Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

6 minutes ago, cthomas said:

Phase one is building the roster. Phase two is developing that roster in the summer and fall. Phase three is putting a product on the floor that no one saw coming. I think we are right on schedule. If this turns out the way I think it might, a lot of people are going to look stupid.

Mostly Goodman :)!

Cameron Tyson enters the portal.  Played his freshman year at Idaho where he averaged 13 ppg before playing his sophomore year at Houston where he averaged 6.2 points in just 10 minutes per game.  Can be an elite level shooter though seems to lack in other areas.  In 51 career games, he's made 141 of 333 from three (42%).

Sorry ahead of time, because I knows it been mentioned, but can’t remember where.

How many scholarships do we have left? I know race and armaans, but does Brunk count? Do we have 2 or 3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, cleeter said:

Sorry ahead of time, because I knows it been mentioned, but can’t remember where.

How many scholarships do we have left? I know race and armaans, but does Brunk count? Do we have 2 or 3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IU was sitting at 11 for the 21-22 season. That includes Race and Armaan. Brunk will not count towards the 13. Add XJ and Indiana is now at 12, so still one slot left even if RT and AF come back.

Edited by WI Hoosier

51 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

I don’t know why he’d say it again after someone committed if there wasn’t more going on.

Still 3 unused scholarships (1 if Franklin and Thompson return), 1 open (or unannounced) assistant coaching position, and 1 open DOBO position. So there is more going on.

Does anyone know if they'll hire a Director of Player Development? Last one I remember IU having was Elston and he left a couple of years ago.

I don’t think it’s ever going to happen but if Race does want to go closer to home I’d be perfectly fine with a Robbins for Race swap. Frankly I’d love to have Robbins anyway. He could stretch the floor as a big. Allow TJD to play down low. When Joey comes in allows TJD to move out. Would also allow for Hunter, Geronimo, etc to play the 3 and have a much taller lineup. 

Edited by ib4iu

Coup d'etat that would set up this team for an unbelievable season would be 6'9" Tre Mitchell from UMass.
Checks all the boxes for me and as a So. would be a great go to guy when TJD leaves for the NBA.

Pipe dream I know....

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using BtownBanners mobile app

Saw over 75 D1 programs have reached out. Have no idea where we stand but agreed, it would be a huge get.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, Schreckbagger said:

Coup d'etat that would set up this team for an unbelievable season would be 6'9" Tre Mitchell from UMass.
Checks all the boxes for me and as a So. would be a great go to guy when TJD leaves for the NBA.

Pipe dream I know....

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using BtownBanners mobile app

Any idea if we’ve been in contact with Mitchell?  From the games I watched UMass I thought he wasn’t even that far off from being as good as TJD. He’d immediately be our second best player. 

Just now, Bowhunter said:

I don’t see Brooks coming to IU. His dad obviously doesn’t want that either. I say it’s bs.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

No his dad wants what’s going to get his son to the NBA. He was clearly right that Archie wasn’t the guy for that.  But clearly Cal ain’t getting it done either 

5 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

No his dad wants what’s going to get his son to the NBA. He was clearly right that Archie wasn’t the guy for that.  But clearly Cal ain’t getting it done either 

About to say that, pretty much Mr. Brooks wanted Keion to be a OAD, but from the looks of it....it hasn’t gone well

7 hours ago, Bowhunter said:

Still no reason to believe he comes here.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

TJD is one of his best friends, Woody has a relationship with Brooks Sr, and I'm sure Dane has a relationship of some sort with him since MSU recruited him and he was at several of Jr's games in high school. If he leaves UK that would be a few reasons IU would be in the mix right away.