Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Archie. Miller. Fired.

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

TJD really just needs to be more efficient. For college purposes. You shouldn't be shooting 53% from the field and you take almost zero shots outside 5 feet. 

I suppose but if our team shot 53% we’d win most games. So maybe TJD should shoot 100% of our shots?  He also rebounds a decent amount of his misses.  He’s not perfect, but our lone bright spot doesn’t seem like a fair scapegoat from the fanbase.  It’s odd. 

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I suppose but if our team shot 53% we’d win most games. So maybe TJD should shoot 100% of our shots?  He also rebounds a decent amount of his misses.  He’s not perfect, but our lone bright spot doesn’t seem like a fair scapegoat from the fanbase.  It’s odd. 

I personally believe he's the 2nd best player in the league behind Ayo. Yet we really just waste him. 

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I don’t like to scapegoat ANY player, especially good ones. But even the bad ones. The coach is responsible and should have options for those that consistently make plays that lead to us losing games. 

It has been Archie's biggest flaw. The inability to place players in a position to succeed. It's why I was ready to fire Crean after Vonlehs lone year. It was clear to see he couldn't make adjustments. 

4 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I don’t like to scapegoat ANY player, especially good ones. But even the bad ones. The coach is responsible and should have options for those that consistently make plays that lead to us losing games. 

I would like to see these 6 play 28 minutes a game 

TJD

Geronimo

hunter

durham

franklin

Leal

i can’t stand seeing lineups where we have 2-4 players out there at a time that couldn’t hit broad side of a barn. TJD can’t shoot but does so much more so he has to be out there. There is nobody else that is otherwise good enough to get away with being a bad shooter and the rest can all at least shoot it a bit

phinisee, Lander, Galloway and Thompson are little to no threat to shoot and playing any combo of those along with TJD is a recipe for disaster 

Man I hate this so confident archie was the man now not confident anyone can revive hoosier basketball. Loved hoosier hysteria with cody vick hulls and yogi. Number one great times with a iu stomach churning ending. Let's get back give us a coach who can recruit and hold those great players accountable. Bob knight made pat knight a serviceable player we need a guy like that a guy who can get decent players to play good and great players to dominate. A coach who has his guys play great defense but can stick a three in anyone face or dunk on anyone. A coach who is no bs tough and also can get his guys to play hoosier basketball. Archie is not it but somebody anybody else maybe. If administration is holding back we need a guy who will tell them to f off and do things his way. Praying for our hoossirs

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Honkyman said:

Jesus Shuttleworth said: "TJD is part of the problem."

If only we had a few more "part of the problem" players like TJD who average 20 points and 10 rebounds a game.

Those stats don’t mean jack when your team sucks.  I was pointing out he is no leader.  If he wants to talk tough and beat on his own chest **** that BS.  I have watched the games.  I like guys that play HARD all the time.  That’s not the case with him although he has been better the 2nd half of the season.  This team has no leadership on the court although I think Durham tries the most.  All the top teams in the BIG has guys that lead.  When he leaves after the season if we are so much worse next year I will eat crow.

4 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I personally believe he's the 2nd best player in the league behind Ayo. Yet we really just waste him. 

So he's 'part of the problem' but you believe he's the 2nd best player in the league?

We need more guys that are part of the problem, I guess.

8 hours ago, Jesus Shuttlesworth said:

Those stats don’t mean jack when your team sucks.  I was pointing out he is no leader.  If he wants to talk tough and beat on his own chest **** that BS.  I have watched the games.  I like guys that play HARD all the time.  That’s not the case with him although he has been better the 2nd half of the season.  This team has no leadership on the court although I think Durham tries the most.  All the top teams in the BIG has guys that lead.  When he leaves after the season if we are so much worse next year I will eat crow.

Do they lead in your eyes just because they won more than TJD?  There is no player that “plays hard all the time”.  If you truly feel that way I am guessing you probably didn’t play even high school basketball.  Let alone with anyone good.  I don’t get why we hate on a player going out getting 20/10 in this league, this year.  You really think that isn’t a good enough effort?  I think plenty of people watching this product, this year would politely disagree and feel you are just hating on him for not being part of a winning team.  It’s not his fault he can’t kick it out to an open shooter and expect the shot to drop at a reasonable rate.

Leadership starts at the top. If there is a leadership problem the coaching staff is to blame. Archie recruited the players and it is his responsibility to groom team leaders. Meanwhile, TJD's performance (20 points and 10 rebounds a game) is being wasted. Don't blame him. Blame the coaching staff for failing to provide the players and leaders to make TJD's game performances the key to a winning team. Jackson Davis is a sophomore. Team leadership usually comes from upperclassmen. Archie failed in developing the necessary leadership with the upperclassmen--or he failed to recruit players who are natural leaders.

On the subject of leadership and TJD, the next 3 games should be interesting. I saw a quote from him yesterday when asked why they didn't respond against Rutgers and he said something to the effect of "I don't really know how to answer that but just know that it won't happen again." I think some guys on this team have said something like that before so we'll see how meaningful it is. The small player huddle behind the bench the other night was interesting as well. I don't have much hope but maybe, just maybe there was some sort of players only reckoning meeting or whatever and we'll see a team that cares. 

Side note, I expected the line to be something like Michigan -13.5. The fact that it is -8 and hasn't moved since yesterday.....me thinks Vegas knows something. 

2 hours ago, mdn82 said:

Do they lead in your eyes just because they won more than TJD?  There is no player that “plays hard all the time”.  If you truly feel that way I am guessing you probably didn’t play even high school basketball.  Let alone with anyone good.  I don’t get why we hate on a player going out getting 20/10 in this league, this year.  You really think that isn’t a good enough effort?  I think plenty of people watching this product, this year would politely disagree and feel you are just hating on him for not being part of a winning team.  It’s not his fault he can’t kick it out to an open shooter and expect the shot to drop at a reasonable rate.

Why do you want to make it personal?  Nope I didn’t play high school basketball.  Does that disqualify me for having an opinion and being a fan?  I was a cheerleader in high school and recently college.  I have seen plenty of high school and college basketball.  Plus my family are big basketball fans and my older brothers liked to take their little sister and shoot hoops.  

I completely disagree that “there is no player that plays hard all the time”.  He’s putting up 20/10.  I’m not saying he can’t play.  But those numbers don’t mean he has always played hard.  I mean like him or not Dan Dakich isn’t wrong with what he has said about him.  He has gotten better as the season has gone on as far as playing hard and his effort.  For me, guys that like to pound on their own chests without always playing hard and now wants to talk tough just isn’t my cup of tea.  This team needs a leader on the bench and on the court.  

Nothing annoys me more than the “IU fans are out of control” crowd. Take any ‘blueblood’ program and put them through two decades like the past two that we’ve had. Let’s see how many of those fanbases aren’t pissed off too. 

“Oh IU fans are going to run off Archie.” No, it’s called he’s completely failed to meet any of the expectations. 

19 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Nothing annoys me more than the “IU fans are out of control” crowd. Take any ‘blueblood’ program and put them through two decades like the past two that we’ve had. Let’s see how many of those fanbases aren’t pissed off too. 

“Oh IU fans are going to run off Archie.” No, it’s called he’s completely failed to meet any of the expectations. 

These guys are high.  Archie is not a good basketball coach -- too stubborn.  Won't adapt.  Won't change.  Fails to put players in position to succeed.  Exactly the opposite of good coaches.  

On 2/25/2021 at 3:35 PM, theriverpilot said:

I’ve seen a few posts here stating they wanted to see Miller succeed and I’m one of them. I watched Archie play for NC State plenty of times and knew he was a gritty player. None of that has translated to his coaching; at least not at IU.

Two more things are just glaring like a pimple on a teenagers nose. Total lack of motivation with any of his teams.

Exhibit A:
how do you not get a team ready to beat your heated rival, with a packed house, and the legendary coach that hadn’t set foot in the building for 20 years in the arena that night. It was a complete fail.

Exhibit B:
The NCAA tournament will be hosted entirely in your home state and partly in your own gym. IU won’t be a part of it. How is that allowed to happen?

I realize there are other issues but those two things are virtually unforgivable

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I think his second year when IU had a 10 game losing streak, Archie lost me.  Told me everything I needed to know about our "Coach"  ...I do wish Archie all the best, I just want t at least get our program back to being a mid pack Big Ten team(oh how far this program has fallen).  Somthing we haven't seen with Archie...just embarrassing.