Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

16 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

Gotta admit, I’m loving the free agency feel of this transfer portal. Feel like we are gonna come out of this much better. 

I feel like the transfer portal is going to eventually work out to be very good for the best programs. Yeah maybe they lose some players who aren’t getting as many minutes but you can find replacements much easier. And it definitely helps programs fill unexpected vacancies when players go pro or you otherwise don’t fill a need with a difference-maker in recruiting. Or even if a player doesn’t develop enough and you have a hole.

I also think that after an initial rush, fewer players will transfer as the years go by.

3 hours ago, TwatShot said:

My wife just asked if she can enter the transfer portal...

Not sure what to make of that.

2 hours ago, IUsafety said:

What’s her stats like?  I’ve been looking to upgrade that position and would be willing to Crean my wife.  lol

Well played, both of you. 

My wife has a lifetime contract.  Well, the buyout is huuuuge.

But each of us could use professional training.  Thinking about a recruiting trip, though.  I do have to be somewhat careful about my back. (Just kidding, sort of...)

Back to the transfer portal.  Who thinks that IU's PG situation is clear, settled, and ready to compete with the best in the B1G?  Well, I don't.  Veteran PG Rob Phinesee has lots of experience.  Can he get across the timeline and distribute the ball?  Can he cause some disruption in the opponents' defenses?  Can he get the entry pass more quickly? Can he recover his shot and his drive?  Can he stop that first quick step of the opponents' guards? Will Rob share the spotlight with Lander?

If not him, then is Lander ready for prime time?  Is he working hard during this break? Is he coming back? Will he share the spotlight with Rob?

If both of the above are in question, who is the likely next man up?  Stewart? A transfer?  The Pitt PG?  Hopefully better than Josh Newkirk.

Will Phin and Lander get an answer from Woodson and vice versa on Monday?  How will they react when Woodson says he is still going for a new PG in the transfer portal? Is Stewart a decent CG and will he be THE answer for a part of the year?

Edited by Dave from Dayton

3 hours ago, Dave from Dayton said:

My wife has a lifetime contract.  Well, the buyout is huuuuge.

But each of us could use professional training.  Thinking about a recruiting trip, though.  I do have to be somewhat careful about my back. (Just kidding, sort of...)

Back to the transfer portal.  Who thinks that IU's PG situation is clear, settled, and ready to compete with the best in the B1G?  Well, I don't.  Veteran PG Rob Phinesee has lots of experience.  Can he get across the timeline and distribute the ball?  Can he cause some disruption in the opponents' defenses?  Can he get the entry pass more quickly? Can he recover his shot and his drive?  Can he stop that first quick step of the opponents' guards? Will Rob share the spotlight with Lander?

If not him, then is Lander ready for prime time?  Is he working hard during this break? Is he coming back? Will he share the spotlight with Rob?

If both of the above are in question, who is the likely next man up?  Stewart? A transfer?  The Pitt PG?  Hopefully better than Josh Newkirk.

Will Phin and Lander get an answer from Woodson and vice versa on Monday?  How will they react when Woodson says he is still going for a new PG in the transfer portal? Is Stewart a decent CG and will he be THE answer for a part of the year?

I'm really looking forward to seeing what Lander can do as a soph, with the leash off. CAM barely played him until basically the end. We're talking the #1 ranked PG in his class. So he was young, had the body of a high school junior, has an outside shot that has needed work. But the kid is really, really good, very quick, great handle, solid vision for a young kid, now, assuming he comes back, we can see it.

When he came in, he was talking about how good it would be to run the P&R with TJD. I am seriously looking forward to that.

10 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Xavier Johnson's final four are Houston, Baylor, St. Joseph, and IU per ESPN Borzello. 

Man Baylor and Houston would be tough competition. Hoping we have more time to focus on him since the other 2 teams may be busy playing 

19 minutes ago, cbp4iu said:

I saw that Illinois got a transfer from Florida. Omar Payne

He was the guy ejected for intentionally elbowing (and knocking out?) the Tennessee player!

His stats aren't fabulous- 4ppg 3 reb