Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Archie. Miller. Fired.

53 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Nothing annoys me more than the “IU fans are out of control” crowd. Take any ‘blueblood’ program and put them through two decades like the past two that we’ve had. Let’s see how many of those fanbases aren’t pissed off too. 

“Oh IU fans are going to run off Archie.” No, it’s called he’s completely failed to meet any of the expectations. 

lol.....before we run him out?  Should we give him 7 years? 9 Years? maybe 10 years.  You stick this performance into any other Major program in the Country and a change would have already happened.  Kind of leads me to believe the administration has moved on to be excited by participation awards trophy's  

2 hours ago, Honkyman said:

Leadership starts at the top. If there is a leadership problem the coaching staff is to blame. Archie recruited the players and it is his responsibility to groom team leaders. Meanwhile, TJD's performance (20 points and 10 rebounds a game) is being wasted. Don't blame him. Blame the coaching staff for failing to provide the players and leaders to make TJD's game performances the key to a winning team. Jackson Davis is a sophomore. Team leadership usually comes from upperclassmen. Archie failed in developing the necessary leadership with the upperclassmen--or he failed to recruit players who are natural leaders.

I dont know what more you could want from TJD. He is the only elite performer in the whole program including staff.

3 hours ago, Jesus Shuttlesworth said:

Why do you want to make it personal?  Nope I didn’t play high school basketball.  Does that disqualify me for having an opinion and being a fan?  I was a cheerleader in high school and recently college.  I have seen plenty of high school and college basketball.  Plus my family are big basketball fans and my older brothers liked to take their little sister and shoot hoops.  

I completely disagree that “there is no player that plays hard all the time”.  He’s putting up 20/10.  I’m not saying he can’t play.  But those numbers don’t mean he has always played hard.  I mean like him or not Dan Dakich isn’t wrong with what he has said about him.  He has gotten better as the season has gone on as far as playing hard and his effort.  For me, guys that like to pound on their own chests without always playing hard and now wants to talk tough just isn’t my cup of tea.  This team needs a leader on the bench and on the court.  

It’s not personal.  I expected that answer from you if you were being honest.  There is no player that could bang and go as hard as he is 100% of the time with the load he has to pull.  Has he made mistakes?  Absolutely.  But questioning his motor tells me all I need to know this year.  There is a reason zero people agreed with the premise of your post.  Josh only liked your post cause we just don’t like each other and you questioned me making it personal.  It wouldn’t matter if your post was something 100% he disagreed with when it involves me.  I am guessing even he disagreed with your premise but that isn’t the discussion he wanted to join by liking your post.  

There is not one person other than you questioning his motor this year.  He has made lazy plays and I won’t disagree with that.  But he has earned his leeway.  But your initial issue was leadership.  Just because he is the best player does not mean he has to be the leader.  I have yet to play on a team at any level where the best player on my team was the leader.  It wasn’t personal.  I was legit asking for a reason.  Not saying you can’t have an opinion, but I hope you understand why we would feel your perspective is skewed.  

49 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

It’s not personal.  I expected that answer from you if you were being honest.  There is no player that could bang and go as hard as he is 100% of the time with the load he has to pull.  Has he made mistakes?  Absolutely.  But questioning his motor tells me all I need to know this year.  There is a reason zero people agreed with the premise of your post.  Josh only liked your post cause we just don’t like each other and you questioned me making it personal.  It wouldn’t matter if your post was something 100% he disagreed with when it involves me.  I am guessing even he disagreed with your premise but that isn’t the discussion he wanted to join by liking your post.  

There is not one person other than you questioning his motor this year.  He has made lazy plays and I won’t disagree with that.  But he has earned his leeway.  But your initial issue was leadership.  Just because he is the best player does not mean he has to be the leader.  I have yet to play on a team at any level where the best player on my team was the leader.  It wasn’t personal.  I was legit asking for a reason.  Not saying you can’t have an opinion, but I hope you understand why we would feel your perspective is skewed.  

I’m not on here to get likes lol.  I don’t post hoping people will agree with me.  A lot of posters on here don’t even watch the games.  I watch all the games.  A leader plays hard and doesn’t beat on his own chest.  I said he has gotten better but at the beginning of the year their were plenty of times he just wasn’t going hard.  He has said he is the leader of the team.  I didn’t say it.  I never said the best player has to be the leader of the team so I don’t know why your implying I did.  Dickinson has been eating his lunch all game and now the backup big man had on one possession 2-3 offensive rebounds on TJD on pure effort plays that resulted in a Livers slam that put this game away.

7 minutes ago, Jesus Shuttlesworth said:

I’m not on here to get likes lol.  I don’t post hoping people will agree with me.  A lot of posters on here don’t even watch the games.  I watch all the games.  A leader plays hard and doesn’t beat on his own chest.  I said he has gotten better but at the beginning of the year their were plenty of times he just wasn’t going hard.  He has said he is the leader of the team.  I didn’t say it.  I never said the best player has to be the leader of the team so I don’t know why your implying I did.  Dickinson has been eating his lunch all game and now the backup big man had on one possession 2-3 offensive rebounds on TJD on pure effort plays that resulted in a Livers slam that put this game away.

Agree to disagree.  You completely missed my premise, so continuing is completely useless.  In the future if someone asks a question on this or any forum they are not typically instantly going for your throat personally.  To be quite honest I could honestly care less for real if Jesus Shuttleworth played any sports.  So if you think that was my overall intent with asking you a question and you becoming sensitive I apologize.  I am quite frankly sure I will never know enough about Jesus Shuttleworth to give a damn beyond this convo.  Sorry for the misunderstanding and getting you flustered.  Wasn’t my intent with that simple question.  

1 hour ago, mdn82 said:

What in the world??  I liked her post because she's right that people should not personally insult here.  I've liked a lot of posts that say that.  It has nothing to do with you or your ideas as to why I do the things I do.  Goodness.

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

What in the world??  I liked her post because she's right that people should not personally insult here.  I've liked a lot of posts that say that.  It has nothing to do with you or your ideas as to why I do the things I do.  Goodness.

I guess you get one “I don’t like you either” post too Josh.

Now cut it out all of youse!  :)

He’s as good as gone. The game against Michigan State killed this season. That was a chance to get to 13-9 and have momentum heading into the final four games. IU isn’t a mentally tough program and the culture is embarrassing. They’ve got no fight or heart. It’s over for Archie