Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Former Texas commit and a Top-50 senior Tamar Bates (6'4" SG), tells @Stockrisers that the following programs are involved in his recruitment since his release: Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Indiana, Marquette, Oregon, Illinois, Mizzou, and Purdue. Very skilled shooting guard.

Rivals

https://www.si.com/college/washington/recruiting/national-recruit-tamar-bates-has-rush-of-new-suitors-including-uw

!!! I wanted him as soon as he was released from his commitment to Texas. Great size at the 2 and a really good outside shot. Also a good perimeter defender. We could play him without him being a complete defensive liability.

Iowa State G Jalen Coleman-Lands (RS SR) has entered the transfer portal.

Followed by this from Tony Adragna - Was high school teammates with Collin Hartman if you’re trying to get an idea of how long Coleman-Lands has been playing college hoops.  40% 3PFG shooter last season.  Would imagine Woodson takes a look.

Way too early to tell if we'll pick up anyone else in the portal. The top players don't have to be in a rush.

Regardless, I'd say Woodson and team have had a very productive two weeks or however long it's been. Retained key players, retained commitments, hired assistants, picked up Johnson, etc.. And that's on top being a coach, still looking for a 3rd assistant, etc.

To add, while I'd love to grab a stud from the portal, I'm very happy with the core we have. Parker, Johnson, and TJD are starters IMO. That leaves two spots open for internal competition or external upgrade. If you believe in Lander/Phin at the 1, then only one spot (plus depth).

And I'd love to see Woodson take a late swing at 2021 guys still available like Patrick Baldwin Jr or even Chet Holmgren. Last I read, Duke was out for Baldwin, and he's kind of reopened things. 

2 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Followed by this from Tony Adragna - Was high school teammates with Collin Hartman if you’re trying to get an idea of how long Coleman-Lands has been playing college hoops.  40% 3PFG shooter last season.  Would imagine Woodson takes a look.

Just read this, had to do a double take when it said he was transferring for his 7th season lol

9 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

44% 3 pt shooter and one of the top defenders in the class. I think he'd be a perfect fit and would replace Armaan in the starting lineup. I think he could be better than any of the possible transfers we're looking at.  

5 minutes ago, ramadden13 said:

!!! I wanted him as soon as he was released from his commitment to Texas. Great size at the 2 and a really good outside shot. Also a good perimeter defender. We could play him without him being a complete defensive liability.

Missouri would have to be the favorite--OK State with hopes of replacing Cunnigham, or IU also have a real chance.

Excellent player, great family.

5 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Watched a game of his when Montverde played IMG on ESPN. Knew nothing about him. He was the best player on the floor for IMG. Played with great energy and really got IMG going after they got off to a slow start. Has a very modern game. Everything was a 3 or a drive. No midrange game at all. Was fearless. Took the ball right at Jalen Duren, who imo is the best player in the country. Really competed. Would be thrilled to have him.

3 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

He'll be at his 4th university. I think he has issues.

Just now, Demo said:

Watched a game of his when Montverde played IMG on ESPN. Knew nothing about him. He was the best player on the floor for IMG. Played with great energy and really got IMG going after they got off to a slow start. Has a very modern game. Everything was a 3 or a drive. No midrange game at all. Was fearless. Took the ball right at Jalen Duren, who imo is the best player in the country. Really competed. Would be thrilled to have him.

The best player on the floor for IMG is no small thing!

6 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

He's played for more teams than Larry Brown has coached.

14 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

The best player on the floor for IMG is no small thing!

Yeah, watched the game for Duren vs Moussa Diabate. Diabate wanted no part of that kid. Shocked me. But Bates went right at him 3 or 4 times. Really liked the kid’s competitive spirit. It jumped right off the screen. 
side note: Jalen Duren. That kid. Yeah. Haven’t seen 1 like him in a while.

Hard pass IMO. He has transferred twice already

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

48 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Thanks though I hate when writers state things like “Woodson may have found his ideal ...” as that gets me thinking we legit close to getting someone.  He would be a huge get but the article gives no clue really as to which programs he is interested in.