Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Archie. Miller. Fired.

I disagree. I think it very likely he’s back next season. It’s too much money.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app
If he is back then iu is clearly done with basketball. No way he is back it would be devastating. Iu needs to come out now and say he is back or this is going to brew into a ugly storm imo

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Ryno6284 said:

Back to your original point.  People with disposable money will always have money to give.  I'm sure most donors already have a certain amount of money penciled in for IU every year.  They need to for tax purposes.  As far as extra donations, yes that could waiver if the administration keeps dicking up hire after hire!

Is 20+ years of bad hires enough? LOL

7 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Cuban is on record saying he will not be giving money to Fire Archie.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Good for him, you got Jane Pauley's #?

12 hours ago, Ryno6284 said:

So did I, I wonder where it went sideways and why he couldn't fix it?

I think it is just a matter of stubbornness.  This is what worked at Dayton, so why change?  Hard lesson to learn, but maybe not so hard with a $10 mil cushion.   

35 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think Carl Cook is the one who I'd call first. If that call hasn't been made then we're in trouble. Carl has about 5 more billion than Cuban

Wikipedia tells me his a Purdue grad. MBA from Iowa. I'm making the assumption that his family's name is the one displayed on our practice facility. But would he actually give money? 

1 minute ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Wikipedia tells me his a Purdue grad. MBA from Iowa. I'm making the assumption that his family's name is the one displayed on our practice facility. But would he actually give money? 

They've given more money than we can ever imagine to this university. When we needed a practice facility his dad Bill wrote a check for 6 million on the spot. The business is filled with IU grads and used to have many former players. Still a few in there. 

An interesting read. Doesn't really reach a conclusion -- other than Dolson has a lot to consider when pondering Archie's future -- but there's plenty to digest. 

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-the-archie-miller-question-and-all-that-could-go-into-answering-it/?fbclid=IwAR13dyN-xX9MoJi6aJvoeq4GMNFWw8gvKv06VkLDOrliEiwXsdm-00q9j2w

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

They've given more money than we can ever imagine to this university. When we needed a practice facility his dad Bill wrote a check for 6 million on the spot. The business is filled with IU grads and used to have many former players. Still a few in there. 

Cool. I was wondering if Carl is the rogue son who turns off the spigot while evil laughing into the night. If I were in his position and Purdue were in ours, would I do that? I'm not definitely saying "yes".........wait, no, I am. I'm definitively saying "yes". 

2 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Cool. I was wondering if Carl is the rogue son who turns off the spigot while evil laughing into the night. If I were in his position and Purdue were in ours, would I do that? I'm not definitely saying "yes".........wait, no, I am. I'm definitively saying "yes". 

Carl has always been described as different. If he doesn't want to give then go to Gayle Cook his mom, she is worth 6.2 billion. 

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

I think Carl Cook is the one who I'd call first. If that call hasn't been made then we're in trouble. Carl has about 5 more billion than Cuban

I was just thinking from the media aspect.  Pauley and Sage Steele could do wonders raising money.