Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

3 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

This portal thing is just for this year where they don't have to sit out correct?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

For now.   They are trying to pass it to where each kid can get 1 time transfer where they don’t have to sit out 

For now.   They are trying to pass it to where each kid can get 1 time transfer where they don’t have to sit out 
Not sure how I feel about this. Kinda don't like the idea but I guess everything changes

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Seems the pieces are coming together. I feel a lot better already about the hire. Now we just need to grab a couple of pieces from the portal and hope the other players stay. The players that have chosen IU even after the coaching change shows me they want to be there and make something special together. Good stuff

Ex2JlJ5WgAImwP_?format=jpg%26name=large&key=83b4036d0ed4c7b9b43245b3cdf2c094e0395543199d4c2e22b8308b07c7345c

I love this stuff. I want Indiana to be a destination school and win big. I’ll admit, even I can be sentimental when it comes to this. I’ve been a bit of a critic of Parker’s but I’m rooting for him and this team with all I have.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

31 minutes ago, FightFor6 said:

One of the responses to a recent Jeff Goodman tweet mentioned Kenya Hunter was close with Xavier Johnson. He would certainly bring a dimension in the backcourt we haven't had in a while.

Pitt owes IU a solid PG transfer! Last one didn't live up to expectations. 

31 minutes ago, FightFor6 said:

One of the responses to a recent Jeff Goodman tweet mentioned Kenya Hunter was close with Xavier Johnson. He would certainly bring a dimension in the backcourt we haven't had in a while.

We havent had a guard who can get to the basket like that in a while.

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Are we going after Jack Nunge?  Should we?

I would think that depends on who is coming back. If the whole crew of Jackson, Thompson & Brunk return along with Duncomb, not sure it makes sense. I wasn't overly impressed with Nunge at Iowa, but Garza definitely stole the spotlight. Someone called him a "stretch 4" but I thought of him as a post. 

On the other hand IU is pretty close to home for him, he could bond with Stewart over similar tragedies and I love post depth. 

1 hour ago, FightFor6 said:

Interesting tidbit on Johnson: "

But Capel seemed out of answers when he spoke to reporters after the
N.C. State game — a one-point loss Feb. 17 — when Johnson received a
technical for shouting at the Wolfpack bench after hitting a 3-pointer.

“Nothing I’ve said has worked,” Capel said at the time. “I’ve
been telling him for 2½ years. Stop talking to the refs. Stop being
demonstrative. Nothing we’ve said has worked.”

Johnson, who has started 81 of 84 games for Pitt, also leads the
team with 59 turnovers this season, giving him 302 for his career. But
Pitt will miss his ability to disrupt the opposing offense. He leads the
Panthers with 23 steals for a career total of 124."

Sounds talented but.....high-spirited.