Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB vs Michigan State - 3/11/21 @ 6:30 - B1G Tournament

6:30 tonight on FS2, Hoosiers (18-4) (16-2) will take on the Lady Spartans (14-7) (8-7)

TV:  FS2 with Lisa Byington and Christy Winters Scott providing coverage

Live Stats

Radio

Ninth-ranked Indiana will appear as the 2 seed for the first time in program history when it opens Big Ten Tournament play in the quarterfinals on Thursday night at 6:30 p.m. ET on FS2.

NOTES

Indiana placed four Hoosiers on All-Big Ten teams in the conference's annual postseason awards announced on Monday. Sophomore forward Mackenzie Holmes and junior guard Grace Berger each earned spots on the first team by the coaches and media while senior guard Ali Patberg is an All-Big Ten second team honoree. Junior forward Aleksa Gulbe also earned honorable mention honors from the league's media.

The Hoosiers are appearing in the Big Ten Tournament for the first time as the No. 2 seed, its highest ever ranking in the tournament. Indiana previously received the double-bye as the No. 4 seed in 2017 and 2020. They are 19-27 all-time in the tournament which began in 1995.

A nine-game win streak is on the line for Indiana on Thursday. The season long win streak is the longest for the program since it won 10-straight games to open up the 2018-19 season.

Holmes leads the way for Indiana with 18.2 points, 7.7 rebounds, 2.9 blocks and shoots 60 percent from the floor. She's joined in double figures by Berger's 15.1 points, 6.6 rebounds and 5.0 assists per game while Patberg adds 14.0 points per contest.

IU's opponent for Thursday night's game will be determined on Wednesday between No. 7 Michigan State and No. 10 Penn State. That game will begin at 6:30 p.m. ET. Indiana is 3-0 against its projected tournament opponent this season.

I don't think this will be a cakewalk by any means. I watched the MSU game, and they have a lot of weapons (similar to our ladies, in that if Patberg isn't on, Mac will be (or one of our other players)). I really hope we blow this one out, I despise MSU's coach (almost as much as Lisa Bluder from Iowa).  I know which game I'll be watching tonight!

6 hours ago, mamasa said:

I don't think this will be a cakewalk by any means. I watched the MSU game, and they have a lot of weapons (similar to our ladies, in that if Patberg isn't on, Mac will be (or one of our other players)). I really hope we blow this one out, I despise MSU's coach (almost as much as Lisa Bluder from Iowa).  I know which game I'll be watching tonight!

Can't believe I'm going to be watching the ladies live and the men afterwards but that's where I'm at.

Love watching this team and can't wait to watch this journey.

As always and forever I love the men's team but can't get too enthusiastic as of late.

1 minute ago, mamasa said:

Really wish we’d had NCH the whole time. Love her game

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

From purely a statistical standpoint, we haven't lost anything with Penn opting out.  C-H is maybe more TO prone and I don't know how her defense compares with Penn's.

We have a 34-26 lead at halftime and it should have been more but we only hit 6-12 FT.

Reb:  Holmes 4; Gulbe 3; Berger 3; C-H 3

Assists:  Patberg 3

Shooting:    IU   48% FG /  40 on 3s /  50% FT                             MSU    42% FG /  33% on 3s /  63% FT

Rebounding:  IU 16     MSU  13

Gulbe 2 fouls. 4 MSU players with 2 fouls each.  

IU trails 47-45 after 3.

Terrible quarter.  MSU dominated the first couple of minutes and put themselves right back into the game.

Gulbe and Berger each with 3 fouls; C-H on the bench with 4.     2 MSU players with 3 fouls.

Reb:  Berger 6; Holmes 5; C-H 4

Assists:  Patberg 4                                        14 TOs