Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

Game Thread: Indiana Hoosiers vs. Rutgers Scarlet Knights

5 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

If this was Archie’s last game, not hitting a field goal for the last 10 minutes was a fitting end. It had to be illuminating for our AD to hear the booing at the sparsely attended game. I can’t imagine the boos, and empty balcony, in the Hall next year if this mess continues.  It could get ugly (I meant uglier, it’s already ugly) very quickly.

I don’t think many people will show. 

Tidbits from Archie's post-game -

In response to @GreggDoyelStar  question, Miller says he didn't hear fans chanting at him.

Miller: "I'm not entering any offseason wondering if I'm going to be back. Those decisions are made by people higher than me."  [Osterman To contextualize this: This was delivered pretty directly. It wasn't resigned, nor was it shrugging off the question. Miller faced it up.]

Archie Miller on Indiana's 9-minute stretch w/out a made FG: 'We got fatigued and we weren't able to get any easy ones... they (Rutgers) took advantage of that... couldn't capitalize.'

Miller on his team's needs going forward: "More offensive firepower, more offensive weapons on the floor, developing players and make them better."

Archie Miller points to IU's frontcourt depth, or lack there of, as a reason why the Hoosiers have been so inconsistent. "Losing Joe takes (away) one older, bigger player, and puts younger players on the floor."

On his plans, Trayce Jackson-Davis says he will take a few weeks off and figure out his next step. No decision at this point.