before the 1st summer session every year.  So there can be a clean split from either side prior to that if the player is in good academic standing.