Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Archie. Miller. Fired.

Have we had any long pauses because of Covid?  I know the pandemic has been hitting some programs really hard and I thought we had one period in the summer and maybe one during the season but all in all we have been kind of fortunate with that unless I am forgetting 

13 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Amazing to think Archie Miller has a chance to be one of the worst coaches in Indiana’s History, statistically.  

actually kinda shocking, even to me, who didn’t love the hire.  

He is already there with 4 straight years without being over .500 in the conference.

9-9 (6th) best finish with 100% Crean players.

8-12 (9th) 

9-11 (10th)

7-11 (10th) at this point.

Nebraska is the only BT team that has lost more home games this season than IU.

So we know our competitors and their shoe friends are shelling out 100 of thousands of dollars for recruits to come play for them but we can't afford 10 million over three years offset by future income to get rid of this terrible coach?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, coonhounds said:

So we know our competitors and their shoe friends are shelling out 100 of thousands of dollars for recruits to come play for them but we can't afford 10 million over three years offset by future income to get rid of this terrible coach?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It's an excuse based off of misinformation.  It's happening brother

Arch’s resume is so goddamn bad. I don’t think he’s a terrible coach but he’s a terrible fit for Indiana. We are in such a deep hole that we absolutely have to hit a grand slam with the next hire. Dolson needs to swing for the fences. No more hiring a young up and comer. No hiring a guy who has flash in the pan seasons. And DEFINITELY not coaches who haven’t proven themselves at all (Fife). We need a big name and a big winner, period. That’s the only way we get out of this pit, imho. 

* I have to say this. Ive never been more embarrassed in my life to be an Indiana fan. The entire tournament is in Indiana. This will NEVER happen again in our lifetime’s. We will have our 5th straight season of not being able to pencil our teams name onto the bracket. There is no goddamn excuse for this ****. None. How has this been able to happen over 3 decades? We have a group of imbeciles running this program. ****!

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

The only things to unite an IU fan base.

1. Winning Streaks
2. Coaching Searches

We can’t have 1, so we will unite again for 2.

It’s time.

PS-A big part of me gutwrenches for Archie because he’s better than this, and I hate to see someone fail so miserably. Self doubt and hate. Can’t be easy for him but I’m not empathetic enough to want him to keep his job. The 2021 recruiting cycle played out almost as though all the recruits already knew. Odd.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

The recruits seem to be fortune tellers bc of the sharks in the water that Archie swims in. The opposing coaches absolutely plant seeds. Archie watered them. 

1. Winning Streaks
2. Coaching Searches

It’s time.

PS-A big part of me gutwrenches for Archie because he’s better than this, and I hate to see someone fail so miserably. Self doubt and hate. Can’t be easy for him but I’m not empathetic enough to want him to keep his job. The 2021 recruiting cycle played out almost as though all the recruits already knew. Odd.

I agree that Archie is better which makes me worry that there is some truth to there being other/admin problems here. But then you look at Crean doing worse now and maybe it is just the wrong guys.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

8 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

1. Winning Streaks
2. Coaching Searches

It’s time.

This is such a great post from top to bottom