Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

18 minutes ago, Free Jurkin! said:

Losing Race would be really tough IMO. Even if TJD stays, we're going to be low on front court depth. That could change with transfers, but we need guys there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True, but if TJD is back along with Brunk and Duncomb the 5 is very well covered. I suspect Woodson is looking for 3 & D/Stretch 4 types to replace Race. 

Race is a good rebounder and solid defender, so hate to see him go, but seems likely.  

16 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

4 out 1 in never says it has to be all big guys. You just have to be able to defend multiple positions. UCLA & Michigan both had starting PG's who was 5'10. This kid led the ACC in 3 point shooting as a freshman. He is an elite shooter

Yeah Archie's problem was that he usually played three guards and they were all pretty small guards. One 5'10 guy isn't going to kill you. It's when you've got a backcourt that looks something like 5'10, 6'1, 6'3 that you start getting in trouble. In Woody we trust! I like the players we seem to be going after. 

19 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Starting point guard for UCLA 5'10, starting point guard for Big Ten Champion Michigan 5'10. If you can play, you can play. You complain about Lander's shooting, we start to recruit a shooting PG and you complain. Pick one and stick with it

Campbell and the michigan kid pass the ball though. This kid averages less than 1 assist per game for his career. Shooting PG is a stretch. He's just a sub 6 foot shooting guard. 

3 minutes ago, goonaha said:

Campbell and the michigan kid pass the ball though. This kid averages less than 1 assist per game for his career. Shooting PG is a stretch. He's just a sub 6 foot shooting guard. 

Cone looks like a microwave shooter sixth man with or without Lander back, IMO

5 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

I mean are you hearing this? I have a hard time believing it for multiple reasons but I guess it could make sense.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

No, I haven’t but Parker Stewart was practicing so Franklin got to see him everyday and there were reports that he was looking really good. I also know that Franklin has been recruited away from a school he was at in the past so this wouldn’t be the first time he’s left a school after a couple of years so it makes me think. 

3 minutes ago, goonaha said:

Watching the tape above he made some beautiful passes. I know he was hurt for half of this year. I'm guessing the coaching staff might think he would be alright to offer him. Plus were just one of 7 teams in his final list. So nothing to get worked up about

No, I haven’t but Parker Stewart was practicing so Franklin got to see him everyday and there were reports that he was looking really good. I also know that Franklin has been recruited away from a school he was at in the past so this wouldn’t be the first time he’s left a school after a couple of years so it makes me think. 

Yeah I just think Franklin is a 30 mpg guy with or without Stewart. I don’t see his role diminishing either way.

If he leaves it will hurt, and I hope he gets treated without any respect next year in assembly hall if he goes to Illinois. That said I really hope he doesn’t leave because I have always really liked him

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

8 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

If we play 4 out 1 in, TJD, Brunk and Duncomb would be plenty of depth at the 5 in my opinion. 

That's assuming TJD comes back. Even with that, there are going to be times when we're going to want to have a bigger lineup. And Race is our best post defensive player by far. He offers the ability to switch that Woodson likes. It would be a big loss.  

Lander / 5'10 fella

Franky / Rob

Stewart / Trey / Leal

Hunter / Jordan

TJD / Joey / Luke

Give me that. The line-up has no defense which might cause Woody to lose his facial hair. But hey, 100 is more than 99. 

2 minutes ago, Trish said:

Lander / 5'10 fella

Franky / Rob

Stewart / Trey / Leal

Hunter / Jordan

TJD / Joey / Luke

Give me that. 

There is going to be some leave and were going to bring in some. Just who leaves and who comes is the question. 

7 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I was told that Stewart was really impressive in practice the last month of the season. Like best player on the court good not including TJD. I think TJD, Hunter, P Stew is a really nice start for a linup. 

Do you know why he never played that last month? Not playing your second best player, especially with how lackluster our guard play was, would be coaching malpractice. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Do you know why he never played that last month? Not playing your second best player, especially with how lackluster our guard play was, would be coaching malpractice. 

I don't know, maybe wasn't over the passing of his father yet. It was Stewart's decision. 

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

There is going to be some leave and were going to bring in some. Just who leaves and who comes is the question. 

If I had to pick one to lose it would be Race. Bring in this V-Tech kid as back-up or starting duties, who knows. TJD staying would be ideal. 

There is a chance we could be decent next year, pending moves of course, yes! 

9 minutes ago, Trish said:

TJD / Joey / Luke

Give me that. 

Do you mean Logan Duncomb (instead of Luke)? Or is Luke a guy that I missed?