Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Archie. Miller. Fired.

Y’all best start getting used to that “I hope he doesn’t make it” defense. Or pack line, or whatever you like to call that turd magnet now. That buyout would be outrageous in a normal year.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

14 minutes ago, cappymo14 said:

Y’all best start getting used to that “I hope he doesn’t make it” defense. Or pack line, or whatever you like to call that turd magnet now. That buyout would be outrageous in a normal year.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

(Sigh...)

I've posted this before, but maybe if I post it in all caps, enough IU fans who get on the Internet might notice it:

THE BUYOUT IS NOT $10 MILLION UP FRONT. 

I hope more eyeballs start seeing this. Our athletic department probably wants our fans to think the buyout is too much money so we'll resign ourselves to our fate and they won't have to do anything. Everyone please learn how this stuff works. 

(Sigh...)
I've posted this before, but maybe if I post it in all caps, enough IU fans who get on the Internet might notice it:

I hope more eyeballs start seeing this. Our athletic department probably wants our fans to think the buyout is too much money so we'll resign ourselves to our fate and they won't have to do anything. Everyone please learn how this stuff works. 
We all know that. I'm sure Dolson knows it. Having said that, the powers that be(excluding Dolson) may still think it is too high because of revenue loss. IMO, that is why people still say the whole figure.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, theriverpilot said:

Or in another scenario Dolson could also say:

"This sucks, doesn't it?  But Archie is our coach and I fully support him to right the ship". 

That hasn't happened and Archie's seat is way hot.  That's pretty telling to me.  Why let Archie wallow in the "fire him" pit if you're bringing him back next season?  Where's that vote of confidence?

I get your point but there are typically gallows humor jokes about an AD’s “vote of confidence”. 
Everyone realizes those votes of confidence usually mean “we know he sucks but haven’t nailed down a plan B yet”.

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

(Sigh...)

I'm not sure that you get that we UNDERSTAND that.  It's still $10 million as opposed to $3 million after next year, which means a buy out next year saves the University $7 million.    That's not an insignificant amount of money regardless of the terms of when it gets paid, especially when the athletic department is down monetarily.  

That said, my opinion is that IU will be moving on from Archie after the season, most likely with a mutual agreement and a value negotiated lower than $10 million.

5 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Go ahead and tell me my anger is misdirected, I don't care. But hearing Purdue fans talking smack about "the big game" tomorrow, I find myself absolutely despising Archie Miller. Has he given his best effort here? Probably. Is he a bad person? Probably not. But we never struggled against Purdue like this until this bozo came along. Can't wait until he's out of here and we actually get to experience a victory against those idiots again. These last 5 years have been an embarrassment. 

As long as they are having ticker tape parades or banner ceremonies in Purdue, let them talk their smack.  They still have to go home to the fat wives and ugly children.

3 hours ago, Pudman said:

Been following this forum for years, but it’s my first post (my profile says that I just joined, but I had to change my profile name, because I had initially signed up using my IU username and would like to stay anonymous)!

Anyways, I am a faculty member at IU and was talking with my 5 of my students today about IU basketball. I asked them what their thoughts were about Archie, and they all groaned and said that they want him gone. Not a representative sample by any means of the student pulse, but those students are certainly ready to move on and start enjoying IU basketball again!

First off, thanks for posting, my question is do you know if these 5 students are all friends(in the same click)?  Was it just 5 random kids that you don't normally seeing hanging together?  Curious minds need to know.  

I don't know how many of you are in business, but you need to take the loss up front if it is going to make you money in the backend!  Especially if you know you are bleeding to death slowly with what you have.  You can't afford to do that unless you truly believe in what you have!  What does this administration think we have?  We shall see!

46 minutes ago, Ryno6284 said:

I don't know how many of you are in business, but you need to take the loss up front if it is going to make you money in the backend!  Especially if you know you are bleeding to death slowly with what you have.  You can't afford to do that unless you truly believe in what you have!  What does this administration think we have?  We shall see!

What evidence, in terms of basketball, do you have that they will make the right decision to make the initial upfront loss payoff in the end?!  The administration needs to realize the potential and MAKE CHANGES that they haven't made in quite some time.  I have less than zero confidence this administration can or will make the right decisions.

7 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

What evidence, in terms of basketball, do you have that they will make the right decision to make the initial upfront loss payoff in the end?!  The administration needs to realize the potential and MAKE CHANGES that they haven't made in quite some time.  I have less than zero confidence this administration can or will make the right decisions.

Glass' @$$ is grass baby.  Dolson gonna do it up right

They can look at the ratings from last game. These message boards. The social media posts. Alot of emails. Then they can look at what could be if iu was winning again. They know winning would Regain profits. Imo this is a absolute done deal i am not even worried. I think glass saw this coming and got out before he had to deal with it

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

They can look at the ratings from last game. These message boards. The social media posts. Alot of emails. Then they can look at what could be if iu was winning again. They know winning would Regain profits. Imo this is a absolute done deal i am not even worried. I think glass saw this coming and got out before he had to deal with it

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1-10, 10 being absolute confidence

How confident are you that IU makes a great hire when the job opens?

2 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

1-10, 10 being absolute confidence

How confident are you that IU makes a great hire when the job opens?

7.  Anything is an improvement.  Firing this guy and replacing him gets them 5 points instantly.  I have (7 points worth of) faith.  We're due

21 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I have zero confidence that they will, I'm just saying the people with money know how it should work.  At least most of them.  Now whether or not they know basketball, I have no idea.  I'm just talking business wise.

1 minute ago, HoosierAloha said:

You're saying that any hire is a 5?  That's going to go well..

If they hire Tom Crean again it's worth 5 for firing Archie.  It can only go up from there.  I'm so ready for him to be gone

Just now, Ryno6284 said:

I have zero confidence that they will, I'm just saying the people with money know how it should work.  At least most of them.  Now whether or not they know basketball, I have no idea.  I'm just talking business wise.

And in business, if those with the authority to make the decisions about who to hire and they keep ******* it up, what happens?!  They're gone!  Wish that were the case.