Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

Losing Jordan would stink. He has a lot of potential that really just needs a summer or two to pay off. 
Losing Franklin and Kristian would stink as well. Our best guard and our best PG if we're being honest. 

I love Race, but if I had to choose someone then it would be him. 

Losing Race would be really tough IMO. Even if TJD stays, we're going to be low on front court depth. That could change with transfers, but we need guys there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, Trish said:

5'10?

I thought Woodson wanted big players? lol

He never said the pg had to be big. You can have a smaller pg with length at the 2-4 spots and then a post. 

Just now, Free Jurkin! said:

Losing Race would be really tough IMO. Even if TJD stays, we're going to be low on front court depth. That could change with transfers, but we need guys there.

If we play 4 out 1 in, TJD, Brunk and Duncomb would be plenty of depth at the 5 in my opinion. 

12 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Virginia Tech transfer Jalen Cone has Indiana in his final 7. 

His stats are not overly impressive, if I'm looking at the right guy. Plus, he is really small. I thought Woody was looking for some size?

1 minute ago, ap2345 said:

He never said the pg had to be big. You can have a smaller pg with length at the 2-4 spots and then a post. 

Do you know where Woodson said he wanted bigger players? I missed that interview or quote. 

1 hour ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

I think if lander leaves we will make a really strong push for that Pg from pitt. Hes played with parker before and we would have the perfect set up for him. I dont believe well have him and lander both though. One or the other. 

Johnson came in the year after Stewart left.

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Starting point guard for UCLA 5'10, starting point guard for Big Ten Champion Michigan 5'10. If you can play, you can play. You complain about Lander's shooting, we start to recruit a shooting PG and you complain. Pick one and stick with it

Hit it right on the nail. 

Just now, T White said:

His stats are not overly impressive, if I'm looking at the right guy. Plus, he is really small. I thought Woody was looking for some size?

4 out 1 in never says it has to be all big guys. You just have to be able to defend multiple positions. UCLA & Michigan both had starting PG's who was 5'10. This kid led the ACC in 3 point shooting as a freshman. He is an elite shooter

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Starting point guard for UCLA 5'10, starting point guard for Big Ten Champion Michigan 5'10. If you can play, you can play. You complain about Lander's shooting, we start to recruit a shooting PG and you complain. Pick one and stick with it

I'm not exactly complaining about this guy, I just read Woodson wanted players with height, which I'm still unsure where he said that as I missed it.

I don't anything about this guy so I can't say he's better or worse than Kristian. I think Kristian has potential to be a Top 5 player in the Big Ten. Tall task, but he has the tools. 

Just now, Trish said:

I'm not exactly complaining about this guy, I just read Woodson wanted players with height, which I'm still unsure where he said that as I missed it.

I don't anything about this guy so I can't say he's better or worse than Kristian. I think Kristian has potential to be a Top 5 player in the Big Ten. Tall task, but he has the tools. 

Yes but this kid is an elite shooter. Woody is going to make sure we have shooters on the floor

3 minutes ago, Trish said:

Do you know where Woodson said he wanted bigger players? I missed that interview or quote. 

Pretty sure the opening presser but it could’ve been one of the radio shows. 

I hope I’m wrong, and I think ideally we want someone who would welcome competition, but I get the feeling that after last year Lander and family will want the keys to the backcourt to himself. I know he’s close to Leal and Galloway but I’m sure this isn’t how they envisioned year 1 going.

After not getting a lot of room to grow last year I think they may look at this free COVID year as a chance to start a fresh somewhere he will have free reign. Idk, I just don’t have the warm fuzzies about him or Armaan coming back which would suck.

Interesting to transfer. 

20MPG as a freshman. Was out the final month due to a foot injury. 

Northern Arizona in the mix? He has a couple mid-majors and then some big schools. Looking to play in a big role? To be the #1 option? This should be interesting. 

EDIT: https://journalnow.com/sports/college/jalen-cone-aims-to-find-an-nba-path-away-from-virginia-tech/article_28dd5f7c-8e39-11eb-a6ed-df0f02d37fdc.html?utm_campaign=snd-autopilot&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_

Let's see if Woody's NBA pull is a factor here. 

5 minutes ago, JimmerNoe said:

I hope I’m wrong, and I think ideally we want someone who would welcome competition, but I get the feeling that after last year Lander and family will want the keys to the backcourt to himself. I know he’s close to Leal and Galloway but I’m sure this isn’t how they envisioned year 1 going.

After not getting a lot of room to grow last year I think they may look at this free COVID year as a chance to start a fresh somewhere he will have free reign. Idk, I just don’t have the warm fuzzies about him or Armaan coming back which would suck.

What if Franklin is worried about a diminished role because he knows there’s another two guard on the roster that is better than him? 

What if Franklin is worried about a diminished role because he knows there’s another two guard on the roster that is better than him? 

In all seriousness, if P Stewart is excellent and we don’t lose production that’s great. I’ll still be disappointed just because Armaan seems to have the trajectory for something special as a junior/senior and I selfishly want that to be at IU. After his Bankers Life performance as a freshman I feel attached! Lol