Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

Just now, Hoosierfanyuh said:

I really dont see why armaan would leave hed be a main person next year for us. Doesnt make sense. The lack of info makes it seem like hell be gone though. 

Being sold to being Ayo’s replacement. Pretty intriguing to be the guy to try and take the role of the 20ppg guy. 

10 minutes ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

I really dont see why armaan would leave hed be a main person next year for us. Doesnt make sense. The lack of info makes it seem like hell be gone though. 

It’s the lack of information on him in combination with not seeing him in the photos with Woodson and the team last night.

I hope I’m wrong but if he doesn’t want to be here...

15 minutes ago, ib4iu said:

Being sold to being Ayo’s replacement. Pretty intriguing to be the guy to try and take the role of the 20ppg guy. 

is Illinois minus Ayo and Cockburn really better next year than IU with a junior Trayce, junior Franklin, and Coach Woodson? I don't know who Illinois is bringing in next year, though, so maybe they're replacing those two with studs. I honestly wasn't that impressed with Illinois last year when we played them. We were right there with them in both games, even going to overtime in one of them. 

According to Rivals, Franklin has a Zoom call on Saturday with Illinois. The main IU writer said Illinois is putting on the full court press to get him.

That being said, he said he felt IU has a better chance of landing him today than he thought they did at the beginning of the week, but this is going to be a recruiting battle.

He said Woodson really wants him and is doing what he can to keep him, but Underwood obviously really wants him as well.

52 minutes ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

Agree it doesn't make sense to transfer to Illinois for similar playing opportunities.  We'll have to see what our style of play looks like, but it took Ayo longer than expected to position himself for the draft.

That being said. Armaan and his mom might want to talk to Mr. Gunn about what potential opportunities IU provides former players AFTER basketball.   He seems to see the BIG picture.  You don't think Coach Woodson and Dolson might have some influential connections to help with financial opportunities after his playing days are over?  Especially a kid from Indy?  Pretty short sighted in my humble opinion. 

28 minutes ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

Really, I’m guessing they’ve been talking about him on their forums?

Just did a quick check on a couple Illinois boards, and both Franklin and Lander pretty much got completely ignored when mentioned in their transfer thread.