Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

1 minute ago, lillurk said:

Chronic took some criticism on Twitter last night for suggesting we need post depth but I think his point was about the future beyond next year.

In a “normal” year it’d be an ideal spot to take a sit out transfer. Might make sense to grab someone else’s decommited HSer from a coaching change or a more “project” guy who would know he had a shot at minutes in 2022-23 and beyond.

I don't want this team to take another post player in this era. And with our depth the only player we could take is a project. 

Wait until next year and get someone proven when we have way more minutes to offer. 

3 minutes ago, ray said:

No offense to Nickelberry as a person or player (I know nothing about him), but his stats don't indicate he would be of much help at Indiana.  Unless I'm missing something, I hope Woodson doesn't sign another guard (unless he shot better than 22% from three last year and 21% from two).  Indiana doesn't need anymore of that.

Just a quick search said he had lots of injuries and illness in his first two seasons. I'm guessing the illness was COVID this season. So maybe he was never right at UL

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Just a quick search said he had lots of injuries and illness in his first two seasons. I'm guessing the illness was COVID this season. So maybe he was never right at UL

Possibly, but it doesn't read much better in his HS scouting report.I don't think he will ever be a shooter.

Fine size (6’4”), average length and impressive vertical leaping ability. He built his calling card early in his career as an athletic scorer. Has good shot mechanics and there’s potential as a shooter, although his percentages don’t reflect that. An OK ball handler, but more of a straight-line driver at this stage. Potential as a defender, as he does possess fine quickness/speed. Long-term areas for improvement include consistency as a shooter, ability to break defenders down off the dribble and efficiency.

1 minute ago, iu eyedoc said:

Is that any different than Brunk? And Race is pretty challenged, I say generously, by an athletic 4.

A stretch 5 will always find minutes on the floor.

No it isn't any different than Brunk or Race or Trayce. Which is why we don't need him.

And you are forgetting, we have those guys so WHY would HE come here? He can literally go anywhere. 

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I would trust Kenya on this one. I'm almost positive he has to be the one that reached out to Nickelberry. Who knows what level of interest IU has anyway. 

3 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

No it isn't any different than Brunk or Race or Trayce. Which is why we don't need him.

And you are forgetting, we have those guys so WHY would HE come here? He can literally go anywhere. 

Not sure how you don't understand the value of a 6'9" 240# that can shoot 37.5% from 3 and can put it on the floor. Not 1 IU player can do that. He starts 7 days a week over everyone but TJD.

Being able to go:

TJD, TM, JH ,XJ, PS

or

TJD, TM, XJ, PS, LEAL/KL/TG.

Those are lineups hard to guard.

2 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

I don't want this team to take another post player in this era. And with our depth the only player we could take is a project. 

Wait until next year and get someone proven when we have way more minutes to offer. 

I can see the argument to take a G/W or one of each and get an instant-impact FR or grad TR big next year. My hunch is Woody will be happy to have skilled offensive bigs, BUT could build a good team with a Tyson Chandleresque d, screens, dunks, and boards guy in the middle.

But I think it’s a “bird in the hand” thing. If there’s a player who helps you after next year, go get him. Duncomb, Geronimo, that guy aren’t necessarily taking you out of the market for someone else next year (though I like those two lots).

That still leaves you one spot for an off ball perimeter player

Woody and co. deserve lots of credit for this offseason. I also think it shows IU can be players on the TR market and may  benefit if an ongoing one-time free transfer rule is approved.

(There’s probably a similar argument that IU would benefit from an NIL rule.)

4 minutes ago, iu eyedoc said:

Not sure how you don't understand the value of a 6'9" 240# that can shoot 37.5% from 3 and can put it on the floor. Not 1 IU player can do that. He starts 7 days a week over everyone but TJD.

Being able to go:

TJD, TM, JH ,XJ, PS

or

TJD, TM, XJ, PS, LEAL/KL/TG.

Those are lineups hard to guard.

Yes that is true but... HE'S NOT COMING TO INDIANA UNIVERSITY. THERE HAS BEEN ZERO CONNECTION BETWEEN THE TWO SINCE HE ENTERED THE PORTAL!

1 minute ago, ap2345 said:

Yes that is true but... HE'S NOT COMING TO INDIANA UNIVERSITY. THERE HAS BEEN ZERO CONNECTION BETWEEN THE TWO SINCE HE ENTERED THE PORTAL!

Yet people talk about Brooks coming though he hasn't even entered the portal. It's a fan message board, get over it.

Yet people talk about Brooks coming though he hasn't even entered the portal. It's a fan message board, get over it.

I agree but speculating on guys that haven't been connected at all is kind of pointless. With Brooks there is something going on I just don't know what so I'm not getting excited because he already played IU once. Even the UK people are starting to think he's leaving. 

+1 

We have grown accustomed to big news happening every other day. At this stage, we may hire an assistant and may get one or two more transfers. The season does not start for 6 months... we need to start making things up :)!

3 minutes ago, Evariste Galois said:

+1 

We have grown accustomed to big news happening every other day. At this stage, we may hire an assistant and may get one or two more transfers. The season does not start for 6 months... we need to start making things up :)!

I think CMW has decided on only allowing 1 positive  IUBB news item to be released every 2-3 days at this point to keep us engaged. He's workin' even when you don't see it.

Just now, iu eyedoc said:

I think CMW has decided on only allowing 1 positive  IUBB news item to be released every 2-3 days at this point to keep us engaged. He's workin' even when you don't see it.

This seems like it has been an organized plan all along, doesn’t it?  Each player gets their turn at some shine.   I wonder if it was a coincidence or if they actually discussed this.  

So what news drops today?

4 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

This seems like it has been an organized plan all along, doesn’t it?  Each player gets their turn at some shine.   I wonder if it was a coincidence or if they actually discussed this.  

So what news drops today?

Either the assistant coach or Brooks? Both can happen since Lander and Jordan was announced on the same day, along with Dane

51 minutes ago, Artie86 said:

Some guy on Rupps Rafters just posted a tweet that said.....

v4KexU5i_normal.jpg

If/when there’s a Friday news dump let’s just all remain calm. It may not be the best news day.

Some seem to think its about Keion to IU or that he is officially going to the portal.

Blueblood22