Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Josh

Big Ten Tournament 2021

51 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

I would have rather been the 11.

But to answer your Q.... Yes lol...

I'm going to go IL, but IMO it's a 50/50 toss between the two.

Don’t despair.

With our current trajectory, unless things change, I think we will have a good shot at the 11th seed next year. 

8 minutes ago, Treesh said:

If there was a road for us to win or make it to the championship game, this is the road.

We can beat Rutgers. We can beat Illinois. Archie owns Iowa this year.

I'm not saying it's going to happen.. but 

Yeah, we really showed in the first two meetings that we could beat Rutger..

They didn't just beat us the second time, they started showing off dunking everything while we curled up in the fetal position.  I'll be shocked if we keep it with 7ish.

17 hours ago, DChoosier said:

Don’t despair.

With our current trajectory, unless things change, I think we will have a good shot at the 11th seed next year. 

LOL. I don't want 11 next year. I just wanted a chance at winning one more game this year...

From tonight's radio show which is the final one of the year -

Miller hints at Franklin's availability for Thursday, still uncertain, but mentions his value on both ends of the floor.  But added that he's not practiced since the injury.

Miller says Race Thompson (nose, ankle) still day to day, uncertain for Thursday.

Miller thinks teams will struggle to shoot the ball in empty Lucas Oil this week.  [when haven't they struggled to shoot the ball?]

Prompted by a question from Don Fischer, Archie Miller calls technical vs. Purdue "completely uncalled for"

The rest was the usual poor shooting / lacking confidence.

31 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

From tonight's radio show which is the final one of the year -

Miller hints at Franklin's availability for Thursday, still uncertain, but mentions his value on both ends of the floor.  But added that he's not practiced since the injury.

Miller says Race Thompson (nose, ankle) still day to day, uncertain for Thursday.

Miller thinks teams will struggle to shoot the ball in empty Lucas Oil this week.  [when haven't they struggled to shoot the ball?]

Prompted by a question from Don Fischer, Archie Miller calls technical vs. Purdue "completely uncalled for"

The rest was the usual poor shooting / lacking confidence.

Are fans not allowed to come to the tournament? I thought they were selling tickets.

34 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Setting the expectations early at least. Can't be too upset when we struggle to reach 60 when he said already we'd struggle to shoot the ball 4 days before the game.

Joking, but please don't lose 3 in one season to Rutgers

Comments from today's presser-

Miller says IU is "hopeful" Race Thompson and Armaan Franklin "continue to improve." Thompson is actually more banged up than Franklin, hasn't gotten much work this week.  "We're not counting on Armaan being available."

Archie Miller says teams won't get to practice on the game floor at Lucas Oil before warmup for their first game.

Archie Miller doesn't think sightlines will be a big deal because of how this season has gone.  "All of us have played in empty gyms all year."

TJD clarifies that his expletive during the MSU game caught on camera was not directed at coaches but instead frustration with officiating. Says he regrets that he lost his cool because he knows young kids are watching.

Jon Blau - Archie Miller talking at length about how difficult this season has been amid the pandemic. Freshmen moving in and being isolated. Upperclassmen used to a normal college life and being frustrated. "In and around Christmas time, it felt like late January."  Archie Miller was asked specifically about mental health and the difficulties. He wasn't making excuses. He was just talking about a real issue coaches across the country are dealing with.

This just hit me...it was a year ago on the Wednesday of the Big Ten tournament when it all hit the fan. Early in the second half the NBA news broke. I knew then and there this would've been the last game of the season. I stopped caring about the game. It was like the Maryland game when the Kobe news broke. 

8 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

This just hit me...it was a year ago on the Wednesday of the Big Ten tournament when it all hit the fan. Early in the second half the NBA news broke. I knew then and there this would've been the last game of the season. I stopped caring about the game. It was like the Maryland game when the Kobe news broke. 

Wednesday:  watched the play in games.  Had taken Thursday and Friday off for my annual trip to the BTT.  IU actually had a fun opening game to watch as they played a depleted Nebraska team.  Lots of points scored.  It was announced during the second game that there would not be fans attending the rest of the tournament.  Deciding to go ahead and take the Thursday and Friday off as I had already had a sub assigned and I’d just watch the games on tv.

Thursday:  games called while teams in the first matchup were warming up.  Started receiving e-mails from school that we could be looking at having e-learning through the next week and a half (spring break followed after that).  Decided to attend Friday as it would be a little while before I saw students.  

Fast forward — school started up for us in the fall — two weeks later than usually.  Did have in person school in my district for those who opted to — which was about half the district.  Students masked at all times except lunches and mask breaks not to exceed 15 minutes.  Students have trickled back in person....more so at lower levels.  Elementary schools are at about 85% in person, high school 60 to 65%.  We. Never did hybrid so all students in person attended five days per week;  e-learners viewed our lessons in real time.