Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

Just now, lillurk said:

A lot of IU’s next target probably depends on 1) do they think Thompson can shoot well enough from 3 (~34% or better?) to play the bulk of the minutes at 4, and 2) can Hunter handle and defend well enough to do the same at the 3?

He was considered a bit of a shooter in high school. Like most of our team Archie killed that 

52 minutes ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

Some of the names from 247
SG 

Noah Locke 

Daryll Morsell 

PG 

Adam Miller 

Marcus Carr

I doubt Miller is an option with him wanting to run point and us having 3 point guards on the current roster.  Carr isn't coming to Btown, ditto for Morsell.  I have no idea about Locke but highly doubt he becomes a Hoosier either.

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

He was considered a bit of a shooter in high school. Like most of our team Archie killed that 

Remember seeing video and he looked confident.  That disappeared over his time here.  His shot doesn't look bad, so hopefully he can regain his former form.

Just now, Southside said:

Is Stewart a little slight, I think I like him staying in the 1-2 range.

To me, on this squad, he’s ideally a 2 with more handle than you have to have there. I’d hope X/KL/RP would handle most of the minutes at the 1.

Stewart would probably do fine there if need be. As far as the 3, yeah, probably a little slight. I think you can get away with a 6’5” guy there against most teams for a good # of minutes

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

1 minute ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Remember seeing video and he looked confident.  That disappeared over his time here.  His shot doesn't look bad, so hopefully he can regain his former form.

Yeah I tend to think Race can shoot better than we’ve seen.

A name that intrigued me in the portal is Jalen Pickett from Siena. No idea if IU has any connections there but looks like someone who could help.

6'4/202 lbs, 12.9pts/6.3rbds/4.8ass, 36% from 3, 75% from free throw only played 14 games

in 2019-2020: 15.1pts/4.6rbds/6ass, 37% from 3, 70% free throw in 29 games

Just my opinion.....but the best pure shooter in the portal is Cameron Tyson (Houston).  Was at Idaho as a freshman and in 25 minutes per game took over 7 threes per game, shooting 43%.  Last year at Houston, in 10 minutes per game took 4 1/2 threes per game, making 41%.  More of an instant offense off the bench kind of player.

That said, we might be better just coaching up what we have.  Stewart and Hunter are shooters and we have otherguys to work on.

14 minutes ago, lillurk said:

To me, on this squad, he’s ideally a 2 with more handle than you have to have there. I’d hope X/KL/RP would handle most of the minutes at the 1.

Stewart would probably do fine there if need be. As far as the 3, yeah, probably a little slight. I think you can get away with a 6’5” guy there against most teams for a good # of minutes

Right now I don't what to think lol. I guess I need to learn more about Woodson's O. All the highlights I've seen on Stewart seemed to be mostly at the 2 and some at the 1. Just hard for me to envision him as a primary 3 in the Big 10 right now. If he can manage the 3 with his handle, that would be awesome.

It's going to be interesting to see how things shake out.

12 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

No, he’s over 200 lbs

I'm just going off of his film from the 2019-2020 season and in general, prototypical SF size. 6-5 / 200 is still on the very low end for 3.

7 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

"I presume there will be a mystery guy, and I presume he will be in the starting lineup"

-Dustin Dopirak just now on Assembly Call 

How many guys are even in the portal that would start.  Assuming they aren’t a point or center 

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

How many guys are even in the portal that would start.  Assuming they aren’t a point or center 

Brooks, Bradley, maybe Locke, Robbins, maybe Kopp, Morsell. Those are just some of many many good ones.