Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

40 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I’ll take a hot head kid over a team full of kids who don’t care enough to get T’d up like we had for most of last year. Did we ever have a player get a technical under Archie? 

Didn't Jerome get T'd up late in the season? Seems like I remember some comments about maybe he would be our alpha dog, but then was quiet the rest of the year. Seems like Archie quit playing him as much after that?

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Lol, that’s not a terrible technical at all. I’d love for us to be blowing out Purdue at assembly hall and have a player nail a three and then mouth off to Purdue’s bench. Assembly Hall would erupt. We’ve been bad for so long that some have forgotten how fun it is to watch IU beat a team down and then let them know about it. We’ve spent four years watching our players act like zombies. 

Oh wow. Just... no. That is not how you do things. Ever. 

4 minutes ago, FightFor6 said:

I'm not going to get into a back and forth about someone's character based on one comment from a coach whose comments don't align with his actions, but might as well share the play in question.

Starts at 4:33

How frigging incredibly stupid is that... and it happened multiple times? And Capel allowed it? Geez 

44 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I’ll take a hot head kid over a team full of kids who don’t care enough to get T’d up like we had for most of last year. Did we ever have a player get a technical under Archie? 

Hunter did against Iowa two years ago

I would give a standing ovation if one of our players got a technical for chirping at the other team’s bench next year. IU basketball needs a total culture change. Our players are too nice. They’re too polite. We need some dogs who aren’t afraid to taunt a little bit and talk their talk.   

Is it bad if when reading this “we need some dogs”, my brain immediately went to this video.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, cleeter said:

Is it bad if when reading this “we need some dogs”, my brain immediately went to this video.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best press conference ever 

Maybe it's different in college, but this whole discussion sent me to YouTube to watch Reggie Miller give Spike Lee the choke sign in '94. Also, Indiana's favorite son Larry Bird was a world-class trash talker. He would hit a shot and mouth off to the other team's coach. 

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

Maybe it's different in college, but this whole discussion sent me to YouTube to watch Reggie Miller give Spike Lee the choke sign in '94. Also, Indiana's favorite son Larry Bird was a world-class trash talker. He would hit a shot and mouth off to the other team's coach. 

He get many techs doing so? 

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I had no information on Justin Smith to tell whether he was a cancer or not. He wasn't a 3 though, that's the only issue I had in regards to him. 

As far as the rest.. I guess. I have seen about 40000 AAU games in my life. Coached about as many games... certainly understand how basketball and trash talk works. If you can't see the different in trash talk/yadda yadda and getting T'ed up because you can't keep your mouth shut long enough as you get back on defense to not hurt your team? Idk what to tell you. 

This really isn't that deep for me. Using LeBron and Curry as examples are flat out silly though. 

You think it’s silly because they disprove your take that “taunting is for the weak.” Hell, Tom Brady is the best quarterback of all-time and he’s notorious for taunting and talking trash. I’ll take their opinion over yours, despite the “40000 AAU games” you’ve watched. You’re calling a kid a cancer because he got a technical foul and then his coach commented on it. If his coach really cared then he would’ve benched him. But he didn’t. 

Just now, FightFor6 said:

So is it about the behavior or how the referee interprets the behavior? You're not even arguing in good faith at this point.

Come again? If the official has to T you up for mouthing off... it's a problem. I've mentioned scenarios where I have ZERO problem if one of my players were to get a T. This video... that is the video of a punk. The like the exact OPPOSITE of what we want here. We want the guys that were getting in his head to begin with. 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

He get many techs doing so? 

In the 80's and 90's, NBA refs didn't T guys up for saying things. If they did, Bird and Jordan would have never finished a game. BTW, I not really arguing that what he did was OK. It was especially bad because with no fans in the arena everybody could hear every word.

There’s no doubt about it, getting a tech hurts the team. 

that being said shooting 20% from three hurts the team and that’s our current starting point guard. I’ll take a rare technical foul over that all day, not even sure why that’s a discussion.

if talking trash makes him a punk then how on earth did you ever watch 90’s basketball?

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

In the 80's and 90's, NBA refs didn't T guys up for saying things. If they did, Bird and Jordan would have never finished a game. BTW, I not really arguing that what he did was OK. It was especially bad because with no fans in the arena everybody could hear every word.

I understand that about officials and it's a good point. Bird and Jordan would have never allowed their actions to effect their team in a negative way though. And certainly not on any sort of consistent basis. 

5 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

“Which one of your guys is getting second place today?” 

Nope, can’t have him. He talks too much trash! 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wearebasket.net/trash-talking-nba/amp/

Notable names: Charles Barkley, Michael Jordan, Kevin Garnett, Kobe Bryant, Larry Bird. Someone better let them know that they’re cancers and couldn’t play on the IU basketball team. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan222 said:

that being said shooting 20% from three hurts the team and that’s our current starting point guard. I’ll take a rare technical foul over that all day, not even sure why that’s a discussion.

He shot a worse % from 3 every season he's been in college. He shot a worse % from 3 than what our entire team average was.... 

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan222 said:

Exactly. The days of being passive and “classy” are over. At this point, I just want guys with fire who want to actually win and the way I see it, this kid is nowhere near a Bill Laimbeer type of punk so I’m completely fine here!

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

He shot a worse % from 3 every season he's been in college. He shot a worse % from 3 than what our entire team average was.... 

Kid shot 78 threes and hit just over 32% of them.

Our starting point guard shot 96 threes and hit 26% of them....

We’re comparing him to the team average why? Kid is a point guard, compare him to our point guard.