Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

7 minutes ago, Demo said:

Was not a fan coming out and didn’t consider him a miss. But he changed my mind this year. He was the only kid in that dumpster fire that played hard in every game of theirs I saw. Competed on the boards. Was probably their best defender. Was vocal with teammates. Was taking coaching from Cal. Gained a lot of respect for him. And the stroke isn’t broken. I’m confident he can make shots. I think he would have a chance of being a nice fit with Trayce. Just not sure that’s the role he’d be looking for.

Yeah, everyone who knows him says he’s a great kid. He’s competitive.  He had a nice midrange game at LaLu.  He would be nice in transition. Very nice on Defense.  TJD and Keion were very good together in AAU.   I believe LaLu was the #1 team his season and he was a main part of that.  His time at Kentucky hasn’t been great.  He’s not a sharpshooter but he could be a winning Ingredient.  

Edited by WayneFleekHoosier

Swap Kentucky with Indiana and you described Lander. Stats don’t always tell the whole story. 

This. This. This.

No one on that entire Kentucky team looked good. Boston, maybe. But you’d also be crazy to say that none of them are any good because their stats don’t lie. Sometimes teams fall apart despite talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

Swap Kentucky with Indiana and you described Lander. Stats don’t always tell the whole story. 

So you’re now we’re saying Lander is a great talent??? Or are you agreeing with me? Lander put up CYO League C Team numbers this season and has a long, long way to go before he is ever going to be viewed as a great talent. Comparing Brooks to Lander is actually disrespectful to Brooks

25 minutes ago, Ghost of Rick Majerus said:

This is nonsense. 

Brooks is a player and a great talent. You take him if you can get him. 

Based on what? His high school ranking? His actual stats at the D1 level don't fit that billing.

26 minutes ago, Demo said:

Was not a fan coming out and didn’t consider him a miss. But he changed my mind this year. He was the only kid in that dumpster fire that played hard in every game of theirs I saw. Competed on the boards. Was probably their best defender. Was vocal with teammates. Was taking coaching from Cal. Gained a lot of respect for him. And the stroke isn’t broken. I’m confident he can make shots. I think he would have a chance of being a nice fit with Trayce. Just not sure that’s the role he’d be looking for.

Thanks. This is helpful info. His stats are certainly questionable but hearing a kid plays like that, especially when on such a bad team is good to hear.  

2 minutes ago, JimmerNoe said:

Imagine thinking Khristian Lander and Keion Brooks aren’t great talents... sheesh I hope Lebron enters the transfer portal or we’re gonna have some disappointment on the board.

What are you basing Brooks being a “great talent” on? Because it’s definitely not his college performance. He didn’t start on a 9-16 Kentucky team. His high school ranking doesn’t matter anymore. What matters is what he’s done in college. And his college performance has been underwhelming. I’d rather get the stretch 4 from Furman. 

1 minute ago, JimmerNoe said:

Imagine thinking Khristian Lander and Keion Brooks aren’t great talents... sheesh I hope Lebron enters the transfer portal or we’re gonna have some disappointment on the board.

Whatever man, I guess 2 pts a game while shooting 25% and a 1 for 1 assist to turnover ratio is “a great talent”....or you just don’t know what you’re talking about. Being highly successful and rated in high school doesn’t make you a great college talent or have you already forgotten about Hanner Perea?

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

What are you basing Brooks being a “great talent” on? Because it’s definitely not his college performance. He didn’t start on a 9-16 Kentucky team. His high school ranking doesn’t matter anymore. What matters is what he’s done in college. And his college performance has been underwhelming. I’d rather get the stretch 4 from Furman. 

Imagine a world where someone thinks it’s appropriate to use LeBron James in a Keion Brooks/Khristian Lander talent comparison/discussion...

1 minute ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

Imagine a world where someone thinks it’s appropriate to use LeBron James in a Keion Brooks/Khristian Lander talent comparison/discussion...

I can speak for lander and pretty much everyone on the IU team that was gunshy this year looking over there shoulder. Almost nobody played up to their potential and Archie mind ****ed almost everyone on that team.

4 minutes ago, HoosierBoiler said:

I can speak for lander and pretty much everyone on the IU team that was gunshy this year looking over there shoulder. Almost nobody played up to their potential and Archie mind ****ed almost everyone on that team.

Lander was not gun shy. He’d come in, jack up as many bricks as he could muster before getting pulled. Rinse and Repeat. Archie gets some of the blame but not shooting 25% blame. I’m not trying to kick a kid when he’s down, but lets pump the breaks on referring to him as a great talent. I sincerely hope he develops into one