Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

How many guys are even in the portal that would start.  Assuming they aren’t a point or center 

I'd take

WALKER KESSLER, C, NORTH CAROLINA

TIMMY ALLEN, SF, UTAH

TRE MITCHELL, F, UMASS

CHRISTIAN BISHOP, F, CREIGHTON

STANLEY UMUDE, F, SOUTH DAKOTA

LIAM ROBBINS, C, MINNESOTA

8 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

How many guys are even in the portal that would start.  Assuming they aren’t a point or center 

There are several out there with new names still entering daily.

12 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

I don’t think there will be any bigs added. The last roster spots will likely be wings/shooters.

IDK. We're pretty thin in terms of bigs. Brunk, TJD, Race, and Duncomb. We don't even know if Brunk will be back, and if he is, can he stay healthy. Total wildcard. Not sure how much we can count on Duncomb year 1.

So as far as 4 and 5, you're left with 2 guys you can depend on. TJD and Race. And it sounds like Woodson might like TJD to be more of a 4. 

I do agree it would be nice to pick up wing/shooter. 

8 minutes ago, Southside said:

IDK. We're pretty thin in terms of bigs. Brunk, TJD, Race, and Duncomb. We don't even know if Brunk will be back, and if he is, can he stay healthy. Total wildcard. Not sure how much we can count on Duncomb year 1.

So as far as 4 and 5, you're left with 2 guys you can depend on. TJD and Race. And it sounds like Woodson might like TJD to be more of a 4. 

I do agree it would be nice to pick up wing/shooter. 

Think you will see Hunter and Geronimo at some 4.  With Race back I don’t think we are that thin in terms of bigs.

1 minute ago, brumdog45 said:

Think you will see Hunter and Geronimo at some 4.  With Race back I don’t think we are that thin in terms of bigs.

Hunter and Geronimo at 4 is OK situationally against some teams, but I'd prefer some additional prototypical bigs. 

Our roster is overloaded with tweeners IMO. Give me a roster like Baylor. They have 6 guys at 6-8 or more.4 of those 6 are 6-9 or more. They use two of those guys as flex G/Fs.

1 hour ago, TucsonHoosier said:

A big and another shooter would be ideal.

Robbins would be my priorities 1-5. He’s a big that can shoot. Could be on the floor with any other big. 

8 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Illinois Loyalty had a few posts saying Indiana was on Miller.  Don't know their sources but it was brought up there.  Was back on Tuesday I believe on their transfer thread.

1 hour ago, Cd71 said:

Illinois Loyalty had a few posts saying Indiana was on Miller.  Don't know their sources but it was brought up there.  Was back on Tuesday I believe on their transfer thread.

I will be very surprised. I don’t think he wants to share playing time and we are pretty deep at PG.

15 minutes ago, yogisballin said:

Need another guard that can shoot imo. Cant have enough

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Dream scenario:

Tre Mitchell at 6'9" 240. He is a TJD clone physically with added 3 pt threat.

Noah Locke another deadly outside shooter.

Apologies if I missed it, but is Adam Miller considered an option? Could see XJ, Miller, and Stewart thriving similarly to how Illinois' guards did last year. Is it unlikely just because he's at an in-conference rival or are there other reasons?

Just now, FightFor6 said:

Apologies if I missed it, but is Adam Miller considered an option? Could see XJ, Miller, and Stewart thriving similarly to how Illinois' guards did last year. Is it unlikely just because he's at an in-conference rival or are there other reasons?

No, he wants to be a point guard and his family is considered to be crazy.