Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

Brooks.....maybe not a stretch 4, but a versatile SF/PF....

Ducks and leaves.

Admit to preferring Swider above all.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Brooks isn't in the portal correct? Or did I miss it? I know someone shared a rumor from 1 person saying he was entering the portal, but haven't seen anything yet

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, e1999doubleglock said:

Does anyone actually think Brooks will go from UK to IU? That would take a massive set of cajones. Hope it happens but I'd give it a 1% chance...

It has been established from the beginning that Keion’s dad had the biggest impact on him choosing UK over IU. Keion Brooks Sr. had his son thinking OAD and money first. IMHO, if Keion would have listened to his heart and just the love of the game, he would have picked IU. 
It was quit obvious, immediately after his announcement,....the first two sentence out of his mouth said it all. 

He said.....

"Coach Cal (John Calipari), it just comes down to him. He has been able to, you know, what he has been able to do is what I want to do: Be a one-and-done and make millions of dollars playing the game of basketball. Who wouldn’t want to do that, playing the game that I love and making money for it?” Brooks told Rivals.com.

Maybe a player like Keion would be better off under a NBA coach like Coach Woodson, who’s known for helping develop top players in the league. Looking back, ....not sure how much Archie would have been able to help Keion get to the next level.

1 hour ago, Artie86 said:

It has been established from the beginning that Keion’s dad had the biggest impact on him choosing UK over IU. Keion Brooks Sr. had his son thinking OAD and money first. IMHO, if Keion would have listened to his heart and just the love of the game, he would have picked IU. 
It was quit obvious, immediately after his announcement,....the first two sentence out of his mouth said it all. 

He said.....

"Coach Cal (John Calipari), it just comes down to him. He has been able to, you know, what he has been able to do is what I want to do: Be a one-and-done and make millions of dollars playing the game of basketball. Who wouldn’t want to do that, playing the game that I love and making money for it?” Brooks told Rivals.com.

Maybe a player like Keion would be better off under a NBA coach like Coach Woodson, who’s known for helping develop top players in the league. Looking back, ....not sure how much Archie would have been able to help Keion get to the next level.

Sounds like on the Jim Coyle radio show this morning, they're talking about the Keion rumor to IU. Keion Sr and Woody have a history and know each other. 

7 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Sounds like on the Jim Coyle radio show this morning, they're talking about the Keion rumor to IU. Keion Sr and Woody have a history and know each other. 

Unless he actually enters the portal so that we can contact him, I do not put a lot of hope into this.

If Keion was interested in coming to IU, he would need to open himself to contacting so he can find out if we reciprocate.

Edit: it is not like the coaching search... there can be serious repercussions for back-end contacting.

1 minute ago, Evariste Galois said:

Unless he actually enters the portal so that we can contact him, I do not put a lot of hope into this.

If Keion was interested in coming to IU, he would need to open himself to contacting so he can find out if we reciprocate.

Back channel conversations go on all the time. 

9 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Keion to IU would be awesome. I just won't have as high of expectations as I did when he first started at UK. 

If the Keion potential transfer rumor is true I’m sure shortly after today it’ll come to fruition if true assuming one or two current guys potentially return today as well as the assistants. 

if Lander and Franklin return Keion could be the one to replace Geronimo while trying to still get Locke to replace Race. 

10 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

yeah wasn't Joey Brunk to IU a thing like 3 months before the season ended?

It is unfortunate, but just the way it is now with how it is set up

I knew that Brunk was coming to IU the day that IU-played Butler in the Crossroads classic.

Remember, these players all know each other from AAU and afaik there is nothing stopping them from recruiting each other in informal conversations via text and social media. It’s like in the NBA. There are all sorts of rules about when GMs can contact free agents, but there is no way to stop players coordinating to make super teams.

Edited by FrenchConnection
responded to the wrong post

2 hours ago, Hippopotamo said:

If Armaan transfers I think Locke would be an excellent replacement. He’s a little small for a combo guard but his stroke looks fantastic. 

Depending on how many openings we end up with, I wouldn't mind him even if Franklin comes back.  I don't want to suffer from a lack of shooters again. 

14 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I have to think this happened with our very own Franklin. You know someone reached out to him once IU fired Miller. 

What!? The NCAA will firmly and fairly enforce the rules evenly for all teams. I am shocked and disappointed you have any doubt about this. (sarcasm)

It is interesting that some guys enter the portal and then choose so fast. Like within a couple of days. I suspect the college basketball of 2025 will bear little resemblance to the game of 2015.  

1 minute ago, Hardwood83 said:

What!? The NCAA will firmly and fairly enforce the rules evenly for all teams. I am shocked and disappointed you have any doubt about this. (sarcasm)

It is interesting that some guys enter the portal and then choose so fast. Like within a couple of days. I suspect the college basketball of 2025 will bear little resemblance to the game of 2015.  

I think they are going to have to limit this somewhat. It shouldn't be a free for all (I understand the circumstance this year).