Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

7 hours ago, 68Hoosier said:

I don't understand the criticism of Galloway.  I loved his energy and what he brought to the team.  He is the kind of teammate I would want on my every day of the week.  I thought he was one of the brightest spots on the team last year.

I’m a huge Galloway fan but he has to improve his stroke, it is so broken. Amazing he is a coaches son and that was never corrected. 

Couple of things I want to point out:

1) Lot of Zeisloft disrespect around here. He has spent time in the G-League and has done well overseas. I know he didn't score much here but offense was never an issue on that team. 

2) Regarding Mangas, a former professor of his stated he didn't think the big stage and bright lights of Bloomington would fit his personality. Doesn't mean anything for certain obviously but it's noteworthy from someone who knows him personally.

Bryson Williams (UTEP) enters the portal.  6'8" power forward.  Four year starter (two at Fresno State, two at UTEP) who has scored over 1,600 career points.  After being a strictly inside player at Fresno State, has somewhat developed at outside game (has made 50 of 155 (32%) the past two years).  Averaged 15.1 points and 7.4 rebounds last year after averaging 17.8 and 7.2 the year before.

52 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

So much excitement the last few weeks with coaches and players staying, I need something to calm my addiction! Ready for coaching staff to get us a stud!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Agree, keep looking but all I’m seeing are these non portal comments. Seeing commitments, want to see some IU

1 hour ago, brumdog45 said:

Bryson Williams (UTEP) enters the portal.  6'8" power forward.  Four year starter (two at Fresno State, two at UTEP) who has scored over 1,600 career points.  After being a strictly inside player at Fresno State, has somewhat developed at outside game (has made 50 of 155 (32%) the past two years).  Averaged 15.1 points and 7.4 rebounds last year after averaging 17.8 and 7.2 the year before.

I am hoping that they get a player with at least 2 yrs eligibility left, unless it is some athletic 6'7"+ lights out shooting stud, of which, I don't see in the portal, currently.

1 hour ago, iu eyedoc said:

I am hoping that they get a player with at least 2 yrs eligibility left, unless it is some athletic 6'7"+ lights out shooting stud, of which, I don't see in the portal, currently.

I think we are starting to get to the point where the portal consists mostly (not totally) of guys who would come in and serve a role but not be looked on to be huge difference makers.  I think right now the best names that have been associated with Indiana are Miller Kopp and DeVion Harmon, but we know a lot of high profile teams have contacted Harmon.  Kopp might be the best fit -- he probably fits the profile of combo forward that Woodson was talking about.  Still might leave us a little short handed down low, though, with Brunk's departure.