Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Archie. Miller. Fired.

6 hours ago, MemphisHoosier said:

I am curious to see how the glut of transfers impact APR scores across the country, hopefully the good folks in Indy have taken this into account...

In the offseason, if a player has good academic standing they can transfer/go pro with no APR penalty. 

21 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I look at it differently.  It could take a while if he only made a minimal effort but I think there would be low and mid-major schools interested in his background of having coached in the B1G and the recruiting connections he has and wouldn't be that hung up on his IU coaching record.  

This.  You can't look at it as low and mid majors wouldn't take him. To them, he is a 42 year old coach who has already amassed 200 career wins, won 64% of the games he coached and taken a mid major to an elite eight.  They aren't looking for a guy who could succeed at Indiana......those guys aren't going to stay long at their school anyway.  

10 hours ago, Josh said:

Yeah...I just googled it and saw that O$U payed him a $9M buyout after he resigned.  Weird stuff happening there.  

He “resigned” from a job in which they told him he had to go. It was a political-type, keep up appearances, we love each other, “mutually agreed upon” parting of the ways that was in effect a firing.

7 hours ago, DChoosier said:

He “resigned” from a job in which they told him he had to go. It was a political-type, keep up appearances, we love each other, “mutually agreed upon” parting of the ways that was in effect a firing.

I'm intrigued by Matta, but whatever happened at the end at OSU has me worried. 

2 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I continue waking up daily hoping to see the headline "Indiana fires Archie Miller after 4 seasons."

lol well the 4th season isn't over (only because there are still 3ish games to be played). Give it another two weeks for that to be possible. 

2 minutes ago, bleedhoosier said:

You all are about to eat your words when we run the table in BTT and go a dancin..

That would be completely excellent. Archie would get at least one more year, and he will have earned it.

Franklin would have to play and play really well for us to beat any of the upper half of the B1G.

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

That would be completely excellent. Archie would get at least one more year, and he will have earned it.

Franklin would have to play and play really well for us to beat any of the upper half of the B1G.

8 teams locked into the tournament already and teams could possibly catch them on a day where they might not be trying as hard or possibly resting players.  Bubble teams will be fighting hard in that tournament.   If IU was to make a run in the B1G tournament this would be the one 

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Yea... I'd say you still fire him. We've got enough evidence to show any postives are just flukes. 

13 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Yea... I'd say you still fire him. We've got enough evidence to show any postives are just flukes. 

I would agree. I have never cheered for IU to tank/lose and I'm not gonna start now, but if winning the BTT somehow miraculously happened it would be a touch bitter-sweet, because would almost certainly delay the inevitable. As recently as a few weeks ago I still held out hope Archie could finish strong and turn the corner. Didn't expect it, but hoped.....that is all gone. I have seen enough to be convinced he isn't going to succeed at IU. Joey Brunk coming back next year, while nice, isn't gonna move the needle. Time to start over again.....I feel like Charlie Brown. 

I will say I would rather keep Archie another season rather than hire Alford though. That will be very hard to stomach. 

Something that hurts me more than the losses this season is the fact that we lost out on Kaufman to Purdue. I think it’s a telling sign thar we better get our sh!t together and get it together fast.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners