Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

41 minutes ago, iu eyedoc said:

To my knowledge the SEC has yet to eliminate the 1 yr sit for intra-conference transfers. If so, interesting decision.

I wish the B1G would do that. Don't feel good about transferring to in conference team. 

1 hour ago, brumdog45 said:

He did go from being a 4.5/3.2/0.2 guy as a freshman to a 10.3/6.8/1.6 guy as a sophomore, which I would say is a pretty good jump.  Or you want to compare apples to apples, His per 40 minute numbers as a freshman were 11.9 points, 8.5 rebounds, 0.5 assists and as a sophomore was 17.5 points, 11.5 rebounds, and 2.7 assists.  I'd certainly call that a leap.

He definitely did improve aspects of his game. From what we are hearing about Woodys offense, and the needs we have, he would be a lot more valuable/needed if he was a 36% three point shooter instead of low 20’s. In any case who knows if he even enters the portal.

1 minute ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

Anyone complaining about anyone potentially coming here is funny. If woodson believed said player could fit in his system then we should all be in support of that. Brooks isnt even in the portal yet and some of you guys are so bent out of shape about the idea of him. 

What better way to recruit against Cal than to take Brooks and develop him.  To me the best thing Woodson could do is get 3 guys to the nba next year.  

1 hour ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

Anyone complaining about anyone potentially coming here is funny. If woodson believed said player could fit in his system then we should all be in support of that. Brooks isnt even in the portal yet and some of you guys are so bent out of shape about the idea of him. 

No one said Woodson has any interest in Brooks and you’re right, Brooks isn’t in the portal. The debate was between fans responding to a rumor and after 4 years of the blind nonsense that was “Trust in CAM” even that sentiment seems a bit misguided. After all, this is a message board and it’s sole purpose is discussion and debate. Lecturing people for doing just that? Really?

Well in old news the toothless brigade down south is still upset at Brooks for calling Rupp a racist.  

In fairness he did absolutely no research on the subject and then advocated for changing the arena name simply because his name was Adolph.

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

We also don’t know if he took anything to go to Kentucky. He’s been a bust but he was very regarded out of HS. If I’m gonna be cool with an instate kid who spurned IU for Kentucky, transfering here it needs to be a All BigTen First Team lock. Brooks doesn’t deserve a scholarship at IU and there are better options in the portal than him. 

Can you blame a kid for not wanting to be coached by Miller????? If that was the case, which I do not know, but that could have been very possible. Miller looked very bad from the ISU game his first season. That could go back to Crean's days too. If I was a top 100 recruit, I would have chosen somewhere else between 2013 to about a week ago.

4 hours ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

What I'm seeing in this KB debate, people are choosing the numbers they want to use to justify their takes. I have no idea if he will improve his game or not. I have no idea if he is even coming. He isn't even in the portal yet.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

From all accounts I have heard Keion is a tremendous teammate and locker room presence.   I can't remember the exact UK non-conference game this season, maybe Georgia Tech?, but I recall UK taking an unexpected L where Keion didn't play, but he took the player media availability after the game and showed a great deal of leadership (the IU analog would be Joey Brunk speaking to the media after IU lost to Michigan St.)  

Net, I agree Keion may not fill the box score like a 5-Star Burger Boy, but he may bring in a lot of intangibles that this squad needs that CMW is looking for in year one.  I will stay open-minded, and let the process play-out.

It had nothing to do with his name.....it is a well known fact that Rupp is a racist. 

Saying you need to do research on that is like saying you need to do research to say bob Knight had a temper 
Go back and read the article that had Keion's response. He blatantly said he didn't know much about it. So having an ignorant hard stance is a good thing? Disagree. Now as to whether Rupp was a racist or not I'm not going to argue that. Doesn't change the fact that his response was bad. If you don't know anything about the subject just say as much or decline to respond. That's a part of the problem with our society as a whole these days. Everybody uses their mouths more than their eyes and ears. I'm done getting off the topic

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, connchr71 said:

Can you blame a kid for not wanting to be coached by Miller????? If that was the case, which I do not know, but that could have been very possible. Miller looked very bad from the ISU game his first season. That could go back to Crean's days too. If I was a top 100 recruit, I would have chosen somewhere else between 2013 to about a week ago.

And Calipari hadn’t been exposed when he committed there.

With a caveat that it’s my ‘eye test assessment, Keion Brooks would be a huge success on next year’s IU team, especially if Race leaves. He’d be a 30 minute a game guy that would be our starter at the four.