Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

1 minute ago, Artie86 said:

I love it. That’s what happen before the 87’ season started.... tour the world, reflect, refuel, come home and win it all..!!!!

Let do it! Lol

That trip was 2 years before the championship season

I love it. That’s what happen before the 87’ season started.... tour the world, reflect, refuel, come home and win it all..!!!!
Let do it! Lol
I want something where they can build a team, not sure if COVID will play a role, especially in other countries but assume the team will be vaccinated by then

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, MemphisHoosier said:

Spitballing here, but I wonder if the squad would get sent to DC to play Ewing's Georgetown team - lots of fun television storylines b/w two former players, current coaches who are rebuilding historically elite programs..who am I kidding...'Nova here we come!  

Living 40 miles outside DC sign me up. I’m there.

Texas Tech' freshman power forward Tyreek Smith in the portal.  #144 2020 recruit.  6'7", 220, so a shorter power forward but does seem to have some potential to shoot the three.  Limited playing time last year but was in their rotation and played in all 29 games;  9 mpg, 2 1/2 pts, 2 1/2 reb, shot 60% from the field and did hit 3 of 8 from deep.

17 minutes ago, jbeaman9 said:

Supposedly IU has reached out to this kid according to some on HSN.

No idea if he is B1G quality or not, but dude is a baller! Takes it to the rack, hoists 3's with no conscience. A lot of fun to watch! 

17 minutes ago, jbeaman9 said:

Supposedly IU has reached out to this kid according to some on HSN.

Uhh, watching those highlights (Yes, I understand they are just highlights), really surprised he never got any attention and stayed NAIA for 4 years. Averaged 25.5 pts. over his career, athletic, can handle the ball...and SHOOT!

He would be a 1 and done per the free COVID year, correct?

8 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

No idea if he is B1G quality or not, but dude is a baller! Takes it to the rack, hoists 3's with no conscience. A lot of fun to watch! 

One of the more entertaining highlight films I have watched recently. Seems to be able to score at all 3 levels and handle/pass the ball.

9 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

Uhh, watching those highlights (Yes, I understand they are just highlights), really surprised he never got any attention and stayed NAIA for 4 years. Averaged 25.5 pts. over his career, athletic, can handle the ball...and SHOOT!

He would be a 1 and done per the free COVID year, correct?

Correct, basically a grad transfer.

For me the biggest hurdle with Mangas would be that he's already played four years of NAIA ball. I just read the NAIA to NCAA transfer guidelines, and it seems that like any other transfer who has already played four years, he would only have one year of eligibility at IU.

Do we really want to invest in a player who is moving up to D1 for the first time and only has one year of eligibility?