Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

3 minutes ago, Magisterium said:

I can't remember: are either of the Duke transfers worth pursuing?

sounds like UK will also try to get Kessler and Justin Powell--maybe Cal's loading up for one more run at the brass ring

Gold wire would be a solid guard for some team.   Rare 4 year player for K.   The other guy was a grad transfer last year from Columbia that everyone freaked out and said Duke was  getting one of the better transfers.  It didn’t work out 

5 minutes ago, Magisterium said:

I can't remember: are either of the Duke transfers worth pursuing?

sounds like UK will also try to get Kessler and Justin Powell--maybe Cal's loading up for one more run at the brass ring

Goldwire maybe. Shot 33% from 3. Only averaged 6ppg. Hell of a defender though. One of the best in the ACC. 

24 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Goldwire maybe. Shot 33% from 3. Only averaged 6ppg. Hell of a defender though. One of the best in the ACC. 

would IU re-pursue Tre Mitchell? (if I remember his name correctly)

or maybe he was a Bruiser Flint guy originally?

13 minutes ago, Magisterium said:

would IU re-pursue Tre Mitchell? (if I remember his name correctly)

I’m wondering the same thing. He is a game changer.

I would think he might be the most coveted transfer just at first guess but I haven’t really dove into the portal options yet.  

Edited by IUBBx5Banners

I wouldn't be surprised if Nunge ends up at UE.  I know folks are saying Power 5 but he'd literally be the closest to home with the MVC mid major coached by an ex Butler/Iowa coach.  

Having said that, Coach Woody could mold this kid into a heck of a shooter that would ultimately get him paid.  He's already got the touch.  And he's got a knack at the boards.  His injuries situation is a bit worrisome but personally I think he'd be worth the risk.  

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

The Gloves are off. Transferring within conference used to be a big no no. Those days are long gone.

Transfer Market is going to flip CBB on its head. I general, I don’t like how easy it is, but I’m old school.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Potter started that before this free agency. Uthoff kid that transferred from Wisky to Iowa I guess started it.   Remember Ryan got a lot of crap for initially not releasing him 

5 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

The Gloves are off. Transferring within conference used to be a big no no. Those days are long gone.

Transfer Market is going to flip CBB on its head. I general, I don’t like how easy it is, but I’m old school.

Sooner or later, it's gonna happen. A kid will go from PU to IU, or vice versa. Man, that'll be something ... 

9 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I think a lot of folks are becoming increasingly uneasy about it, especially now as we are looking at the potential loss of 2-3 key guys. I think we all were ultimately fine with Smith and Damezi leaving, but if it’s Race, Armaan, JG and Lander? Very uncomfortable being on the other side 

From a basketball standpoint, this makes team continuity that much more important. If anyone is ever bored, it’s interesting to go back and look at the roster composition (production relative to class, roster turnover, etc) of F4 teams of the last 5 years or so. It really illuminates how much of a competitive advantage continuity can be. 

Edited by IUBBx5Banners

Sooner or later, it's gonna happen. A kid will go from PU to IU, or vice versa. Man, that'll be something ... 

Luke Recker......That was tough on me. I thought he was really good. I dated one of his HS girlfriends.

PS-she liked me more. Lol.

What makes me nervous is we messed around with Stevens so long, we end up with several guys in the portal, and no assistant coaching staff to work recruiting, while transfers are starting to commit.  I would have hoped we'd see some of our guys re-commit to IU after Woody met with them.  Hopefully in the next few days.  Would nice to land a big fish here soon though.  

While the Stevens saga may have felt like a long time, in reality it was just a few days. The assistants have been recruiting this whole time - IU has been listed as a school whose contacted a few transfers already.

There are going to be more noteworthy entries to the transfer portal as programs wrap up year end meetings and kids deliberate on their next steps. 

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I feel good about Lander, Stewart, TJD all coming back, hopefully, Franklin too. 

That's a lot of talent. That would be extraordinary--coaching changes rarely happen without a subsequent rebuilding.

Most players these days commit to the coaching staff more than the university. If this happens? It is a notable commentary about Archie Miller.