Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

2 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

I would think that depends on who is coming back. If the whole crew of Jackson, Thompson & Brunk return along with Duncomb, not sure it makes sense. I wasn't overly impressed with Nunge at Iowa, but Garza definitely stole the spotlight. Someone called him a "stretch 4" but I thought of him as a post. 

On the other hand IU is pretty close to home for him, he could bond with Stewart over similar tragedies and I love post depth. 

In my opinion Nunge would be a nice addition.  He's been battling injuries his college career but when healthy he's definitely a stretch 4/5 that can board.  Coach Woody would work wonders for him, think Steve Novak.  

However I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at UE.  

Also what is considered "closer to home" for him?  I think his sister was or is on scholarship at ND.  Is MSU or Michigan close?  Is just a few hours drive close to home? Is just a few minutes close to home?   

Regardless what he decides I truly wish him the best.  That young man has been through a lot.  

9 hours ago, FightFor6 said:

One of the responses to a recent Jeff Goodman tweet mentioned Kenya Hunter was close with Xavier Johnson. He would certainly bring a dimension in the backcourt we haven't had in a while.

What? Talent? 

11 hours ago, FightFor6 said:

One of the responses to a recent Jeff Goodman tweet mentioned Kenya Hunter was close with Xavier Johnson. He would certainly bring a dimension in the backcourt we haven't had in a while.

9 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

Interesting tidbit on Johnson: "

But Capel seemed out of answers when he spoke to reporters after the
N.C. State game — a one-point loss Feb. 17 — when Johnson received a
technical for shouting at the Wolfpack bench after hitting a 3-pointer.

“Nothing I’ve said has worked,” Capel said at the time. “I’ve
been telling him for 2½ years. Stop talking to the refs. Stop being
demonstrative. Nothing we’ve said has worked.”

Johnson, who has started 81 of 84 games for Pitt, also leads the
team with 59 turnovers this season, giving him 302 for his career. But
Pitt will miss his ability to disrupt the opposing offense. He leads the
Panthers with 23 steals for a career total of 124."

Sounds talented but.....high-spirited. 

Interesting statement. After reading, I was expecting to see a lot of flexing and taunting stares in his HL video, but he seemed strangely reserved. Definitely something IU doesn't have at the PG position, but with RF and likely KL returning, adding a 3rd PG would put someone out of some serious minutes.

10 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

Interesting tidbit on Johnson: "

But Capel seemed out of answers when he spoke to reporters after the
N.C. State game — a one-point loss Feb. 17 — when Johnson received a
technical for shouting at the Wolfpack bench after hitting a 3-pointer.

“Nothing I’ve said has worked,” Capel said at the time. “I’ve
been telling him for 2½ years. Stop talking to the refs. Stop being
demonstrative. Nothing we’ve said has worked.”

Johnson, who has started 81 of 84 games for Pitt, also leads the
team with 59 turnovers this season, giving him 302 for his career. But
Pitt will miss his ability to disrupt the opposing offense. He leads the
Panthers with 23 steals for a career total of 124."

Sounds talented but.....high-spirited. 

Obviously the tech could have cost them the game, but give me a dog!  It's easier to rein someone in a little then to actually give them a pulse.

12 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Are we going after Jack Nunge?  Should we?

Mixed emotions for me.  Really liked him in high school and disappointed we never seemed to take much interest in him.  Injury history is always a concern for me and I truly don't know how he'd fit in Woody's offense.

2 hours ago, iu eyedoc said:

Interesting statement. After reading, I was expecting to see a lot of flexing and taunting stares in his HL video, but he seemed strangely reserved. Definitely something IU doesn't have at the PG position, but with RF and likely KL returning, adding a 3rd PG would put someone out of some serious minutes.

Just a thought, but this is a highlight video, so yes I would expect to see a little more cockiness so to speak after some of these plays. However when the problems with the refs occur, I am betting it is during struggle time.  That is when most players start to complain and have ref issues, or even with other players. Things not going your way are usually the better indicator of a players psyche, so to speak.

8 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

Caleb Love has no reason to transfer. He’s either going to the draft or he’s staying at UNC. 

I imagine you’re right. I was told when he was a Soph  if/when he got a UNC offer that the rest of the process would be purely academic. 

2 hours ago, iu eyedoc said:

Capel: “Nothing I’ve said has stopped Johnson from yapping and it has cost us.”

Also Capel:  starts Johnson every gave and doesn’t pull him.