Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LIHoosier

IU vs Michigan Game Thread - 2/27/21 Noon FOX

21 minutes ago, Treesh said:

TJD ready for the NBA huh? 

Dude has 5 points vs a non NBA big man. Does he know who he would be going up against each night in the NBA? LMAO

Dickinson isn't an NBA big man? He's impressed me more than Garza has. Asked to do far less but has some movement to him that I just didn't see from Garza. TJD was able to run circles around Garza in the first matchup and Dickinson is owning TJD today.

Without Al this would be way worse. Happy for him on an individual level.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

He has his flaws, but he has worked to get better every year and always goes hard. He's consistently had to play a more significant role than he should have because of lack of surrounding talent. He's an ideal 6th/7th man, and I think if he would have been able to play that role, his flaws would not have been as exposed and he would have gotten a lot of love from IU fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He might, but it won’t be for free and right now who’s taking this job? 
Why wouldn't they? It's about as bad as it gets so any improvement will be appreciated. The next coach is actually going to come in at an opportune time in regards to fan expectations imo.

Just now, KzooHoosier82 said:

He might, but it won’t be for free and right now who’s taking this job? 

Exactly! 

Just now, kreigh8 said:

Dickinson isn't an NBA big man? He's impressed me more than Garza has. Asked to do far less and has some movement to me that I just didn't see from Garza. TJD was able to run circles around Garza in the first matchup and Dickinson is owning TJD today.

He hasn’t impressed me too much, he’s just huge. Like I’ll note for TJD and primarily for TJD, how is he going to be able to guard Embiid, Sabonis, Jokic?? 

How will TJD be able to defend ball screens in the NBA with Steph Curry? Jamal Murray, Dame Lillard? 

Just now, Treesh said:

Exactly! 

He hasn’t impressed me too much, he’s just huge. Like I’ll note for TJD and primarily for TJD, how is he going to be able to guard Embiid, Sabonis, Jokic?? 

How will TJD be able to defend ball screens in the NBA with Steph Curry? Jamal Murray, Dame Lillard? 

No argument from me there about guarding those guys you listed so I'll take your word for it, as I don't really care nor pay attention to the NBA. But just in terms of guarding TJD, Dickinson has shown to be light years ahead of what Garza showed.

5 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

Dickinson isn't an NBA big man? He's impressed me more than Garza has. Asked to do far less but has some movement to him that I just didn't see from Garza. TJD was able to run circles around Garza in the first matchup and Dickinson is owning TJD today.

Dickinson will end up being a classic NBA big. Probably a Cody Zeller type of role though maybe a 1/10th of the athelticism. 

Why wouldn't they? It's about as bad as it gets so any improvement will be appreciated. The next coach is actually going to come in at an opportune time in regards to fan expectations imo.

If we hire a new coach, and he can get TJD to stay, I would think this would be a very attractive job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, kreigh8 said:

No argument from me there about guarding those guys you listed so I'll take your word for it, as I don't really care nor pay attention to the NBA. But just in terms of guarding TJD, Dickinson has shown to be light years ahead of what Garza showed.

Yeah good thing for this young fella is that’s he’s only a freshman right? Being 7’2” helps. Garza won’t sniff the floor in the NBA.