Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

9 minutes ago, ib4iu said:

I’d just be shocked if he was willing to go somewhere and not be a starter. 

Why would you assume he wouldn't start next to XJ?

X Johnson

N Locke

P Stewart

J Hunter

TJD

Sounds like a great starting 5 with some real ability to knock it down to me.

1 minute ago, IUc2016 said:

I would be BEYOND shocked if Tre Mitchell came to Indiana. We have TJD, Race, Brunk, and Duncomb. No way he wants to come and fight all those guys for minutes, and who would blame him. 

None of them shot 37% from 3 last year.  LD is a freshman and Brunk has back issues that could still limit him

Just now, Chris007 said:

I'm starting to get the feeling that Brooks is just messing with us again. Either get in the portal or be quiet and stay at UK

I know it won’t happen but if we want an Indiana kid to come home I’d prefer Easley. Maybe doesn’t have the ceiling of Brooks but also has a higher floor than Brooks IMO

Just now, IUc2016 said:

I would be BEYOND shocked if Tre Mitchell came to Indiana. We have TJD, Race, Brunk, and Duncomb. No way he wants to come and fight all those guys for minutes, and who would blame him. 

If we are wanting to stretch the floor (instead of the two men on the block that we have all been used to seeing around here) then I think Mitchell comes in and could probably start. If not start, then be a huge contributor. Seems like a perfect fit in a system Woody described. 

I love Race, but Tre seems to be a better outside shooter. 

1 minute ago, iu eyedoc said:

Why would you assume he wouldn't start next to XJ?

X Johnson

N Locke

P Stewart

J Hunter

TJD

Sounds like a great starting 5 to me.

Just didn’t get the vibe from CMW that he’d want that small of a backcourt. It’s far from guaranteed that he’d be a starter IMO

Tre Mitchell guards the same players that TJD, Race, and Brunk guard. It isn't about his three point ability. It is who he can guard. 

Baylor and Gonzaga started 1 post player and 4 wings. IU needs to get away from 2 post players, which wouldn't be the case if Tre Mitchell came here. He doesn't fit what we need and we don't fit what he needs. 

4 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

None of them shot 37% from 3 last year.  LD is a freshman and Brunk has back issues that could still limit him

Exactly. He is a totally different weapon.He has shot 152 3's in 2 seasons. Brunk,Thompson and TJD 33 combined in 9 total seasons.

Some guy on Rupps Rafters just posted a tweet that said.....

v4KexU5i_normal.jpg

If/when there’s a Friday news dump let’s just all remain calm. It may not be the best news day.

Some seem to think its about Keion to IU or that he is officially going to the portal.

Transfer portal players that IU has had reported contact with. 

Xavier Johnson - Committed to IU

Noah Gurley - Cut IU from his list

Jalen Cone - Committed to Northern Arizona

Wendell Green Jr - Unlikely since Johnson committed

Josh Nickelberry -

I think everyone else is speculation at this point. It's possible I missed one or two. 

Just now, iu eyedoc said:

Exactly. He is a totally different weapon.He has shot 152 3's in 2 seasons. Brunk,Thompson and TJD 33 combined in 9 total seasons.

He cannot guard anyone but 5's. 

6 minutes ago, ib4iu said:

Just didn’t get the vibe from CMW that he’d want that small of a backcourt. It’s far from guaranteed that he’d be a starter IMO

I definitely think he wants bigger guards, but since he can't crap out a couple for next season, you get the best players available and start to recruit your vision.

2 minutes ago, Cd71 said:
T.J. Walker (@TJWalkerRadio) Tweeted:
If/when there’s a Friday news dump let’s just all remain calm. It may not be the best news day.

https://twitter.com/TJWalkerRadio/status/1380515272646352900?s=20

Kentucky expecting bad news today maybe?  Brooks maybe?

Interesting. Any UK fan I know goes "you guys can have him" in regards to Keion. Probably said the same thing about Juzang lol. 

No offense to Nickelberry as a person or player (I know nothing about him), but his stats don't indicate he would be of much help at Indiana.  Unless I'm missing something, I hope Woodson doesn't sign another guard (unless he shot better than 22% from three last year and 21% from two).  Indiana doesn't need anymore of that.

16 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Chronic took some criticism on Twitter last night for suggesting we need post depth but I think his point was about the future beyond next year.

In a “normal” year it’d be an ideal spot to take a sit out transfer. Might make sense to grab someone else’s decommited HSer from a coaching change or a more “project” guy who would know he had a shot at minutes in 2022-23 and beyond.