Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Archie. Miller. Fired.

3 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

My question to most of you in this thread.  If Archie is back next year will you be back or will that be the breaking point where you will not follow until he is gone?  I’m hoping you will all be back even if he is still here.   Another question if he is back then how many pages will this thread be at by the end of next season?   

People will Sam Story the **** out of it but will be right back here next season bitching and moaning about the same stupid **** that we always do, me included.

I have a nephew at Purdue. If Archie is back I might as well be a Purdue fan. I like their roster. I love their recruiting class. I kinda like Porkchop as a coach. I think I’m going to go vomit.......

Purdue will be better than IU for 3-4 years at minimum.

Gawdddddd. What have you done Archie?!?!?!?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I have a nephew at Purdue. If Archie is back I might as well be a Purdue fan. I like their roster. I love their recruiting class. I kinda like Porkchop as a coach. I think I’m going to go vomit.......

Purdue will be better than IU for 3-4 years at minimum.

Gawdddddd. What have you done Archie?!?!?!?

Nah, **** Purdue.

Nah, **** Purdue.

My son always tells me I should root for someone else, it would be easier that way. When I was 10-15 I liked Michigan and the fab5. I normally root for the Zags. They are my second team, although we need them to lose a game soon. I’ll never root for Purdue, but I do like their roster a lot. It’s sad.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

My son always tells me I should root for someone else, it would be easier that way. When I was 10-15 I liked Michigan and the fab5. I normally root for the Zags. They are my second team, although we need them to lose a game soon. I’ll never root for Purdue, but I do like their roster a lot. It’s sad.

I had no choice and for about half of my life I was fine with that. Although I was also brought up to root for ND football but that never made since to me so I suffered from that aspect for about 80% of my life. Things are weird at IU these days. Par for the course as this whole world seems to get weirder by the day.

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

I never had a choice in who I liked. My clothes, bibs, bottles, everything was IU. My first word was “Uwe.” Growing up in southern Indiana, I never minded Purdue much, as there were bigger fish to fry in that disgusting state underneath us. But, I don’t think I could actively root for Purdue in anything. Butler is okay I guess. Indiana State? Notre Dame was the hot thing for a second when “Rudy” came out. Out of state, I suppose I like any underdog or B1G team with a couple of exceptions.

I remember when we were supposed to root for Texas Tech...more than one older IU fan jumped ship and didn’t even care (or pretended not to care) about the 2002 Final Four because it was more about Knight than the school or team (I find that pattern to be consistent with...other things as well).  

I don’t have any idea if I will root for IU next year or not if Archie stays. Most likely I will, because it’s so embedded into my DNA and I root for the school I attended, but I won’t enjoy it. I rarely even watch games anymore, I just refresh Google, which is about as fun as seeing the game.

8 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I never liked the fab five but did become a fan of the 1989 (I think) Michigan team with Glenn Rice, Loy Vaught and Shawn Higgins

12 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Speaking of my son, we just won an incredible game tonight at Spiece. We were down 21-6. Hit a tying shot with 20 seconds left. Never had 1 lead. Won in OT. Incredible.

Nice!

Has Spiece downsized in the number of basketball courts it has? If so which ones were eliminated?

2 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Mike Davis was fired for this. And yet we are wondering if Archie "deserves" another year. 

Screenshot_20210302-113542_Chrome.jpg

Wow... that says it all. One losing conference record in 6 years... Tournament 4 out of 6 years...

Back then, this wasn't considered success. Arch would get an extension for this.

10 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Mike Davis was fired for this. And yet we are wondering if Archie "deserves" another year. 

Screenshot_20210302-113542_Chrome.jpg

Really shows how far standards have fallen at IU. Take away the first two seasons and it’s still much better than Archie’s four years. 

Another good reason to fire Archie immediately instead of giving him another year...competition. 

UNC looks like it'll miss the tournament for the 2nd straight season.  We don't want to be looking for a coach the same year they are.  Archie has set this program so far back that we won't get first choice of available coaches to UNC. 

Coach K is a million years old, who knows how much longer he'll last at Duke.

UK fans are disgruntled at Calipari.  Might he be gone in another year?

Fire the bum now so we don't have to compete with higher stature schools for the best available coach.

My question to most of you in this thread.  If Archie is back next year will you be back or will that be the breaking point where you will not follow until he is gone?  I’m hoping you will all be back even if he is still here.   Another question if he is back then how many pages will this thread be at by the end of next season?   

I will be back, can’t get rid of me that easy. I fully expect Archie to be back and need my IU basketball fix, even if I quit watching after a few games :)
If he barely makes it into the tourney next year and he gets kept, then I will seriously question my fandom for IU basketball. Don’t get me wrong, this is 100% unacceptable with what is going on right now. I think a change needs to be made now, but I also understand the buyout being a major obstacle to overcome. If he’s kept after next season for another mediocre to bad season, then all of us will have a legitimate excuse for considering finding a new team.
I get some that are done next year in his 5th season, totally get it, but I’m waiting till buyout goes down before jumping off.
Also, am I really weird thinking Archie could still turn it around next year?! Lol. It’s on him for the players we have, but who could have imagined Rob being this bad? Either way I think he’s gone after next season, but a weird little feeling still says he could turn it around with the right players.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Screenshot_20210302-113542_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3f0814a9c75a4f66f9279c120801cc04.jpg
Well now we have to keep coaches so we don't scare off other coaching candidates in the future just because we would prefer to win a few ball games from time to time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Well now we have to keep coaches so we don't scare off other coaching candidates in the future just because we would prefer to win a few ball games from time to time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yeah imo that's a chicken **** attitude to have.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

57 minutes ago, Josh said:

Another good reason to fire Archie immediately instead of giving him another year...competition. 

UNC looks like it'll miss the tournament for the 2nd straight season.  We don't want to be looking for a coach the same year they are.  Archie has set this program so far back that we won't get first choice of available coaches to UNC. 

Coach K is a million years old, who knows how much longer he'll last at Duke.

UK fans are disgruntled at Calipari.  Might he be gone in another year?

Fire the bum now so we don't have to compete with higher stature schools for the best available coach.

Add Izzo to this list. I fully expect some chance at top programs post covid.