Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

Game Thread: Indiana vs Michigan State (8PM EST BTN)

I'm not even mad but it's like B1G officiating.....call it the same both ways man

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Yea I just don't want to see you get a suspension over nothing. Its not a big deal. How do you know when a post is deleted? I never go look I guess. This is a great board

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yea I just don't want to see you get a suspension over nothing. Its not a big deal. How do you know when a post is deleted? I never go look I guess. This is a great board

It is a great board and honestly without you guys I'm not sure how I would've handled this season. It's good to see if others are feeling the same as you. I have my brother who is a poster here but he's only one guy lol.

Just now, rcs29 said:

I apologize for going after a poster. My opinion on the matter remains the same.....Archie done.

Thanks my friend, and yes...Archie done.

I was just pm-ing a very smart IU fan and we agree. Archie is a pretty good guy and this situation is untenable for him too. He’s gonna be as onboard with “Archie done at IU” as anyone else soon.

7 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Lol.. NO ONE is in any danger of a suspension whatsoever! All is good (other than IU b-ball)

48 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Starts with coaching. After the f bomb 2 iu players are consoling tjd. Really an assistant should have bee. There telling tjd what he needed to hear and getting everyone head in the mission ahead. I know players can do that but in this instance the entire thing looked damaging to those involved and after that moment things fell apart imo

Should have been the end of his night.  He wasn't playing all the well anyway.  

Not going through 41 pages. Units meeting night at the Shrine in Terre Haute. Had the bar then ran my Unit's meeting after the main meeting. Saw very little of the game, but kept tabs through the ESPN app. Cliff notes, please? Look like they could have won? Foul discrepancy? Missed bunnies, AGAIN? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G986U using BtownBanners mobile app

3 hours ago, pappy1865 said:

Not going through 41 pages. Units meeting night at the Shrine in Terre Haute. Had the bar then ran my Unit's meeting after the main meeting. Saw very little of the game, but kept tabs through the ESPN app. Cliff notes, please? Look like they could have won? Foul discrepancy? Missed bunnies, AGAIN? Thanks in advance.

I didn't see it, but box score shows 10%(!) from 3 and sub 33% from the field....that hurt to look at.

7 hours ago, pappy1865 said:

No one had a great game from either side for 35 minutes, in spite of that bad shooting on our side, they were just as bad. Big 1.0 refs are Big 1.0 refs, they called every hand check but allowed tackling, over the back, and Race looked like he fought a tiger. It was 51-51 around 4 minutes left and like the 1st IU/MSU game, they hit shots and we collapsed.

8 hours ago, pappy1865 said:

2-20 shooting from the 3 pt line, Phinisee kept us in the game, then we didn't give him the ball the last 10 minutes. TJD was having a temper tantrum most of the game. Race is tough as nails. Way too many whistles. Aaron Henry took over the last 4-5 minutes of the game. They gave him the ball on iso's and for some reason, we never doubled. 

10 hours ago, coonhounds said:

Starts with coaching. After the f bomb 2 iu players are consoling tjd. Really an assistant should have bee. There telling tjd what he needed to hear and getting everyone head in the mission ahead. I know players can do that but in this instance the entire thing looked damaging to those involved and after that moment things fell apart imo

I hope in a close game like that assistants have more important things to be doing than babysitting a 20-year-old temper tantrum. We should have been figuring out how we were going to double-team Henry to finish the game.

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I hope in a close game like that assistants have more important things to be doing than babysitting a 20-year-old temper tantrum. We should have been figuring out how we were going to double-team Henry to finish the game.

I'm likely in the minority, but I thought Galloway was doing a decent job on Henry. He's going to get his points and I think he had 12 at the time when Archie put the starters back in after the under 4 TV timeout. It wasn't until then that he went off for 10 straight or whatever it was. Hunter is probably our best offensive player, or at least has the highest ceiling as he can shoot a little, but he can't guard Henry from both a strength standpoint or quickness standpoint. That's not what cost us the game, don't mistake me, but just something I noted when I saw the starters put back in and sure enough things fell apart from there on.

4 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

I'm likely in the minority, but I thought Galloway was doing a decent job on Henry. He's going to get his points and I think he had 12 at the time when Archie put the starters back in after the under 4 TV timeout. It wasn't until then that he went off for 10 straight or whatever it was. Hunter is probably our best offensive player, or at least has the highest ceiling as he can shoot a little, but he can't guard Henry from both a strength standpoint or quickness standpoint. That's not what cost us the game, don't mistake me, but just something I noted when I saw the starters put back in and sure enough things fell apart from there on.

I totally agree Trey was working his butt off trying to guard Henry. Picked up a cheap foul or two battling for position. When Henry got hot you had to send a double team to get the ball out of his hands

No one had a great game from either side for 35 minutes, in spite of that bad shooting on our side, they were just as bad. Big 1.0 refs are Big 1.0 refs, they called every hand check but allowed tackling, over the back, and Race looked like he fought a tiger. It was 51-51 around 4 minutes left and like the 1st IU/MSU game, they hit shots and we collapsed.
2-20 shooting from the 3 pt line, Phinisee kept us in the game, then we didn't give him the ball the last 10 minutes. TJD was having a temper tantrum most of the game. Race is tough as nails. Way too many whistles. Aaron Henry took over the last 4-5 minutes of the game. They gave him the ball on iso's and for some reason, we never doubled. 
Thanks!

Might have been busy figuring more ways to run Galloway off of multiple baseline screens, looking for a shot. No....not Al, not Rob, not Jerome, not Tony, but Trey Galloway. “Bold Strategy, Cotton.”

Hunter’s foul trouble was unfortunate in respect to Henry. He didn’t seem to attack Jerome the way he did Leal, Galloway and Lander. His length and athleticism at the very least, didn’t have Henry licking his chops when he saw who was covering him.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, cappymo14 said:

Might have been busy figuring more ways to run Galloway off of multiple baseline screens, looking for a shot. No....not Al, not Rob, not Jerome, not Tony, but Trey Galloway. “Bold Strategy, Cotton.”

Hunter’s foul trouble was unfortunate in respect to Henry. He didn’t seem to attack Jerome the way he did Leal, Galloway and Lander. His length and athleticism at the very least, didn’t have Henry licking his chops when he saw who was covering him.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I could be mistaken, but Hunter's foul trouble was in large part from trying to guard Henry. One of those fouls was from that awful reach on a post entry, but I was thinking most of his other fouls was his inability to keep Henry in front of him and falling for pump fakes and getting in the air or not going straight up on Henry. Galloway was at least putting a chest into Henry making things difficult for him, but I'll totally agree with your take that Galloway is not a threat on offense and shouldn't be in a position to take screens looking to shoot.

51 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I'm with Crean on this one because I know exactly what he would have done about Henry. Just as when Crean had Yogi, we have exactly one perimeter defender who is a lock to keep a guy from hurting us off the bounce. There is no doubt in my mind that Rob Phinisse should have been picking up Henry in the half court, and getting help on the block if Henry got position down low.