Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Rico

2021 Cincinnat Reds

Well, it has been a disappointing IU basketball season...time to turn my attention to my beloved Reds.  They, too, disappointed me last season.  But hopefully they don't fall to their losing ways this year.

reds logo.jpg

1 hour ago, jonz44 said:

They have a lot of if's but I believe they have the potential to be decent. I'm hoping. Wish they could do well for Votto's sake. 

I just hope Votto starts hitting like Votto.

1 hour ago, Rico said:

I just hope Votto starts hitting like Votto.

I don't think he's ever going to be pre-2018 Joey again but anything in the neighborhood of 2018 would be awesome. Father Time eventually wins all athletic competitions. 

1 hour ago, jonz44 said:

I don't think he's ever going to be pre-2018 Joey again but anything in the neighborhood of 2018 would be awesome. Father Time eventually wins all athletic competitions. 

Him taking pitches all the time does not help the Redlegs' cause.

4 hours ago, Rico said:

Him taking pitches all the time does not help the Redlegs' cause.

I never had a problem with that. Now it's just the inability to punish pitchers on pitches inside the strike zone. He's always been one of my favourites but ya know the decline is inevitable. 

14 hours ago, jonz44 said:

I never had a problem with that. Now it's just the inability to punish pitchers on pitches inside the strike zone. He's always been one of my favourites but ya know the decline is inevitable. 

I respectfully disagree.  Joey is supposed to be a run producer.  If there is a guy on third with less than two out, his job is to get them in not draw a walk.

On 3/2/2021 at 5:59 PM, jonz44 said:

You realize that Joey was on pace for over 30 HR's last year if it would've been a full season. Joey's biggest problem has been himself and overthinking things and he finally admitted that this spring training and that's why he's now just trying to hit the ball hard and drive in runs while not trying to outsmart the umpire on every pitch like he has in the past. 

Reds Rotation

1. Gray 

2. Castillo

3. Mahle

4. Antone/Miley

5. Lorenzen 

I like Antone in the rotation but I also like him in the bullpen. He needs to prove he can make it through the lineup more than once. 

10 hours ago, ap2345 said:

You realize that Joey was on pace for over 30 HR's last year if it would've been a full season. Joey's biggest problem has been himself and overthinking things and he finally admitted that this spring training and that's why he's now just trying to hit the ball hard and drive in runs while not trying to outsmart the umpire on every pitch like he has in the past. 

Joey finished very strong in the power department to somewhat skew that stat. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out over a full season and the tail end of his career. Eric Davis is my all- time favorite Reds player but Joey is probably in my top 3 (JB is probably 2nd). I'm definitely rooting for him. 

10 hours ago, ap2345 said:

Reds Rotation

1. Gray 

2. Castillo

3. Mahle

4. Antone/Miley

5. Lorenzen 

I like Antone in the rotation but I also like him in the bullpen. He needs to prove he can make it through the lineup more than once. 

Gray and Castillo have the potential to be lethal at the top of that rotation. 

On 3/4/2021 at 9:09 AM, ap2345 said:

Reds Rotation

1. Gray 

2. Castillo

3. Mahle

4. Antone/Miley

5. Lorenzen 

Mahle needs to step up...but that rotation works for me.

16 hours ago, jonz44 said:

Gray and Castillo have the potential to be lethal at the top of that rotation. 

Potential?  C'mon.  Those guys already have proven themselves to be quality SP's. 

18 hours ago, ap2345 said:

Reds lineup for today

Suarez at SS

Moose at 3B 

Suarez came up as a SS.  That was quite a few pounds ago though.

1 hour ago, Rico said:

Suarez came up as a SS.  That was quite a few pounds ago though.

He dropped 15 entering the season and looks to be in just as good of shape as Farmer. 

On 3/16/2021 at 1:15 PM, ap2345 said:

Reds lineup for today

Suarez at SS

Moose at 3B 

Still seeing that line-up in Cactus League play.  India starting  at 2B?