Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

I must be in the minority and that is fine. But I do not want anymore slow, plodding post players. Is it good that some of them can shoot? of course.

But when it comes down to the way the game is played today, no thank you. Get more athletic, dynamic in the middle (like TJD types) and surround them with shooters who can defend MULTIPLE positions. 

1 hour ago, Artie86 said:

Some guy on Rupps Rafters just posted a tweet that said.....

v4KexU5i_normal.jpg

If/when there’s a Friday news dump let’s just all remain calm. It may not be the best news day.

Some seem to think its about Keion to IU or that he is officially going to the portal.

Maybe TJD is making some headway with his buddy.

5 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

I know he said he's going pro but I would contact Nate Reuvers if I was on the IU staff and he if Woodson could give him the development for professional basketball talk. 

Is this Alex Bozich’s account on Btown Banners?  Lol. He loves him some Nate Reuters. 

I know we are talking about portal transfers, but we are getting kind of top heavy and PT is getting thin.  Any value in looking at high schoolers and building for the future.  Only 1 incoming can't be good (thanks Archie, you asshat).  

Just now, Feathery said:

Is this Alex Bozich’s account on Btown Banners?  Lol. He loves him some Nate Reuters. 

No and he's not my first choice but IU does need to have some size and Brunk isn't a guarantee. Reuvers has shown some ability to shoot so with the right coach and system he might be able to develop an even better jumper. 

3 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

I know we are talking about portal transfers, but we are getting kind of top heavy and PT is getting thin.  Any value in looking at high schoolers and building for the future.  Only 1 incoming can't be good (thanks Archie, you asshat).  

Not many available at this point and the ones that are it's way to late to jump in on unless there is a decommit with a school having a coaching change. 

4 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

+1

Not a bad idea, there are plenty of top 150 players still unsigned. Given the backlog created by the extra year, it might be a good moment to buy low. 

1 hour ago, IUc2016 said:

I don't want this team to take another post player in this era. And with our depth the only player we could take is a project. 

Wait until next year and get someone proven when we have way more minutes to offer. 

No kidding, I thought i was the biggest cheerleader for post depth on this board (maybe Aloha a close 2nd) and I am Fine with three (3!) Centers (TJD, Brunk, Duncomb.) Obviously if Brunk isn't healthy or the plan is to move Trayce to the 4 that changes things, but with this brave new world of college free agency I wouldn't pack your roster for down the road too much. Sure IU will likely lose 3 bigs next year (Race, TJD & Brunk) so what? Just go take a couple of seasoned guys from the Sun Belt or wherever. 

If Woodson wants to add some length on the wing, a few names in the portal that I don't think have been mentioned yet would be: Timmy Allen (Utah), Matt Bradley (UC-Berkeley), and Micah Peavy (Texas Tech). No idea if IU has any connections to any of the three, but they would all upgrade the roster IMO.

1 minute ago, IU Prof said:

If Woodson wants to add some length on the wing, a few names in the portal that I don't think have been mentioned yet would be: Timmy Allen (Utah), Matt Bradley (UC-Berkeley), and Micah Peavy (Texas Tech). No idea if IU has any connections to any of the three, but they would all upgrade the roster IMO.

I like Bradley a lot, he was mentioned last night. Zach Nutall is another that is a shooter

17 minutes ago, Southside said:

Maybe TJD is making some headway with his buddy.

Hope not, I don't want Brooks. He doesn't fill a need as I see it and I think he (&/or his family) are drama queens. I want him to leave UK to create more chaos and sadness for the in-bred, big-blew bunch, but hope he goes to Louisville or anywhere besides IU.