Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

“Which one of your guys is getting second place today?” 

Nope, can’t have him. He talks too much trash! 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wearebasket.net/trash-talking-nba/amp/

Notable names: Charles Barkley, Michael Jordan, Kevin Garnett, Kobe Bryant, Larry Bird. Someone better let them know that they’re cancers and couldn’t play on the IU basketball team. 

Wow. Incredible how you haven't really read any response I've given you, yet... if this is still what you're spouting off about. 

Just now, Hoosierfan222 said:

Kid shot 78 threes and hit just over 32% of them.

Our starting point guard shot 96 threes and hit 26% of them....

We’re comparing him to the team average why? Kid is a point guard, compare him to our point guard. 

Please... kids a basketball player... and a solid one, no doubt. A shooter, he is not. Not even close. 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Please... kids a basketball player... and a solid one, no doubt. A shooter, he is not. Not even close. 

No one said he’s a shooter, but he’s also a significantly better shooter than his current counterpart on our roster... 

Thats great if Armaan, Jerome, and Al brought our team average up.

Johnson can play on the floor WITH them. Phinisee is the guy he’d replace in our starting 5, and he’s a 26% three point shooter. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan222 said:

No one said he’s a shooter, but he’s also a significantly better shooter than his current counterpart on our roster... 

Thats great if Armaan, Jerome, and Al brought our team average up.

Johnson can play on the floor WITH them. Phinisee is the guy he’d replace in our staring 5, and he’s a 26% three point shooter. 

And I am saying I would pass on him. There is someone within the 1,124 transfers in D1 that is a better option. 

Just now, IUBBx5Banners said:

Sorry I just think the line is very blurry as to what is playing with fire and yapping versus taunting. 

which is draymond? What about Emoni Bates? 

Neither have ANYTHING to do with this discussion though. This kid couldn't hold either of those jocks. 

Just now, btownqb said:

And I am saying I would pass on him. There is someone within the 1,124 transfers in D1 that is a better option. 

Maybe there is, there are a ton of options out there. 

I am pretty damn sure he’s better than our current situation though, your reasons for him being a punk are bizarre.  

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Wow. Incredible how you haven't really read any response I've given you, yet... if this is still what you're spouting off about. 

Oh trust me, I’ve read your responses. It’s how I saw that you shifted the goal posts to “well if the refs have to T you up...” 

The ref’s decision to give someone a technical is completely independent of the player’s actions. The refs not giving Jordan a technical when he told Muggsy Bogues “shoot you ******* midget” doesn’t change what he said. You’re either ok with trash talk or you’re not. If the ref didn’t T Xavier Johnson up it doesn’t change his action at all. 

Just now, Hoosierfan222 said:

Maybe there is, there are a ton of options out there. 

I am pretty damn sure he’s better than our current situation though, your reasons for him being a punk are bizarre.  

I should have said "acting like a punk" ... I don't know him, so I shouldn't just automatically deem him a punk. That is my fault. But his actions.. his actions are a problem. His coaching saying that in a post game interview is not a good look at all. Absolutely a better PG than RP, I've never said otherwise. 

Nothing bizarre about it though. That video is just the video of an immature individual and for it to happen multiple times? cmon Capel. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Oh trust me, I’ve read your responses. It’s how I saw that you shifted the goal posts to “well if the refs have to T you up...” 

The ref’s decision to give someone a technical is completely independent of the player’s actions. The refs not giving Jordan a technical when he told Muggsy Bogues “shoot you ******* midget” doesn’t change what he said. You’re either ok with trash talk or you’re not. If the ref didn’t T Xavier Johnson up it doesn’t change his action at all. 

This was the discussion the whole time... geez. Why else would this discussion of started? Shew. 

3 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

I think it is safe to assume you guys won’t agree on Johnson. Cool why don’t we now let Woody decide. He will likely know far more about him than we can ever know. 

Absolutely. I've never had the need to constantly question coaches, makes it easier to be a fan. 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I should have said "acting like a punk" ... I don't know him, so I shouldn't just automatically deem him a punk. That is my fault. But his actions.. his actions are a problem. His coaching saying that in a post game interview is not a good look at all. Absolutely a better PG than RP, I've never said otherwise. 

Nothing bizarre about it though. That video is just the video of an immature individual and for it to happen multiple times? cmon Capel. 

I'm fine agreeing to disagree here. Woody will take in the necessary information and make a decision that is best for the program. I just don't want us to be hasty in how we label prospective players around here. The full picture is important. For example, one of the other technicals referenced in that original article is one I believe you mentioned you would be ok with (coming to a teammates defense). 

Apologies to everyone else for the derailment. I won't comment again on the topic.

Animated GIF

1 minute ago, FightFor6 said:

I'm fine agreeing to disagree here. Woody will take in the necessary information and make a decision that is best for the program. I just don't want us to be hasty in how we label prospective players around here. The full picture is important. For example, one of the other technicals referenced in that original article is one I believe you mentioned you would be ok with (coming to a teammates defense). 

Apologies to everyone else for the derailment. I won't comment again on the topic.

Animated GIF

Absolutely. Zero, zero issue with this. That was a little cat fight though lol 

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

LeBron James is the best basketball player in the world and he taunts. He does it all the time. Steph Curry taunts after almost every made three.  Do I want our players doing it to the point that they have to be called out in the postgame? No. But I’d rather try to reign in a kid who had to be in the past than have a player who shows zero emotion and let’s the other team punk them. Rutgers punked us in the second half at their place this year. Jerome Hunter was the only player who looked like he cared. The rest acted like they didn’t give a ****. Give me someone like Johnson every day of the week over the alternative. He’s not going to stand there and let himself and his team get punked.  

Todd Jadlow did some taunting too....