Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LIHoosier

IU vs Michigan Game Thread - 2/27/21 Noon FOX

I like our kids and really want them to succeed. At this point however, collectively they are just not good enough to compete at the top of the conference. Wish it wasn't true, but it is.

12 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

This can't be enjoyable for Archie. Maybe he will cut a deal on the buyout just to get out of dodge.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

That’s crazy.

It will only be year 5.

Next year will be his first year without any of the dreaded  “Creanians”

The players have started to learn the pack line and are going to start learning the offense next year.

The train is getting ready to take off and we need to get on board.

Just now, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

We suck and I can't wait until Archie is gone. At this point, Lander, Leal and Geronimo are the only guys I care about returning. 

Well we only have one guy coming in plus Parker so we’ll need more than that but I completely understand the sentiment. Can we just claim covid and sit the rest of this season out?

IU didn't play too bad. Michigan is just a much better team with better players who can shoot.  TJD cannot shoot against big players. He missed a bunch of shots because he just throws them up there. There is no way he can thrive in the NBA until he develops a shot--any shot including 2 footers. Galloway has no business playing against a team like this. He can't shoot and he is too slow to guard most players at his position. Phinisee and Lander played pretty well together and should have been playing together more.  We got killed on the boards. Two more games and hopefully the fans will be put out of their misery. If Archie is fired IU better hire a coach with stature. Otherwise, the fans will have no faith that the new coach will be any better than the old one.

3 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

That’s crazy.

It will only be year 5.

Next year will be his first year without any of the dreaded  “Creanians”

The players have started to learn the pack line and are going to start learning the offense next year.

The train is getting ready to take off and we need to get on board.

I fully agree. Archie should not be judged until all Crean players are fully gone from the program!

Extend Archie! 

/sarcasm 

Another swing and a miss. 
Season is done early again. 
Michigan, very good and disciplined men. 
Al, thank you for being a Hoosier. Good luck!

I would start Lander over Phinisee at this point. 
TJD better stick around.  He has no position in the NBA. UNless Europe is your thing.  Also, he kind of killed us today. If you don’t have a shot, kick it out. He forced a lot and we pod the price. 
Archie has some life decisions to make soon. Better start the Pros and Cons list. 

I get that Michigan is good. The question is why are we so bad. Quite honestly, Miller said all the right things when he came in, but hasn’t lived up to anything. I mean nothing. There is nothing to look forward to if they retain him for another year. It will just be more of the same, he has said it himself. He is failing in nearly every aspect of the game and the program.

1 minute ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Remember when we went into Michigan vs the Trey Burke Wolverines and took the BIG title for ourselves? That is a nice memory. 

Jordan Morgan's shot sat on the rim for a long time.

Nored, Micah, Fife.
 Thanks 

If Fife is a realistic option I’m done. That’s the most settling of hires imaginable. Hiring anyone’s assistant to be our next head coach isn’t realistic and should never be considered by a “blue blood” program.

Sadly we are a long ways off “blue blood” status and I’m not sure anyone who matters, cares.

Can you imagine Kentucky or Duke hiring an assistant coach to run their program right now?

Until we start acting like winners, we will never have a chance.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I can think of four positives:

-It was good to see Lander go north-south a few times. 

-At the end of the game we found a good free throw shooter (unfortunately he is a senior walk-on).

-College games only last 40 minutes rather than the 48 in the NBA. 

-We won’t lose another home game this season.