Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

You said “taunting is for the weak.” Some of the best players in the world taunt. They talk trash all game long. They chirp constantly. It’s not a necessity. Some guys like Tim Duncan didn’t do it. But I’m not refusing a talented player because he talks trash and gets T’d up sometimes. Justin Smith was a cancer too until he went to Arkansas and wasn’t. There he was a starter on an elite 8 team. Read this article and tell me he’s  not a player who’s going to work his *** off every day. 

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/Pitt/2020/01/10/pitt-panthers-basketball-xavier-johnson-bishop-oconnell-virginia-dmv-acc-team-takeover/stories/202001100028

The best taunter in history is Larry Bird.  Check the stories of him on Youtube.  They are hilarious.  He did it without being a punk.    He's asking guys if their mothers are watching as he schools them.  

20 minutes ago, FightFor6 said:

I am just imagining Ted Valentine practicing this in front of a mirror on gameday. 

I don't know if he still has this but he used to carry a business card with his name on it that said CBB Officials and it had a cartoon picture of him giving a T to a man in a red sweater. 

31 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

The best taunter in history is Larry Bird.  Check the stories of him on Youtube.  They are hilarious.  He did it without being a punk.    He's asking guys if their mothers are watching as he schools them.  

Bird was great - hysterical, but I'll go with Gary the Glove Payton, that dude taunted from the opening tip to the end.

You said “taunting is for the weak.” Some of the best players in the world taunt. They talk trash all game long. They chirp constantly. It’s not a necessity. Some guys like Tim Duncan didn’t do it. But I’m not refusing a talented player because he talks trash and gets T’d up sometimes. Justin Smith was a cancer too until he went to Arkansas and wasn’t. There he was a starter on an elite 8 team. Read this article and tell me he’s  not a player who’s going to work his *** off every day. 

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/Pitt/2020/01/10/pitt-panthers-basketball-xavier-johnson-bishop-oconnell-virginia-dmv-acc-team-takeover/stories/202001100028
Is it necessary? No

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Somebody shared this earlier, but you’re telling me the best guard in the portal is a kid who has been overlooked his whole career and has a dog mentality because of it, AND he has two parents in the military?

I questioned Kenya’s recruiting ability yesterday but if he lands Johnson I will never question him again.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Minnesota could be losing a lot of players

I hope so. Their hire was out of left field. 

I am not saying Woody was better or it won't work out for them but his name wasn't being mentioned as a candidate until he was hired. 

1 hour ago, iu eyedoc said:

Just an aside, I find it interesting that typically the people complaining about the players conduct are the strongest advocates for a coach that acted with arguably the worst conduct of any coach in the history of college basketball.  It's an interesting dichotomy.

I was born in 1990. I don't remember a game that Bob Knight coached.. like I remember Guyton very little. 

So... I guess I don't fit into the "typical" category there. 

1 hour ago, iu eyedoc said:

Just an aside, I find it interesting that typically the people complaining about the players conduct are the strongest advocates for a coach that acted with arguably the worst conduct of any coach in the history of college basketball.  It's an interesting dichotomy.

Ha ha, not me! Remember when Devin Dumes elbowed the MSU guy right in the junk and ESPN showed in on slow-mo repeatedly? I loved that!  Sure it was a punk move, but I like my guys to have a little edge. 

Not a fan of the running over team-mates or attacking women variety though. Keep the thuggery on the court only. :120: