Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

35 minutes ago, ramadden13 said:

If what the coaches allegedly told Brunk about his role here is true, it doesn’t sound like they have much interest in playing two bigs unless one can shoot the ball really well.

I think it’s a very real possibility our lineup is 3 guards with Hunter at the 4 and TJD at the 5. Race 25 mins off the bench. 

16 minutes ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

This is blowing up...haven’t seen anything on Rafters lately, but there was some talk on Twitter last night

Was right about AF leaving completely, a week before he announced he was off to UVA. EDIT: Last Month

TJD said “We ain’t done.”

Not saying this is what’s happening, but something is going to happen with a 4/5.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

TJD said “We ain’t done.”

Not saying this is what’s happening, but This would be incredible proof. The best option  of all. 

I was debating on whether not post that guys tweet, but scrolling through his tweets seemed like he knew stuff

2 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Here some that stood out to me 

They are Kentucky fan accounts too, but I personally think nothing will happen. It’s up to your interpretation  

On the blowing up part, I probably just missed stated it

11 minutes ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

This is blowing up...haven’t seen anything on Rafters lately, but there was some talk on Twitter last night

Was right about AF leaving completely, a week before he announced he was off to UVA. EDIT: Last Month

Fans literally speaking this into existence would be the funniest thing. I want Keion to just do it for the hype at this point.

4 minutes ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

Meh, on April 7th he tweeted "you would think that Race and Armaan are gone, why else wait this long?"  So am doubting that on March 23rd he had information that he wasn't even sure of two weeks later.  Also never tweeted any predictions of the Xavier Johnson or Tamar Bates so I'm doubting any inside information.

IU has an offer for Miller Kopp and we're in his final three.  Keion Brooks has had over a month to join the portal if he wanted to.

Brooks has been tied to IU for quite some time now. He wanted the glitz, glamour and fast-path to the NBA at UK...didn't pan out. He could use a change of scenery as well, IMO. Personally, I'd welcome him with open arms. Fills out our roster almost perfectly.

8 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Imo, that’s what we need. Now we wait and see if they add Kopp. Swider would have been nice in this role.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Solely based on numbers.. Kopp has more than out performed Swider. 

I dont really see any way we need another 5, we have 2 guys that can play that position well and 6'10 240 on the way (guessing that will be his FR measurements). I would have been very happy with Swider, as well.  

The need was stretch 4. A player that can you cannot leave or help a ton off of. Kopp fits that.  Kopp can also guard other stretch 4s.

You're completely disregarding "fit". It matters sooooo much. Kopp, on paper, fits. 1 week ago I said we needed a Zeisloft and Hartman to round out this roster.  We got Bates and hopefully Kopp.. absolutely perfect imo. 

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I've never seen anything about Brooks even entering the portal so I'm not sure why he's even considered an "option."

+ 1

We only have one slot left and we seem to still be recruiting. We can't even talk to KB right now.

I think the TJD tweets are more just a general "coach is still recruiting" than "I know KB is coming".

I would have been excited if it had happened, but does not look good.

This is the final puzzle piece that they should be doing everything to pry away from the East coast.

He and TJD being able to guard the middle and, if TJD develops an outside shot with CMW,  interchangeably stepping out and hit a long 2 or 3, would be a floor spacing delight.

image.thumb.png.6c316b6ee27018b25eb2e8b0457e9850.png

These highlights are mouthwatering. But I must say against some summer rec ball level defensive efforts.

Strangley not a peep on what he is thinking since entering the portal over a month ago. I mean no where, no tweets, no articles. Whatever he is doing or thinking is on lockdown.