Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

Game Thread- IU vs POS (Purdue) 2 pm ESPN

8 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Well sure. But this board has been very wrong on Purdue this season, Ohio State and Michigan. Illinois last season. Indiana in general. 

Board will get it right next year.  It’s the boards year.  Looking back at some preseason rankings a lot of national people have been very wrong about those teams right?    I just saw a preseason poll done by B1G media where they had Lander with the second most votes for freshman of the year behind Miller from Illinois.    Dickenson  was 4th in the pole    Looks like they were wrong 

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I'd say Durhams decision to try a reverse layup that he threw at the bottom of the rim. We were down by 4. 

My vote is the multiple air balls.  

If you were pessimistic already.....if you are counting on our freshman taking making big jumps next year, know that the baseline is low:

for the season, they have shot 82 of 219 (37%), 31 of 116 from three (27%), and 29 of 50 from the line (58%).

If our freshman were combined to a single player who played 30 minutes in a game, they would be averaging 6 points, 3 rebounds, and 2 1/2 assists.

2 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

If you were pessimistic already.....if you are counting on our freshman taking making big jumps next year, know that the baseline is low:

for the season, they have shot 82 of 219 (37%), 31 of 116 from three (27%), and 29 of 50 from the line (58%).

If our freshman were combined to a single player who played 30 minutes in a game, they would be averaging 6 points, 3 rebounds, and 2 1/2 assists.

Good stuff. Yet I still have a strange feeling that this class is the best we've had since 2015...

Overall not terribly impressed with this freshmen class. Im still holding out hope Lander can live up to his ranking. Wondering if Geronimo can develop beyond just being a good athlete. Galloway should go play TE for Allen. Has Hustle but not much skill. Leal is probably in over his head at this level. Honestly none of them see the floor on a good team at this point.

1 hour ago, Magnanimous said:

Good stuff. Yet I still have a strange feeling that this class is the best we've had since 2015...

It is a group of guys who SHOULD be four year players.....but I'm willing to bet it won't be four years here.  You've already got parent chirping from Leal's mom, coaching change that if it doesn't happen this year will likely happen next.  I do feel for bad for Galloway because he really is a guy who fans should love but he was really put into a position early of playing more minutes than he probably was ready for.  But he plays hard in every aspect of the game.  Hoping that he develops some kind of shot.  Geronimo probably has a decent ceiling.  Lander is probably the wild card despite easily being ranked the highest of them....if he can scratch his potential and show why he was ranked so high, that would be great.  Leal is likely a guy who is going to be a designated shooter....a Roth/Zeisloft type.  If he could develop into the player that Zeisloft was a sernior, I'd take it.

8 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

Overall not terribly impressed with this freshmen class. Im still holding out hope Lander can live up to his ranking. Wondering if Geronimo can develop beyond just being a good athlete. Galloway should go play TE for Allen. Has Hustle but not much skill. Leal is probably in over his head at this level. Honestly none of them see the floor on a good team at this point.

You really just need a coach who can unlock guys. Somdone who can put guys in positions to win. Oddly enough, all of these guys would have been better under Crean. Leal is likely to end up the most important of the group. The IQ, vision, hustle from the 4 was higher than any other group we have collectively. 

14 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

You really just need a coach who can unlock guys. Somdone who can put guys in positions to win. Oddly enough, all of these guys would have been better under Crean. Leal is likely to end up the most important of the group. The IQ, vision, hustle from the 4 was higher than any other group we have collectively. 

Maybe. Ivey and Edey look light years ahead of our freshmen at this point.

Such a fitting summary of IU basketball.

“I feel like I know all their (Indiana’s) plays,” Stefanovic said.  “I feel like I know what they want to do.  I’ve studied them a lot, I’ve watched a lot of film on them, I kind of know the play calls that they give out, and I’m just anticipating where the pass is going and that is all it was.”

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/probably-not-a-good-thing-purdue-guard-said-he-knew-all-of-indianas-plays/?fbclid=IwAR3iX2JNsnWlqONPw791Zirm9jbxoSeVDI-v3VIpxPW7EsYUJMEg90PLXEY

50 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

“I feel like I know all their (Indiana’s) plays,” Stefanovic said.  “I feel like I know what they want to do.  I’ve studied them a lot, I’ve watched a lot of film on them, I kind of know the play calls that they give out, and I’m just anticipating where the pass is going and that is all it was.”

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/probably-not-a-good-thing-purdue-guard-said-he-knew-all-of-indianas-plays/?fbclid=IwAR3iX2JNsnWlqONPw791Zirm9jbxoSeVDI-v3VIpxPW7EsYUJMEg90PLXEY

Maybe he can teach them to our players because sometimes I don’t think they know the plays. 

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Literally the exact same thing Ayo said after the first Illinois game. It’s too predictable of an offense