Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

7 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Yeah, I think he and his family are really listening to Woody. He has been able to sit down with both and really pinpoint things he can work on to take his game to the next level. 

I think it all comes down to money.  He could go now and make a nice living -- as a backup or overseas.  But stick around for a year, and he can be a first rounder and pocket the millions that go with it.    

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I know we want most if not all of our own guys back but with a new coach bring in new guys wouldn't hurt.  Since everyone is going into a new system anyways having to bring in 2 or 3 new guys won't be the end of the world.  I like our current guys but they were part of a 12-15 team so if we can get better guys coming in to replace the it would be for the good.

While I agree, I do think a lot of issues was scheme and fit. I’m not saying they would have finished much better, but there was a lot more potential there than what the results showed.

Will be interesting to see how the team looks next season. 

Not sure if  I saw a place for guys declaring for the draft but saw UCONN player James Boucknight is leaving and hiring an agent.  Ej Leddell of OSU declared but won't hire an agent.  Austin reaves of Oklahoma declared as well

7 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I don't know about hard but they have contacted him. Franklin is pretty much down to us, ILL, ND, and Louisville

Well let me help him.  ILL got bounced by a rec league team (ok maybe not, but you get the point).  ND is a football school.  Louisville going to be on probation.  Absolutely, zero reason to leave IU.    

2 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

While I agree, I do think a lot of issues was scheme and fit. I’m not saying they would have finished much better, but there was a lot more potential there than what the results showed.

Will be interesting to see how the team looks next season. 

Agreed. Obviously just academic, but I asked a couple weeks ago what this year's team's record would be if John Beilein was the coach? 

I'm guessing 4 more wins conservatively.  There was more talent on this team then it showed. 

14 minutes ago, Hoosierfan22 said:

Noah Gurley has interest in Indiana and will have a phone call with the staff later.

Going to dig into this guy more.  Looks to have the profile of a high volume outside shooting big  with some D upside.   

Averaged 15.4/5.8 /2.5/0.9/1.1 with 1.5 3PTs on 4.5 attempts per game (34%).

That 3PT % is after he had a 5 game run of just awful 3PT shooting in January (2/6, 0/5, 0/4, 1/5, 1/4). Shot much better through end of year (and in December) and in general, ended the year on a very strong run. 

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/noah-gurley-1.html

1 minute ago, Hardwood83 said:

Agreed. Obviously just academic, but I asked a couple weeks ago what this year's team's record would be if John Beilein was the coach? 

I'm guessing 4 more wins conservatively.  There was more talent on this team then it showed. 

Well if this team could have hit better at free throws I know of 3 wind we would have had.  All 3 losses in OT could have been wins if we could have hit 1 more free throw in regulation in each of those games.

6 hours ago, jbeaman9 said:

I could see a lot of NBA type offensive sets ran for jerome to get a catch and shoot 3. He could be a lights out guy with confidence and support from the staff to shoot it. Always felt like guys were afraid to shoot 3's in Archie's system.

Archie set these players back decades.  

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Under Archie we played a bunch of 6'0 - 6'4" guards.

Seems like Woody's affection for 6'6" to 6'8" players that can shoot is being actualized with our portal approaches. Jerome Hunter is the only one on our roster who currently fits that mold.

I am happy with this development.

I was thinking Gurley appears to be close to what we thought Hunter would be. 15ppg, solid 3% shooter. 

No idea about Gurley's D but would be ideal if they could play together. 

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well if this team could have hit better at free throws I know of 3 wind we would have had.  All 3 losses in OT could have been wins if we could have hit 1 more free throw in regulation in each of those games.

Now you are speaking my language! If Woodson wants to win me over have a team that: 1) Hustles 2) HITS THEIR FREAKING FT'S! 

It's not asking a lot. No reason the team can't shoot +73% 

6 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

I was thinking Gurley appears to be close to what we thought Hunter would be. 15ppg, solid 3% shooter. 

No idea about Gurley's D but would be ideal if they could play together. 

Cole Swider fits the mold too. 6'8" shooter.

22 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

I think it all comes down to money.  He could go now and make a nice living -- as a backup or overseas.  But stick around for a year, and he can be a first rounder and pocket the millions that go with it.    

He doesn’t really need the money, though. His dad is rich from his NBA career, and his mom/step-dad both have stable jobs and what not. His younger brother is a big time football recruit. It’s not a case where a kid has to leave before he’s ready because his family needs the money, so he really can make the best decision for his own future. He comes back and he could get a first round NBA contract a year from now.

25 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

Sounds like we're pretty certain (or positive) that Durham, Geronimo and Thompson are leaving?

Not sure about Lander, Franklin, Stewart Jackson? 

Positive response from Phinisee, Leal, Galloway, Hunter, Duncomb

No word from: Brunk

Is that accurate? 

Durham already declared to Providence. I think we'll find out in the next couple days where the rest of these guys stand.They're probably waiting to hear about Woody's staff. 

8 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Under Archie we played a bunch of 6'0 - 6'4" guards.

Seems like Woody's affection for 6'6" to 6'8" players that can shoot is being actualized with our portal approaches. Jerome Hunter is the only one on our roster who currently fits that mold.

I am happy with this development.

Yes considering his injury and the resulting complications.  I'm pulling for him.